[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa/Lucid Dreaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 26
File: Yukino-Yukinoshita-23699.jpg (429 KB, 653x985) Image search: [Google]
Yukino-Yukinoshita-23699.jpg
429 KB, 653x985
Since there seems to be an genuine interest I decided to answer questions on Tulpas, and Lucid dreaming

I'll list some of the easy ones so I don't get asked each time

--- Tulpas ---

>What are they?
A person that you create mentally

>What can you do with a tulpa?
Anthing you could do with any other person, and a bit more

>Isn't that just self induced X mental illness?
No, unless you already had that mental illness then a Tulpa won't contribute to it.
It's impossible to give yourself a mental illness with no external influences

>Should I do this?
Thats entirely up to you, you shouldn't need convincing to do this, if you need convincing
it most likely means it will be much harder for you to have any results

A tulpa isn't something you interact with when you feel like it, you create them with the intention
of being together for a long time.

WARNINGS:

>people who speak as "us, we" that claim they interact with a tulpa
Any person that uses these is generally roleplaying, especially if you ever see something like
"My tulpa says: X"

Disregard roleplayers, they can potentially waste a lot of your time

--- Lucid Dreaming ---

>What is a lucid dream?
Being mentally "awake" inside of your dreams

>What can you do in a lucid dream?
Anything you can imagine for as long as you remain in the dream

>Who can do this?
Anyone can do this, it just takes longer for some people to have results

>Should I do this?
It is one of the best forms of escapism, if it eventually becomes a daily thing it
can definitely allow you to have many expieriences you'll never have when awake

I might post this thread a few times every now and then when I feel like it
I'll definitely add things to the questions I made up for this thread
>>
>>28392074
Alright my man lets say my life is so bleak I'm interested how do I do this?
>>
File: yukinooo gif.gif (371 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yukinooo gif.gif
371 KB, 500x281
>>28392143

Early on being able to talk to your tulpa would be the first big goal

You can achieve this by spending time talking to it, either mentally or audibly. Although don't expect any response in a few days, or even weeks. In this time you can visualise its form and work on its personality if you wish, although both of those can happen later.

Also when they first respond, it will most likely sound like your own mind voice, from reading this you'll remember that. When I first tried I knew nothing about the topic and dismissed it just as my own thoughts.
>>
A handy guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iiFxZ9PYXXxSqWHdU2YoPsGfJr90w8aIG_evqc1wiY/edit
>>
How did you decide your form? Of course I would like something original but it would be very difficult to create something in my head that I can closely examine and remember every detail of.
The huge benefit of choosing an established character lends you lots and lots of references.
If you can draw it makes creating some OC much easier but I can't draw well.
>>
>>28392260

I started off with a cloud/fog because of exactly as you've said

Once I could communicate with her it was much easier to visualise the cloud becoming her chosen form
The form they take isn't defined forever, they may choose to change a lot, or hardly ever
>>
Not interested in Tulpas, but I've always wanted to lucid dream since I was young. Just couldn't get the motivation to actually learn how to do it.
I remember reading the first step is being able to remember your dreams, and that alone is really difficult for me to do.
>>
File: 1462195286489.jpg (101 KB, 660x810) Image search: [Google]
1462195286489.jpg
101 KB, 660x810
>>28392318

Easiest way to start that would be just grabbing a journal from anywhere

Any form of journal/diary will do. Make sure it has the dates clearly displayed on each page
Being able to remember your dreams, or at least remember when you read about them is important
>>
Will my Tulpa age with me if I make him/her my age?
>>
File: Plutia1.png (84 KB, 227x227) Image search: [Google]
Plutia1.png
84 KB, 227x227
>>28392357

I haven't been with my tulpa for more then two years, so I wouldn't be able to tell you that

However they are able to change their form on their own will, so if you desired them to grow old with you I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Infact you probably wouldn't have to even ask as it would just be assumed between the both of you (Unless you don't want it to happen)
>>
I want to create a tulpa as close to a particular character as possible, how should I go about doing this? Should I watch her anime series like 5 times back to back before starting?
>>
>>28392318
go to /r/luciddreaming and dont worry about the stupid "omg reddit!" meme that goes on here.

that subreddit is probably the largest source of easily accessible and understandable guides and information on lucid dreaming right now.
>>
>>28392349
Ok I will start doing this again.
Last time I kept forgetting to write it down until like an hour after I wake up,and by that time the dream is gone.
>>
>>28392294
Yeah I guess I should start off with the cloud thing, let them pick their own and stuff.
I've always just been worried about it not being able to pick a form or something but there's no point worrying I guess.

