[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /escapism/ here? Probably once a week or so I find a quiet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: 1446160004330.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
1446160004330.png
715 KB, 629x758
Who /escapism/ here?

Probably once a week or so I find a quiet part of my day and just go back to being about 14. I try to remember the friends I hung out with, the music I listened to, games I played, and whatever else I can remember because that was the last time I remember being completely and utterly happy. It's the only thing I feel like I truly enjoy anymore.

How do you escape reality r9k?
>>
>How do you escape reality r9k?
/r9k/
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x1136
I play Star Wars the Old Republic, it's the only thing I truly enjoy anymore besides A Song of Ice and Fire. The game makes me feel important and special, since it's fully voiced it almost feels like there are real people that are grateful for the deeds I've done.
>>
>>28405840

>use escapism usually as a past time
>decided one day to be fully conscious for once
>a few hours in the pain becomes unbearable and I resort back to Music/ Vidya/ r9k for comfort.

When does this ride fucking end
>>
>nothing i can do to escape
>too young to buy alcohol
>cigarettes don't work
>no connections for drugs
>my mind doesn't escape
>all forms of media bore me
>>
>>28405857
Solid answer 2bh

>>28405866
I've thought about playing it but I'll probably just stick to kotor. star wars in general is really comfy though.

>>28405868
Seems like never. Music has been my main form of escapism lately. Been listening to shitty emo bands I listened to as a kid really takes me back.

>>28405878
You probably have drug connects and dont even realize it.
>>
>>28405942
I recommend the game if you have a chance to play, it's really good.
>>
I try to remember my childhood every single day. It was the only time I was moderately happy. I feel like the memories are slipping and it hurts. I keep watching old cartoons I used to watch just to try and get back the essence of being a kid. I just want to go back ;-;
>>
>>28405840
Think about my superb childhood and remember what it felt like to have no worries at all. Also sleep and hope for a dream. In dreams you don't need to think about anything else, you just follow scenario given to you by your mind. Occasionally I get dreams that fill the voids in real life. You can have a loving gf and feel the sensations of being in a warm embrace in your dreams. This is why I keep going back, I haven't even gotten into lucid dreams yet and it's already this good.
>>
>Drink
>Lots of DUDE and various other drugs occasionally.
>Cigs
>Work
>Music, goes well with DUDE

And if I'm really depressed then I'll just sleep away all my free time.
>>
>>28406145
I love the dreams where I get to see my childhood friends again. Then I wake up...
>>
>>28405840
I've taken up Eve Online again. But it just shows me that even among robots I am pathetic and useless.
>>
>>28406271
Waiting on star citizen desu
>>
>>28405840
I fantasize a lot. It's gotten to the point where I'd rather lay on my bed and think about shit that will never happen, rather than actually do anything. Goes even better with music and some brainless vidya.
>>
>>28405942
I don't talk to anyone for me to have connects.
>>
>>28406145
I've been sleeping a lot to escape too. pretty sure thats a huge sign of depression. Shocker.

>>28406234
Weed has been another good way for me but I rarely get the chance to do it without getting caught.

>>28406271
EVE alwyas seemed cool but daunting to me, like I wouldn't be able to handle it and probably just give up.

>>28406319
This is becoming my life honestly. It's getting to the point where I don't do a lot of things I used to because I figure it won't matter anyway.

>>28406333
If you really want them you just have to find the right crowd. I know thats a normie answer but if you try meeting some kids who look like stoners chances are you can get shit from them. Either that or you go the tor darkweb route which I can't personally recommend.
>>
I do that. I don't think about the past so much as I fantasize. I know this is lame but I always wanted to be in the army but got rejected, so I imagine what it would have been like if I'd been in, the good (being in shape) and the bad (likely getting hazed a lot). I also think about back when I played sports, back when music meant much more to me, college, nights out, etc.
>>
>>28406312
I have the beta, but my pc is either too bad to run it, or it had bad drivers

i'll try it again, but star citizen is more normie than eve

>>28406382
I started playing it when i was 14 as an act of escapism from bullying

i used to be facinated with space, and i had dreams of being an astrophysisist

needless to say i failed, my teachers basically told me i was dumb, and now im essentially a neet

it still has that pull, but never as much as then...
>>
>>28406615
>>28406382
n-no reply
>>
>>28405840
5 hours of DnD today. Shame the group only meets every other week. I think about it so much more though.
>>
File: 1458619371650.png (698 KB, 608x715) Image search: [Google]
1458619371650.png
698 KB, 608x715
>>28405840
>draw concepts
>write lore for an rpg i want to make someday

m-my game is gonna be fun guys
>>
>>28406393
I might have to try it at some point then, it always seemed pretty neat. I used vidya to escape a lot as a kid too so I can relate.

