[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am now one week sober, feels fucking amazing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
13 KB, 633x758
I am now one week sober, feels fucking amazing.
>>
Good job anon, the feeling of sobriety is truly amazing in the first few weeks.

It gets real dark after that and you start to remember why you self medicated in the first place, but enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
File: rei.jpg (62 KB, 450x557) Image search: [Google]
rei.jpg
62 KB, 450x557
>>28400519
Keep it up my man, you can do this

Here's a cute anime grill
>>
I am now 6 hours sober and will be changing that shortly
>>
>>28400563

THIS IS CORRECT LOL
>>
>>28400563
I remembered after 24 hours
>>
>>28400519
If you have to count the weeks, you're still an alcoholic. Drink yourself to death.
>>
DEAD BY 35 HAIL SATAN
>>
>>28400687
No problem with tracking Progress
>>
>>28400519
Today is sat? Why not get fucking shitty tonight knock some back and eat good food?
>>
>>28400781
Fuckk off satan
>>
>>28400519
I'm having pizza rum and coke, join me senpai, take it slow and chillax weekends
>>
>>28400847
I didn't get satan trips M8, its the weekend its meant to drink and relax, watch some good movies munch on fav food
>>
>>28400999
Oh shit I did get trips and 9s fucking checked OP crack that drink open!! Its a sign
>>
>>28400563
Nothing wrong with drinking just keep it to fri or sat thats how you cut back and party, did you go through any withdrawls?
>>
>>28400999
>>28401045

DONT DO IT OP, SLIPPERY SLOPE! SLIPPERY SLOPE!
>>
>>28401070

>withdrawls

No, I've never felt anything withdrawing from any drugs, even booze, and I booze hard. Always just put it down to the hell that is being sober.

I feel great when I'm twisted, even the morning after. I do not understand not being fucked up.
>>
Drinking some Lagunitas right now, so fucking good after a day spent in the Texas heat. Gonna make some burgers as soon as I finish pooping
>>
One week sober and everything feels like fucking shit. I wish I was drunk.
>>
>>28401149
How old are you the older you get the harder the mornings are trust me
>>
>>28400519
Proud of you OP, you can do it bro
>>
>>28401216
Ya but its normal drinking everyday doesnt even become fun anymore it becomes a shitty habit id rather smash 1 day a week then all but i still want my 1 day
>>
>>28401149
You should listen to satans friends get wrecked M8, if you didnt have withdrawls you didnt booze hard enough

>>28400999
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 205x246
Why can't I kick this stimulant addiction?
>>
>>28401269

This is why I quit. Drinking started feeling like a chore to me. After awhile I just went immediately from sober-to-blackout not doing anything fun in between then waking up feeling like shit
>>
>>28401318
You need to hit rock bottom, idk what it is for you but some people attempt suicide others lose everything and live on the streets for years, others end up in jail up to you my dude senpai
>>
>>28401070
>Nothing wrong with drinking just keep it to fri or sat

I fucking hate it when retards give this advise to recovering alcoholics.
>>
>>28401318
>Becuase you are too weak willed to do it without help
>>
>>28401269
Drinking feels good to me for like five days straight. After that it starts getting a bit hard.
>>
>>28401379

Not him but my rock bottom was being arrested for drunk and disorderly. I wish I was smart enough to get help before that.

> 6 months sober now
>>
>>28401366
I drink once a month now maybe twice i do 2 beers or a few shots I'm older fag though, you are right if drink that much it is a chore you just get black out drunk do nothing fun wake up recover repeat, it was fun my younger years but eh these days
>>
>>28401402
Who are you quoting, newfriend?

Originisimo
>>
File: tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg (5 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg
5 KB, 252x161
>friend tells me to grab a handful of mushrooms for his bag and mow down
>grab like 5 grams, eat them all
>have an awful time and wake up feeling fried and suicidally depressed
>6 months later, feel this way all the time
>mfw mushrooms made me a robot
is an hero the only option for me /r9k/
>>
>>28401405
Thats still lots M8 try keep it weekend dont want to get fucked down the road
>>
File: 1461798293485.png (156 KB, 319x310) Image search: [Google]
1461798293485.png
156 KB, 319x310
Good job, anon. I need to quit my ground seroquel/ rum mix habit before it kills me. I am jealous.
>>
>>28400519
I am now 4 months sober, feels fucking awful.