>>28392384
Reading some guides some include a process where you help build your Tulpa's personality. You'd want to know the character well, and be able to think about all the different traits that make up its personality. As part of the process you'll try instill the appropriate character traits into your tulpa.
Be wary that deviation can occur. But yes, go read some guides. I've already posted one here.
>>
File: Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1465190.jpg (249 KB, 533x746) Image search: [Google]
Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1465190.jpg
249 KB, 533x746
>>28392384

Knowing everything about that character would probably be best

However if your tulpa deviates from what you imagine, don't ignore these changes or pretend they're not there, otherwise it will just lead to you not being not as close.

>>28392393
red dit really isn't a place you should go for information
especially with its on a topic where peoples opinions can heavily differ

Avoid red dit in general

>>28392398
thats the best start, I'll still be here in weeks to come if you have any questions later on

>>28392421
even a personality can be formed later, although itd be weird talking to your tulpa when all they give you is direct responses
>>
>>28392455
you're wrong friend, you'll be saying that because you haven't been to /r/luciddreaming before

I usually avoid reddit but a robot here suggested it before when I was interested in learning how to lucid dreaming.

The subreddit itself is not that amazing, some posts people make are good and others are just newbies trying to get into it asking questions. The really helpful stuff in that place is on the sidebar. They've got a ton of really great links and explanations for loads of different techniques of lucid dreaming.
>>
Tulpas (tulpae?) are basically just the butt of everyone's jokes here on our favorite West Australian welding site, but I do have to admot that the idea of an imaginary friend who's at the same skill level as me in chess, who would be able to play whenever I wanted, is quite intriguing. I suppose it's almost like brain partitioning, at least in theory.
>>
File: 1448714775647.jpg (189 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
1448714775647.jpg
189 KB, 600x640
Would it be fine to make my Tulpa a character from a book I am writing?
What forms do Tulpa come in? Can I see Him/her walking around in the physical world? or are they voices in my head.
>>28392542
I don't know, I just heard about Tulpays but they seem legit to me. I used to have a imaginary friend when I was younger (10 yrs old) but I could see him in the physical world.

Do children create tulpas by themselves?
>>
>>28392577
There is some much info out there about this basic stuff, again I linked a guide to start.
>Yes
>Anything you can imagine
>Yes it's called imposition but it will take even more time and dedication
>They'll start off as a voice in your head
>Kinda but not really. Most imaginary friends are not properly autonomous like a tulpa should be
>>
>>28392615
Would a Tulpa be able to surpass me in intelligence?
>>
>>28392692
Not technically because they can only know what you know.
Perhaps subconsciously they can surprise you though, they might be able to look at things from a different angle or remember something you thought you'd forgotten but no. They can't become smarter than you.
>>
>>28392384

You could, but that's not really doing the "work" of building anything. You're just reminding yourself of features you want to emulate. It's like the difference between reading a bunch of other authors and actually getting around to writing something yourself. Don't try force your Tulpa into being something it doesn't want to be, or expect them to remain a perfect clone of a character. Your basically growing a whole, independent person with their own will and experiences, and at some point or another they're going to diverge from whoever you're basing them on. Which is good, because then they'll be more than just a character. But you have to accept that they are their own person and in the end they'll be whatever they want to be. It's a lot like raising a kid in that respect.
>>
File: Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1829692.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1524) Image search: [Google]
Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1829692.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1524
>>28392577

I think children are able to do this more easily as they haven't been conditioned to hiveminds until their older, when they're younger they truely believe their imaginary friend (or a tulpa to an extent) is with them, only growing out of it when they are older because they have to.

