[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the reasons behind school shootings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: columbine.jpg (150 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
columbine.jpg
150 KB, 480x300
Robots, I'm in need of your help.

I have to write a paper about the reasons behind school shootings and why they happen more frequently in America. I also have to address the idea that possessing a weapon is a civil right.

I have some good points already but I really wanna show the true reasons behind school shootings and not what media tells us. I figured we on this board know these reasons best.

So what are the reasons behind school shootings?
>>
Edgy kids with fucked Up brain chemicals
>>
You need a book called going postal about mass shootings
>>
>>28396066
Normies fuckin wit us
>>
Kids raised around bad parents. Bad parents are usually shitty people. Shitty people can't lock up their guns in the safe like they're supposed to.
>>
>>28396066
>why they happen more frequently in America.
Getting a gun in most of european countries is hard as Chad's dick. I'm not saying accessibility of guns is a reason tho, it's just that model school shooters here don't have the tools necessary for their job
>>
>>28396066
If you need to ask this question, get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>28396101
..by Mark Ames
>>
>>28396066
I have a whole microsoft office document defending and explaining school shooters
but with a OP like that you should fuck off back to lebbit
>>
File: feel check em.png (55 KB, 485x409) Image search: [Google]
feel check em.png
55 KB, 485x409
>>28396115
>parents
>s

true robots where build by single mothers

>>28396144
/thread
>>
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go, shoot school
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know, shoot school

Just listen to the screaming of the sheeple in the school hall
Linger in the library where the blood stains are pretty
How can you lose?
Police lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

So go shoot school
Things will be great when you shoot school
No better place for it, shoot school
Everyone's waiting for you
>>
>>28396144
Oh, I know my personal reasons and why I think they happen but I want a wider perspective. Maybe some of you have other reasons or views that could help me explain why they happen.
>>
>>28396066
Social media culture, people more easily see how successful others are and feel like shit. There is a study for depression being linked to high social media use, maybe that could be useful
>>
>>28396479
I would be very interested in that and not just for the purpose of writing this paper. I'm also genuinely interested.

What's wrong with the OP? That I attend uni? That I wanna write a good paper about a subject I'm interested in for once? I already know the reasons I have experienced myself and I know the media's take on it, but I want the reasons behind school shootings that other robots have and I have not experienced. I think some new perspective on this would be very interesting to read about.
>>
>>28396642
Did you write that?
>>
>>28396066
Anger and the feeling of power when carrying out the act. As well as this, the number one reason has to be fame, especially for shooters in their teens. If the media were to stop reporting these shootings or hadn't done so in the first place, I'd make a guess that there would be 90% less massacres committed in schools.
>>
>>28396702

This, plus we give them so much fucking attention whenever somebody does it. These people send news channels their manifestos, come on. It's our fucking media culture
>>
>>28396702
Oh, that's definitely part of it. I find it weird that we haven't had a surge in school shootings as social media use has become more common. I'll definitely write about it though.
>>
>>28396780
Yeah, I also think fame is a huge part of it. I also think jealousy plays a huge role. School shooters are often jealous of people living better lives than them and when they wanna kill themselves they want to bring as many others with them as possible to not let them continue living their happy lives while they themselves are dead after ending their in comparison shitty lives.
>>
So other than guns being easier available in America, who do school shootings happen so much more often here?

I think it's in part because of the shitty mental healthcare. We give people pills and expect them to be cured.
>>
bumperinorino
>>
>>28396066
Junk food and the alienating effects of western culture combined with a lack of gun control.
>>
White kids are crazy and their parents have guns
>>
>>28398331
>Junk food
how? no tinfoil pls
>>
>>28396066
>what are the reasons behind school shootings?
Assuming you meant to say, "...what are the reasons behind school shootings in our country and why they aren't as prevalent elsewhere in the world?"

You have to be either stupid or wilfully ignorant - gun control.
>>
The Media gives them validation.

Beyond that I won't pretend to understand any of that shit
>>
>>28396066
Just so you know, if you submit a paper that doesn't cast school shooters in a bad light, you will probably get v&
>>
>>28398361
I didn't mean specifically, I was referring to physically unhealthy lifestyles. You could probably say the same thing about a lot of medications which are liberally prescribed.
>>
>>28398396
I'm gonna be objective. I will try to just state facts, statistics and draw conclusions. I don't think my school will ban me. They gave me the assignment.
>>
Usually they get beat down by society so much that all that they want to do is blindly slaughter anybody associated with their pain. This works in two ways, the society that rejected them gets killed and they spread the message to others not to harass robots in the future.
>>
>>28398434
As long as you don't glorify it you should be in the clear.
>>
>>28396066
I'd say most of them are suicidal but want a revenge of sorts. (Chris Mercer, Elliot Rodger, Robert Hawkins) Others are seriously into killing everyone who has wronged them. (Seung Hui Cho, George Hennard, Eric&Dylan) most others are just crazies (James Holmes, James Loughner, Kip Kinkel) a few were just depressed chads (Jalen Fryberg and the wisconsin prom shooter a few weeks ago).
Do some research into the more forgotten 90s shooters like Michael Carneal, Barry Loukatis and Luke Woodham.
>>
>>28398808
Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.

What would I look for when researching 90's shooters?

Also, do you have any thought on why this happens so much more frequently in America than in the rest of the world?
>>
>>28398507
This is probably a big reason. But I'll have to figure out why they get beat down so hard by society.
>>
>>28396066
fucking normie! GTFO!

original comment
>>
>>28396066
Countless studies have ruled out violent video games as the cause. I speculate that the reason why school shootings happen is due to a concoction of mental illness, rampant bullying, and the medication these kids have all been taking for their mental illnesses. Now hear me out. So far, I think every single one of the kids that have shot up a school have had mental disorders and were taking medication to combat said mental disorders. Perhaps the medication has something to do with it, maybe since it slightly changes the way these people naturally think it can lead to delusion and confusion, resulting in a school shooting.
>>
You tards don't realize that most of these school shooter fucks were either *the* bullies or were left alone for the most part. They're just assholes.
>>
>>28399633
I understand this but it doesn't mean they didn't hate society and the people at their school. They mat have felt isolated or wronged and this in combination with suicidal thoughts and a bunch of other reasons lead to a school shooting.

All robots aren't bullied either. Some are just ignored or avoided because they are assholes.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.