>>28406615
Sorry, was escaping. Dark souls has been another really engrossing way to forget everything.

>>28407519
Been trying to get my group together again, finally have everyone in the same state for once.

>>28407537
Go for it anon, there are some really good homebrews
>>
File: yukinooo gif.gif (371 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yukinooo gif.gif
371 KB, 500x281
>>28405840

all the time, I first started lucid dreaming a long time ago for the sake of escapism

Later added onto with meditation and tulpas
>>
File: 1420882660782.png (302 KB, 666x664) Image search: [Google]
1420882660782.png
302 KB, 666x664
>>28408332
>lucid dreaming
>2008(?) /a/
>nightly lucid dream threads
>decide to try it
>make it work on the first night
>never succeed again in seven fucking years
>>
>>28408355
>fell for the lucid dream meme
>>
File: 1456498885164.png (192 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456498885164.png
192 KB, 300x300
>>28408355

If you can do it once, you can do it again!

It probably worked back then because your thoughts were all focused on it at the time
>>
File: Formen.jpg (329 KB, 1057x1186) Image search: [Google]
Formen.jpg
329 KB, 1057x1186
>>28408437
It absolutely worked. I stood up, and started walking to my (mothers) garage to get on a giant robot and woke up.
>>
>>28405840
It's all I live for.
>>
>>28406393
Replied to the wrong people whoops. My brother was in the army for about 4 years and he hated it. I know it seems cool but from what hes told me its an experience you did not need to see imo

>>28406615
>>28407315
My reply to him ^ was for you, i am a dumb.

>>28405968
I go back and watch old shows I loved but it hurts too much now. I dont enjoy them the way I used to.

>>28408332
I love lucid dreaming but I can never seem to induce it. Never tried tulpas and dont plan to tee bee aich

>>28408470
It makes you wonder whats really real anymore. If all you experience is make believe it almost makes that realer than real life.
>>
it's gotten bretty bad op

>play super metroid online nonstop because i love samus and never played that game before until recently, and even though i know where everything is i still like shooting at walls and hoping for something hidden to appear
>pokemon for my whole life, so i write *OC donut steel* ideas about it, with trainers and their pokemon and antagonists and what a pokemon hack i'd make would be like
>notice how /r9k/ makes me hate everyone around me but still majorly irresponsible and spend hours browsing it
>play loud music hoping the voices leave me alone because they make me feel insane and i know they aren't real because they're crystal clear and both of my ears are clogged with earwax (>tfw tiny ear canals) and i can't hear regular people properly
>used to escape by composing edm and beats, but now all of my ideas are bad
>think back to when i was a functional human being, achiever, and socially fluid who enjoyed his high school experience
>ignore college and obligations
>wish death would wash over me and end my lonely and psychotic oblivion
>>
File: Sugiura.Ayano.full.1256299.jpg (216 KB, 480x782) Image search: [Google]
Sugiura.Ayano.full.1256299.jpg
216 KB, 480x782
I regularly fantasize about being about being a 16 Japanese girl who makes chiptunes and is really good at BEMANI games, she's also a lesbian and has a girlfriend who is even than she is and they've been friends since they were around 8 or so. Her daily activities include going to school, going to her club afterschool where she talks to her friends and her girlfriend. She goes to the arcade on th weekend with her girlfriend and they enjoy their time together.

My day is usually do wageslave bullshit, fantasize/day dream for a couple of hours, or I'll do things that she does but in real life (like making chiptunes or playing BEMANI games.) I've considered trying to make a tulpa of her girlfriend, so that a part of fantasies come with me every where I go.
>>
>>28408566
Thats pretty fucked anon. Escape can be healthy but maybe you're relying on it too much. If you're legitimately hearing voices you might want to seek some psychiatric help. You should try getting back into music too, artistic releases are really satisfying imo.

>>28408611
I've always idolized jap culture, their culture always seems so foreign to me that its almost magical. Like living on another planet or something. I've been thinking about going there one day just to experience it instead of fantasizing.
>>
File: 1461016422378.png (356 KB, 525x393) Image search: [Google]
1461016422378.png
356 KB, 525x393
i pretend i'm a fictional character depending on my mood/how my day is going, so I could be anybody between Invoker from dota to jason voorhees to fuckin mr game and watch

i also have a particular resting spot, a beaten up blue armchair i found behind the greek orthodox church close to my home one day

i sit horizontally in it with my legs draping over the sides, a cold bear in hand, watching Dave the Barbarian on my phone
>>
>>28405878
Why don't you try to talk to someone?
People won't have a reason to talk to you unless you give them one
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.