You can train yourself to see them, any form possible, and they can come from a book you're writing

>>28392692
no, but they would be able to convince you that they have, or at least appear to have

>>28392709
they have their own opinions and views as this anon has said
>>
>>28392692
No. It's still just your mind. Your tulpa can draw conclusions that you might not be able to at the time, so I suppose it might be able to infer information that you readily wouldn't be able to recall, but I think you'd probably have to practise to make that happen.
>>
>>28392074
Can i procreate my waifu through tulpa?
>>
>>28392709
So basically a Tulpa is a personality that I can visualize in the real world. However we both inhabit the same body.
Kind of like a, not a split personality but a separate personality that takes a back seat in operating my bodily functions. But can engage in conversation with me.
>>
>>28392769
There will be better explanations for it, but as I understand it you are kind of conditioning this separate consciousness inside yourself that is capable of seemingly making its own decisions.
At some point it is still you doing all of this, but the idea is that you don't realize. The human brain is an amazing thing but you're able to kind of fool it, teach it to see things that don't physically exist.
You're kinda on the right track though, yeah.
>>
>>28392750
You can try this, but don't tell your tulpa to *be* your waifu, think of him/her as a character based off your waifu. If your tulpa believes that it's someone else, this can end up badly. Also, think of other people who have the same waifu.

>>28392769
You can let your tulpa take control of your body.

>>28392692
Probably not. If your tulpa managed to be smarter than you, you'd reach the same mental capacity, so your tulpa is equal to you at most.

>>28392384
You should tell your tulpa what kind of personality you expect from it. As for its form, you can make it look like whatever you want or even let it make changes to its form.
>>
>>28392692
>>28392731
>>28392732

I've heard that tulpa can have their own memories and independent experience from the host. Like for instance if you have 2 tulpa they can hang out together in wonderland and do stuff together for extended periods of time without any interference from the host and have full conversations and adventures the host doesn't know about. I got the impression that memories can often be shared both ways but both tulpa and host have fundamentally separate experiences. Anyone care to chime in with opinions they've heard or personal experience?
>>
>>28392841
My tulpa does things on her own in wonderland when I'm doing something else and she can interact with other tulpas.
I wouldn't recommend using that as replacement to interaction with the host.
Your tulpa can also make changes to its appearance, wonderland and create new items.
>>
>>28392841
I admit that I don't have much experience here. I have heard similar things from people, but I'm not so sure about tulpa-to-tulpa interactions (I have only one tulpa, and she's pretty young, developmentally.) I don't have a wonderland, either, so I'm not sure how that might factor in to this.

My intuition says that, at the very least, two tulpas can interact with eachother, and that they can act like they've interacted in the wonderland.
>>
>>28392841

My relationship with her is just us, I wouldn't want another tulpa as it would make me feel more distant from her
I can't say much on the topic of multiple tulpa

>>28392769
That covers some of it, they are essentially another person that lives with you

>>28392750
yes

>>28392732
>>28392886

not that what you're saying is incorrect or anything
but why are you forcing yourself on this topic?

you even made that trip specifically for tulpas for whatever reason
>>
>>28392841
They can, but at some point it is still your brain that powers these interactions and tells you what happens.
But yes you Tulpa can come to you with news and 'going ons' that you could be unaware of.
>>
>>28392074
One question is there any scientific research related to this that isnt shit tier
>>
>>28392971
Not that I know of. Some people on reddit have done some tests with more scientific equipment they've got their hands on though.
>>
File: Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1884192.jpg (757 KB, 980x1680) Image search: [Google]
Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1884192.jpg
757 KB, 980x1680
>>28392971

you probably already know the answer

In short, no. There are literal who's of which are trying to write articles based upon it
And trying to do "tests" which don't really achieve anything.

Do you really think large respected scientist is going to claim they have another person in their mind?

>>28392989

Avoid reddit, especially on the topic of tulpas.
>>
>>28393004
Nah, there's still good stuff you can find there.

