[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best medication for Anxiety and panic attacks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1386607760650.png (204 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1386607760650.png
204 KB, 500x375
What's the best medication for Anxiety and panic attacks?
>>
>>28396273
Cognitive behavioral therapy, breathing techniques, a strong desire to change, and a willingness to force yourself into uncomfortable situations. You must never give up or admit defeat, you are your own worst enemy so take control.
>>
>>28396273
Death.
degozaru
>>
fighting the fear

you know its all in your head

do you want it to take over your life?
>>
They'd prescribe you antidepressants and benzos. I haven't had much luck with either myself, but I'd argue the benzo dose I was prescribed was too low. On the other hand, the higher the dosage of benzo you take the more likely you are to fuck up from the brain fog and the effects on your coordination it causes, (e.g. being off-balance) and if fucking up is what causes the anxiety it can actually make it worse in the long run. Antidepressants can cause similar problems due the dissociation they can cause. These are only my personal experiences, though. They work different for everyone.
>>
>>28396273
Suicide will cure your problems forever
>>
>>28396273
See a psychiatrist, depending on several things the most effective medication will differ.
>>
>>28396273
No ones giving you a legit answer so I will. Xanax is good in that regard but be careful, it's pretty addictive and withdrawal can kill you.
>>
>>28396402

I fucking hate CBT so damn much. It's literally the practice of lying to yourself over and over again until you start to think the lies are true. How anyone with a shred of self awareness can fall for that garbage is beyond me.
>>
>>28396273
depression can override anxiety if it gets bad enough

just a tip
>>
Benzos but they're not really worth it in the long run (withdrawals, dependence, tolerance buildup.) I heard phenelzine, a MAIO (type of antidepressant) is also really good against anxiety, but its hard to get prescribed and has a ton of bad side effects (e.g. can't eat a shitload of foods or you could die)
>>
>>28396565
this

pre-school trash
>>
>>28396273

Benzos work wonders for anxiety, but they're addictive as hell and one of the only drugs where the withdrawals can outright kill you.
>>
Benzos do nothing for me but make me sleepy and uncoordinated. Must be my brain chemistry., but they do nothing for my anxiety. I've found antidepressants over time do the best job, but there's nothing for acute onset anxiety aside from booze that works for me
>>
File: 1460567818005.jpg (25 KB, 419x436) Image search: [Google]
1460567818005.jpg
25 KB, 419x436
>>28396565
>not learning self hypnosis
>not mastering the ability to eliminate your faults and grow mentally
>not being about to perfect your defects ranging from depression to generalized anxiety disorder

Have fun with your insecurities and crippling fears.
>>
>>28396505
this!
im not kidding.

benzos help against fear, but they make addicted and your body build a tolerance.
with the right antidepressants you dont have anxiety any more.
but once your fears are gone you will recognize that fears are only a part of the miserable problems in life.

your body will build up a tolerance against beeing happy,
god hates us
>>
>>28396570
I was on phenelzine and it didn't help unless I took 90mg, and then I couldn't piss so I had to drop the dose back down and lost the positive effects
>>
Who /lexapro/ here?
>>
>>28396660
>not learning self hypnosis
i bet you go to the shaman in the woods too.
>>
>>28396273
Mirtazapine 60 mg + wellbutrin 300 mg
will help you.
the withdrawals:
mirtazapine makes you tired in the morning,
wellbutrin makes you easier getting angry
>>
File: 1428019763903.jpg (51 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1428019763903.jpg
51 KB, 228x239
>>28396273
Some Nyquil always did the trick when I was in high school. One dosage or two whenever I felt anxious; felt nice and relaxed afterwards. Didn't need to waste my time with some psychotherapist and their experimental drugs anymore.
>>
>>28396273
A bullet to the head, administered immediately.
Kek I'm so edgy and original lel
>>
Benzo

CBTherapy if you want something that won't give you brain damage long term.
>>
>>28396638
You have to power through the drowsyness and lethargy. It goes away after awhile and after you get used to getting through it you don't even notice it anymore.
>>
>>28396752
i did something very similar. I would take 1-2 Tylenol PM's and it would do the trick for me. it really helped for job interviews.
>>
File: clock.png (22 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
clock.png
22 KB, 300x299
>>28396273
Stare at a clock (one with hands), counting how long you can breathe in and out for, gradually try to increase this time as you progress

e.g
>Inhale: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (in head)
>Exhale: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (in head)
>>
>When you realize everyone can tell you're having a panic attack and thinks you're a crazy retard

They know...:(
>>
File: 1436908607938.jpg (101 KB, 320x315) Image search: [Google]
1436908607938.jpg
101 KB, 320x315
>>28397068
I only had one panic attack. It happened 10 years ago but it feels like it happened today.
>>
>had to go to the doctors for them to check on my ear infection
>mom came with me because she had the day off work just because she could get a care leave certificate
>walk up and talk to the receptionist
>autism everything
>go to sit down
>lobbies sort of full so pushed up against my mom
>"Anon why are you shaking?"
>tfw couldn't tell her I was on the verge of having a panic attack from spaghetting the receptionist
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.