[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies say we are in control of our lives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why do normies say we are in control of our lives?
>>
Because they are ignorant to the way the world works. They think life is fun and that they're along for the ride, while we struggle and barely manage to keep our heads above water for a life that's barely livable compared to Chad's
>>
>>28395138
Internal and External locus of control
>>
>>28395138
In a way you are. If you're are unhappy with your life but refuse to change that is -your- decision. Your very thoughts and emotions will have a large impact on how you lead your life. In a way you're not as you can be completely fucked over by your environment.
>>
>>28395138
its called a "just world fallacy"
its what conservatives use to blame poor people for being poor.
>>
>>28395275
this desu.
people tend to think this way so long as their life is going good. if for whatever reason you wouldn't have become a robot you would think so too
>>
>>28395275
Fucking this. It's the exact same thought process.
>>
>>28395138
You say something enough and you start to believe it. I am in control, i can do this or..i am a loser, life is pointless etc
>>
>>28395275
>conservatives
well that actually seems to be changing now, with companies shipping more and more jobs overseas and also bringing in cheap foreign labor they've come to find that maybe the dog eats dog world they wanted wasn't in their bests interests.
Basically they were ok with unchecked corporate greed until it started personally affecting them, which is how someone like trump managed to get nominated.
>>
>>28395252
Yeah I just took intro to psych too. Cool class.
>>
>>28395138
Because their thinking is so simple and limited that they can not recognize cause and effect
>>
>>28395275
>its what conservatives use to blame poor people for being poor.

Why do you care about poor people? Most poor people are normies desu. Some are even Chads.
>>
>>28395482
>Most poor people are normies
most non poor people are normies also
by virtue of being the majority
you dumb dumb
>>
>>28395138
JUST world fallacy

studies claim depressed peoples beliefs about things are generally more accurate
>>
>>28395271
>that is -your- decision

Nope, when I'm depressed I simply CANNOT make the same decisions I could when I'm not depressed

I know this for a fact because on days where my depression lessens I can suddenly do much more than I could when I was depressed, my thought pattern changes completely it's like magic.

So saying it's a depressed person's fault that he can't do the things a non-depressed person can do is like saying it's someone with no arms' fault that he can't grab things like a healthy person and that he should just try harder
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.