[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw total autist >start playing the guitar >i havent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 354.jpg (36 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
36 KB, 680x684
>tfw total autist
>start playing the guitar
>i havent got friends so its all i do
>practise 7hs/day
>get really good
>i dont know any other musician
>everyone is in a band except me
>feel like i wasted all this time because im here playing alone and drinking
Has this happened to anyone? i know some of you robots are pretty good at music
>>
I'm shit at guitar desu. You wanna post a vocaroo of you playing?
>>
In the same position, except the total autist part, and I play the drums

thinking about getting real good, then starting with an another instrument, maybe even learning to sing. Ill just keep doing what Im doing, maybe someone will join me, if not, you can always end up like this guy and his --one man band-- ( there are others, maybe even better, but this is the only one I know of)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8WtOR5bmI
>>
>>28405410
Sorry i have tendonitis right now so i cant play, do you play lead or rythm?
>>28405507
Nice, im planning to learn drums now is it difficult? Well if you arent an autist why arent you in a band?
>>
>>28405692
It's easy, only real trouble might be keeping rhytm, and developing your speed. And because all the people I played with are idiots, stuck up assholes or straight out children. Anyone can put together a bunch of assholes to play together with, but being a band is not just about that. You need to be on the same level, with the music you want to play, the idea you want to share with your listeners, and most of all, you need to be dedicated. I knew a cunt that would rather "hang out" instead of going to practice, then I knew a cunt that was all "yeah man punk, hardcore, rock Im all about that" and then his parents didn't let him go to practice (17yo).

A good band is not about the musicians skill at playing, it's about attitude, and above all, playing with people that are just like you
>>
>>28405815
Well at least its better than nothing, i only have like 3 or 4 friends and we all play the guitar, i dont know anyone who plays drums or bass, how do you meet that people?
>>
>>28405843
Just like you meet new people. Just like you meet your girlfriend. Just like you meet the love of your life; It doesn't happen, you're on r9k afterall

go out and be yourself, or dismiss this simple advice like anyone else on this board, and remain alone with your guitar and lack of social skills
>>
File: alien face.png (97 KB, 693x720) Image search: [Google]
alien face.png
97 KB, 693x720
>>28405132
I don't believe you.

Post a vocaroo of you playing guitar.

Preferably something classical or jazzy that isn't shitty metal shredding.
>>
>>28405872
Maybe i should, sometimes i go to parties and stuff but its not the best place to talk about music and meeting new people till i find someone who plays drums sounds pretty boring
>>
>>28405132
This is literally me. Two days ago this guy saw me playing and joined me. First time I ever played with another person.

It's like being a beginner again. I can play some pretty difficult songs, but playing with another person is an entirely different skill. He ended up just telling me which chords to play while he improvised. It sounded really good and was a good time, also apparently playing with other people is the fastest way to improve.

He had really good music theory knowledge, knew every note and chord and progression and all that shit. But I think I later realized I was overall better at actually playing. The only songs he really played were just strumming basic chord progressions and singing, while most of the shit I played is fingerstyle or classical guitar.
>>
File: 1457875499356.jpg (46 KB, 658x448) Image search: [Google]
1457875499356.jpg
46 KB, 658x448
>was decent on acoustic and bass
>dropped it because i couldn't compose for shit
>2 guitars and 2 amps collect dust and remind me that my motivation fucking sucks
>>
File: gaaaaaayyyy.png (113 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gaaaaaayyyy.png
113 KB, 500x500
>>28405132
>>28405884
Still waiting, you lying piece of shit.
>>
>>28405884
>i dont believe you
About what? i havent said nothing weird, its pretty common to play many hours, sorry i cant play now bc tendonitis
>>
>>28405928
The same happened to me the other day i never played with a drummer and when i had to do a solo i could just do a simple blues solo, but i have to say its much more fun this way
>>
>>28406033
I don't believe you're any good.