I just want to drink and feel human again fuck this is the worst please tell me it gets better
>>
>>28401421
Well imp thing is no one died and you can move on, what was your sentancing? I would be suprised if mandatory AA wasnt part of it
>>
>>28401428
Nobody. I did the meme arrows by accident.
>>
>>28401466
>please tell me it gets better
Iol no
>>
>>28401474

Seeing how it was my first offense ever, my punishment was rehab.

I wasn't required to go to AA but I do it now whenever I really feel like having a drink, but it's getting to the point where I only have to go once ever 2 weeks or so because the urge to drink is very small
>>
>>28401466
Why does it feel bad? Just spend time working out, doing shit be active its the only way I beat it, you might miss it but once you get back in that routine you wont
>>
>>28401474
Are you drunk right now?

Sounds like it sempaichi
>>
>>28401318
Gather some benzos and find some time (implying all your time isn't free time) to be irritable, have no motivation and all and spend time watching tv/shitposting/whatever.

Currently snorting some MPA tbqh friendo, my stim use is getting a bit out of hand specially since I'm snorting them and I'm afraid I might damage my nose. Would try to kick it but I'm in exams-uni project period, fuck my shit up.
>>
>>28401466

Are you a dry drunk? White knuckling it? Because if you are your life isn't going to get better
>>
I drank for 6 years strait like 5th a day, quit cold turkey and smoking don't miss it at all I wouldnt suggest cold turkey, some people can others cant and die
>>
>>28401533
Hate to tell you nope fighting off this cold I got
>>
>>28401435
Could you describe your trip?

I had a less than stellar trip on 4 grams about 2 weeks ago. Hasn't really affected me long term, but it has made me stop talking to the guy who's house I took them at. I never really got along with him to begin with, I only ever hung out with him because my cousin would bring me along. While I was tripping, the dude decided to be a fucking asshole and mess with everyone who took the shrooms. Legit saw him growing horns after that. Glad he got a DUI this past Tuesday
>>
>>28401547
I have anxiety disorder, man don't get hooked up benzos also for other Robros drinking only makes you more depressed and highly prone to panic attacks
>>
>>28401615
>implying life isn't one huge panic attack
>>
>>28401634
It is if you drink and take daily benzos
>>
Congrats anon. Working on day 4 here. Not feeling great emotionally but it's nice to feel more like myself again and knowing that there is nothing holding me back without the liquor and drugs.
>>
>>28401466
I don't know how people can work 40 hours a week totally sober their whole lives. That crushing one-two punch of sobriety AND labor knocks me the fuck out fast.
>>
>>28401511
Got pretty lucky senpai
>>
>>28401495
Fuck

>>28401523
I do I just can't connect with anyone or feel any semblance of enjoyment

>>28401551
What the fuck is a dry drunk
>>
>>28401701
It takes a long time depending on how much you dranknfor ya brain to rewire itself
>>
For all the alcoholic anons, how fat did you get once you started drinking fulltime?

I've gained a good 40 lbs. Feel and look like absolute dogass. I ran into an old coworker a few weeks ago, he literally did not recognize me until we were two feet away from each other. I could tell that he thought it was just some fat stranger waltzing up to him at first
>>
>>28401615
Are you >>28401318?
I talked about getting benzos only while kicking the stim use, benzo withrawal is one mothefucking underestimated beast so I would never recommend uncontrolled benzo use.
They can be used as a tool though, particularly useful in the short term while kicking some addictions.
>>
>>28400519
Congrats anon!
Keep it up mate :)
>>
>>28401730
Gained about 20kg, then lost it all while still drinking huge amounts. The trick is to stop eating.
>>
>>28401779
true, the more alcohol I drink the thinner I get really. I've never taken it to the limit, but lots of alcoholics are skinny.
>>
>>28401236

I actually feel better after a night of boozing. This isn't delusion, I used to suffer as a teenager. I think it's a superpower or something.
>>
>>28401730
I managed to still get plenty of exercise skateboarding, or going for long walks if I had an injury. Coupled with the fact that I rarely ate I managed to be underweight even during my worst bouts of drinking. Sobriety though I gain weight because I eat tons of candies.
>>
>>28400563
god damn if this isnt accurate
>>
>>28401600
We started out at a bonfire and I was having a great fucking time, but then got back to my friends garage and shit started getting bad. There was 5 of us just chilling and suddenly I felt like everyone had something against me, like they were holding grudges. At one point it seemed like I had left, but was really still just sitting in my chair, and everyone began just saying awful things and I had wondered what I did wrong. We had been watching some YouTube videos but literally all my vision consisted of at that point was morphing blobs of color and intricate patterns so I tried to ignore my thoughts and just let visuals take over.
>>
>>28401899

Paranoia is the bane of many drugs. You have to fight through it, kick its face in.

