[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone here tried their hand at electronics or raspberry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1415077645329.jpg (21 KB, 242x269) Image search: [Google]
1415077645329.jpg
21 KB, 242x269
has anyone here tried their hand at electronics or raspberry pi?

as a hobby or professionally
>>
i have a original robosapien from 2004
>>
>>28394640
Are the the actual JLH from years ago i missed you so much i used to imagine us being happy together.
>>
>>28394640

mint condition?

have you made any modifications to it?

can i have it?
>>
Electronics as a hobby is pretty cool but it can get fairly expensive.
You can kill two birds with one stone if you want to do electronics and programming by picking up Arduino, though. Or whatever similar board I'm sure there's tons of them out there now.
>>
File: 1460284060832.jpg (27 KB, 256x307) Image search: [Google]
1460284060832.jpg
27 KB, 256x307
>>28394640
holy fucking shit

>USED TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE

I don't know where it is, or if it even exists anymore. I would like to see it in real life one last time

Nostalgia thread?
>>
File: trapcard.jpg (950 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
trapcard.jpg
950 KB, 1024x766
>>28394670
>arduino
ahahaha you imbecile you've activated my master plan all along

i know its literally step 1 (or 2) but god damn im having a blast.
>>
File: irrepressible.jpg (21 KB, 389x312) Image search: [Google]
irrepressible.jpg
21 KB, 389x312
>>28394762
no you fool you cant do this to meeeee it was mineeee all miiine

sure fine sure nostalgia shit thread
>>
File: 1457793939025.png (592 KB, 623x461) Image search: [Google]
1457793939025.png
592 KB, 623x461
>>28394805
>>28394768

nostalgia thread you say
>>
>>28394768
It's super fun. Buy yourself one of those craft bead storage shelf things though, because you are going to be drowning in components soon and you really are not prepared.
>>
>>28394942
just took apart previous 'project' trying the sound one out for another thread.
>all loose resistors, leds and wires aren't neatly packaged like they came.

well...it happened sooner than expected.
>>
>>28394584
It's generally not a good idea to get a raspi or anything similar just 'cause. First figure out what you want to do, then buy the components you need. For learning the absolute basics of how things work, an arduino starter kit can be useful, but past that, don't just buy things at random. Also buy a soldering station if you're gonna do anything with electronics.
>>
>tfw masters degree in EEE
>tfw build basic machines for work
its fun lads
>>
>study EEE at university
>Design and develop shitty little claw machine
>buy motors and stuff to make it move
>laser cut design, friends with the lab technician so I get it cut for free
>smuganimefag.jpg
>build it and write code so it can pivot and pick things up
>claw doesnt work
>spend an hour trying to find the issue in the code
>eventually give up and rewrite the code
>turns out the servo in the motor is fucked
>disassemble it to remove motor so I can put a new one in when I order it
>never get around to ordering it
>it now sits on my desk in pieces
Fuck
>>
>>28395464
I'm telling you man, and anyone else who wants to do electronics shit. Go to thrift shops and look for the Duplo. The containers that shit comes in are the perfect size to fit 90% of your projects without having to separate any parts and they cost nothing to buy. If you have small relatives or live near a pre-school or something you can just give the lego bits away, but the containers are great.
>>
>>28394584
I have two Raspberry pi's, ones set up as a media server the other I use as a Linux machine to play around with. I'd like to get into more electronics but yeah I've got some RPis
>>
>>28395464
>tfw no current limiting and you burn your servo
haha deal with it
>>
>>28395590
i was looking to move onto that once im comfortable with this.

was it difficult to learn, did you have previous experience in coding that helped you?
>>
Arduino (and most digital electronics) may look cool, but remember: don't neglet analog electronics or it will come and bite your ass later.
>>
>>28395756
i dunno, it's a start...

can i just have this i figured out how to make my beeps sound like the super mario theme
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.