>sorry i cant play now bc tendonitis

Oh, how convenient.

Fuck off loser.
>>
>>28406141
In his defense, without any decent recording equipment no matter what he plays, its going to sound like shit.
>>
File: 1460210353543.jpg (227 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1460210353543.jpg
227 KB, 600x800
This happened to me too.

Protip: buy your own gear, make your own music. Being in a band is very overrated, and more often than not all the music is written by one member who sorts shit out for the rest of the people in the group.
>>
>>28406141
Lol its not convenient at all, i wouldnt be in this board if i were ok, i would be playing.
>>
>>28405132
Just be one of those mysterious solo acoustic players.
>>
>>28405132
Hey man, you learned a skill. That's better than doing nothing like I am.
>>
>>28406198
Cool do you have anything recorded?
>>28406300
That makes me feel better, you can do something to anon
>>
>>28406371
>you can do something to anon

It's "too", not "to", you retarded little monkey.
>>
>>28406429
>>28406007
Anon stop samefagging and go to sleep
>>
Guitar is such an entry-level instrument. It's only what attention whores play.
>>
>>28406470
That's not samefagging you dumb ass.

Get the fuck out of here newfag.
>>
i was like that for years. i played for about 10 years before i joined a band. i kind of lucked out though, a family member has been playing in bands around my area for like 30 years so he got me involved with some of his projects. i've been playing with him off and on for about 8 years now. just cover band stuff though. there really aren't many actual original bands in my area, no one gives a shit about original music around here.

there's a few people my age around here that kind of do the same thing as me, they play in bands with older people. i've thought about putting together some original band with those guys, but they're into music i have no interest in, mostly metal and jazz. the jazz guys in particular are really good players, but they're also pretty douchey. metal guys are cooler but i can't deal with that music.

try craigslist, but good luck trying to find a band that's looking for a guitarist. everyone and their mother plays guitar.
>>
>>28406617
oh im sorry skeletor
>>
>>28406685
What kind of music you like?
You know you could always write your own shit and hire guys to play it too
>>
>>28406821
idk i listen to a lot of stuff, i've been listening to a lot of kurt vile/mac demarco slacker rock lately

i've written some of my own stuff, but i'm more into collaborative type of stuff where we can bounce ideas off of each other and we can tell each other if it's shit or not
>>
>>28407010
Ugh. Of course you're a Pitchfork pleb with no taste of your own.

Get the fuck out of here loser.
>>
playing gauitar along with songs i love is awesome, i dont need anyone else to enjoy it
>>
>>28407101
b-but anon my favorite guitarist is django reinhardt

a-am i still pleb???
>>
>>28405132
Dylan is that you anon?
>>
>>28407251
The problem with people like you, is you only scratch the surface of the genres you listen to. Most of the time only listening to the most critically acclaimed artists in said genre. So, your "taste" is contrived as fuck.

Django is great, but I guarantee you know fuck all about gypsy-jazz, let alone jazz.
>>
>>28407388
>believing in genres
I think you're the real pleb here.
>>
>>28407433
You're totally missing the point retard.

>hurr i don't believe in labelzzz!!11

Fuck off you underage idiot.
>>
>>28407388
yea because every gypsy jazz musician since django has been so innovative, right? gypsy jazz was defined by django and grapelli and everything that has come after is just someone imitating them

at best you get someone like bierli lagere,..

also you're making a lot of assumptions based on absolutely nothing
>>
>>28407457
>heh, if i call him underage then i don't have to make an argument!
Please explain why I should listen to other music just because it sounds similar to music I like.
>>
>>28407532
because it makes it easier to find good music? fucking retard
>>
went to see captain america today with my brothers. while at the theater saw a guy with a dimension W shirt. got called a normie faggot, told him im not look ultra man shirt im a faggot too. points to my brothers "only normies have friends." feels good not to really look like you faggots. the ticket lady even hit on me because i paid for the tickets(parents only trust me with money)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.