It's all in your head, and once you learn to ignore it, things get really fun. Get angry and destroy your paranoia. Nobody is going to physically hurt you. Nobody cares. It's all in your head, just enjoy the high.
>>
>>28400563
first post best post, accurate.
Still, getting sober is an opportunity to re-evaluate why you got there and figure out another way to cope with your issues that doesn't destruct your body. So good luck m8
>>
>>28401962

this x100

being sober for a couple weeks just makes you a better junkie when you get back to it
>>
>>28401730
I could never get below 220-230lbs no matter what. If it's enough to get drunk it's too many calories for a healthy daily habit. A 12 pack of beer is gonna hit a 200lb man's allowance alone with like 2000 calories.

>>28401779
>The trick is to stop eating.
Sort of? The key to long term healthy sustainable drinking I think is to eat small and healthy, AND to limit your drinking to a few light beers a night like a snack rather than a big indulgence.
>>
>If I drink I feel like shit
>If I don't drink I feel like shit

It's not fair desu, I thought that when I quitted things would be alright ;_;
>>
>>28401990
lol it doesn't even count as drinking unless it's at least 14+ beers

i'd rather be sober than drink a few beers, would only make me mad desu
>>
never smoke, never drank, never did any drugs

Reading this thread, I probably never will.

No matter what benefits come from those substances, I'm sure I'm better off sober.
>>
>>28402132

behold, the un-indoctrinated
>>
>>28402132
Then again, normal people drink and have fun while you are on /r9k/.
>>
>>28402291
That's true, but there are a huge number of people who drink AND stay on /r9k/.

I'm slowly making my way towards becoming a normie. I've started talking to a lot of people at my university lately, and really improved my social skills. Working on losing my lard now.
Think I'm gonna make it, lads
>>
>>28402132
>>28402291
drugs are great in moderation for normal people with minimal mental problems.
robots use it as a crutch and we just go deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole
>>
File: appel_hering_in_tomatencreme.jpg (57 KB, 494x302) Image search: [Google]
appel_hering_in_tomatencreme.jpg
57 KB, 494x302
7 months sober here. Feels nice.
Keep it up
>>
>>28401435
You have to trip again and conquer the demons
>>
>>28402515
At what point does it get better

does it
>>
>>28402655
Not him, but I'm going to say no unless you fix the habits that led you to alcoholism in the first place.
>>
>>28402752
I've started working out and studying, but I still don't feel normal or connected to anyone. Everyone/thing seems so surreal and alien\
>>
>>28402752
I think it's easier to drink myself to death than try to fix decades of bullying.
>>
>>28402906
I don't disagree. Humans do take the path of least resistance, especially if you're genetically prone to alcoholism via whatever method (bad coping strategies, less emotional pain threshold).

>>28402789
Everything is alien and surreal. The only reason a lot of people feel normal is this is the only reality they've ever experienced. Trace levels of DMT (the hallucinogenic drug) in our brains help us to seperate reality and fantasy and add context to sensory experiences. What drug did you come off and how hard was the withdrawal?
>>
>>28400519
>tfw watching mother fall into alcoholism

God damn it this is so hard to watch and anytime I say anything she just points out that I drink too. All I really drink is craft beers ever now and then and when I do it's usually 1-2 beers at a time.

She will go through a 24 pack of Michelob Ultra in a couple of hours. It's pretty common for her to go through two bottles of wine in a night. She will do this every night all week long and she won't admit she has a problem. She's gotten very overweight and I imagine the alcohol has something to do with it. It's not uncommon for me to come home from work to find her so shitfaced she can't talk straight.

She disgusts me as a person and I just feel bad living here. I'm afraid to leave because I don't want her to hurt herself and it is my mother, but at the same time I just don't think I can put up with this anymore. It makes me feel bad about the little drinking I actually do because I'm afraid I will end up like her.
>>
File: finnish life.png (173 KB, 640x473) Image search: [Google]
finnish life.png
173 KB, 640x473
>tfw entire family is alcoholics except my mother
This is the average finnish family
>>
>>28402655
I've tried dozens of times to stop unsuccessfully for ~7 years.
It takes a change in your state of mind to be successful, just quitting without fixing or accepting your problems won't work.
>>
i've been sober pretty much all of my life :(

i was born with seizures been on meds all of my life.
>>
>>28402132
meh it depends, lots of bias going on too. I never talk about drugs while they are useful to me, only when they cause trouble.
They're dangerous and very hard to control, but potentially benefitial. I woul've dropped out of uni already if it wasn't for stims so overall drugs have helped me even if they fuck my shit up sometimes. You need to make a risk-benefit evaluation, that's all.
>>
>>28403112
>She disgusts me as a person
Stop faggot, she's your mother. If she doesn't mistreat you or your family you have no reason to be disgusted.
Your mother has a big fucking problem and that's it, try to help her and if she can't be helped then tough luck m8. You can always move out and live your life but don't be fucking disgusted because your mom drinks too much holy shit.
>>
>>28403575
That's some great enabling skills you have over there. Gotta remember those family bonds matter more than anything and it's not okay to judge family to the same standards you do outsiders, right?
>>
>>28403657
>I judge family to the same standards as I do outsiders
I guess outsiders raised your edgy ass while you where a useless kid and would give you unconditional love, faggot.
Keep being ebin and disregarding family values, because they're just people and you should judge them just like you would anyone else right?
>haha why are people so stupid only you thought of that xdxd
>>
>>28403830
Did I touch a nerve?

The fact people like you continue to perpetuate the idea of family members magically being immune to criticism and always being dispensers of unconditional love is how so many people on this board got here. They feel guilty and wrong when they realise their reality is nothing like that and blame themselves when it's actually a fucked up environment and family dragging them down.

You are a fucking enabler of the worse kind.
>>
File: 1461536258510.jpg (293 KB, 700x567) Image search: [Google]
1461536258510.jpg
293 KB, 700x567
>>28400519
Just diagnosed as an alcoholic, feels great.
>>
>>28400563
i'm a month in and craving anything
>>
>>28403930
No my retarded friend, I just assumed you could read. Never said family is immune to criticism or that every family member dispenses unconditional love. I explicitly stated "if she doesn't mistreat you or your family".
Family members can be shitheads, but humans tend to bond with family in a different way they do with people in general. An average friend might tell you to go fuck yourself if you're an alcoholic, an average mother won't. Not difficult to understand.
>>
>>28404409
Being an alcoholic isn't inherently abusive, but her projecting her bullshit and constantly making comparisons between her and him is. You deliberately close off your ability to see this behaviour because of your biases towards families being a just world situation. They're not.
>>
>>28403575
I don't think she's directly mistreated me or my younger sister as far as my childhood goes. I do think she made some poor decisions that negatively impacted me, but there's nothing I can do about that other than make better decisions for myself going forward.

I used to think like you and that it is unfair to place judgement/blame on close family members like that, but then I realized how ludicrous that is. My mother is a very negative person to be around. I am embarrassed to do things like go out to eat with her to family dinners or introduce her to people in my life because she gets shitfaced and makes a fool of herself.

It's pretty much always been this way. Even when I was in school I can remember being too embarrassed to have friends over because my mom was always drunk. I'm just now starting to come to terms with the fact that this is not normal in the slightest.

I probably should move out. I make enough money that I could do so without causing any real financial strain for myself. This would obviously be a big problem for her though since she can't afford her mortgage and I help her pay for it.
>>
>>28404673
Yeah and it's a huge shame people like him indirectly allow fucking horrendous behaviour like that just because it allows them to feel like they have loyalty. The decision is up to you whether you stay or go, you have to weigh up the pros and cons. Don't act in malice/spite but equally don't be emotionally manipulated into staying if the situation is going to drag you down further.
>>
>>28400519
Good for you anon, I'm genuinely proud, addiction can be a massive bitch that's hard to cope with and finally excavate from your life. Good for you.
>>
>>28404506
>>28404803
>your biases towards families
>people like him indirectly allow
Ok you just went full retard. Try reddit, your revolutionary ideas might have more of an impact there.
>>28404673
I'm truly sorry mate, looks like it's better for you to move out. If the situation is this bad there's no reason for both of you going down.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.