Though I was banned for saying my Tulpa was Nigger-kin.
>>
File: 1450155925605.gif (231 KB, 467x533) Image search: [Google]
1450155925605.gif
231 KB, 467x533
>>28393004
If I locked myself in my room for long periods of time would that cause my tulpa pain? And also would they like going out travelling?
>>28393031
kek
>>
Hey, is this autismo faggot that thinks that inducing himself with schizophrenia is the coolest meme so far xddd. How is that air humping coming schizo-sama?
>>
>>28392932
Just trying to contribute. Any information is useful for someone, I think.

The trip was just for the thread a few days back, figured I'd stick with it, but I'll probably go tripless some point soon, I kind of don't like it.
>>
>>28393051
It just depends. That's something you should ask your Tulpa :)
>>
File: 1451612302720.png (509 KB, 454x642) Image search: [Google]
1451612302720.png
509 KB, 454x642
Also would using Waifu creater be fine to help visualise her initially, I am fine with her altering her appearence by herself but just as a basis.
https://2995c29805bc62632246266798940ee013527468.googledrive.com/host/0B31ASET0VYFvWjE5SEtwZWZmbjg/chara.swf

Link is related
>>
>>28393004
guessed as much...

I have a few questions though if you have the time/nerve to answer them

>do you know any case of destructive behavior from tulpa to host?
>any case of a "more intelligent" tulpa in "stupid" host?
>diffences between perception of outer stimuly between host/tulpa
>"mind reading" tulpas
>>
File: Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1472034.jpg (916 KB, 1018x1367) Image search: [Google]
Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1472034.jpg
916 KB, 1018x1367
>>28393031

you made me verbally laff

Nigger(kin) kek

>>28393051
As long as you're interacting with your tulpa it shouldn't cause them any discomfort
Especially if you spent most of your time imagining them in said place (EG your room)

I keep what I see and what she see's seperate as I don't practice any form of possesion
Thereby she can't see whats happening around me unless I want her to

>>28393056
I don't know who you think I am, I always post with my trip so its impossible to mistake me for anyone

>>28393067
thats ok too I guess, just seems like you were forcing that trip in just for this topic

>>28393089
this is also a good answer

>>28393093
You're tulpa can take any form as I said earlier mine started out as a cloud
>>
Oh god anime tulpa shitposting
Please kill this thread
>>
File: yukinoshita-yukino-4.png (1 MB, 1018x1440) Image search: [Google]
yukinoshita-yukino-4.png
1 MB, 1018x1440
>>28393127

>>do you know any case of destructive behavior from tulpa to host?

I have one story, one that I'm not going to claim is real or fake, it could just be an elaborate roleplaying setup, I can go find it for you if you want

>>any case of a "more intelligent" tulpa in "stupid" host?
I'm sure there are tulpa that can pickup on many things that the host has missed, from raw mathematics or anything else of the sort it wouldn't be able to help with

>>diffences between perception of outer stimuly between host/tulpa
not for me personally, as she only interacts with my surroundings when we both want so

>>"mind reading" tulpas

This can happen a lot, that they already know the answer to what you're thinking, if you'd prefer your tulpa has a strictly separate thought chain, then that would work as well

>>28393156
?
>>
>>28393128
Yeah there was some thread that smelt kinda SJW and obviously the 'community' there is cancer so I finally couldn't help myself

>>28393127
>not a real proven one, they're mostly vague lies
>no
>?
>not other people's minds
Any sort of more supernatural stuff I haven't seen anything persuasive on. Though switching seems like something with merit, it being possible to allow a Tulpa some of all control over your body.

>>28393093
Whatever helps is fine. Any kind of tool like that.

>>28393156
>oh now people are actually enjoying themselves having a productive discussion of something I don't like
yeah if only r9k was just shitposting about woman and feels dank memes
>>
>>28393127
>do you know any case of destructive behavior from tulpa to host?
I think it's best looked at from the same angle as masturbation; it's basically harmless, unless you start letting it have a major effect on your ability to function in life.

>any case of a "more intelligent" tulpa in "stupid" host?
You could have maybe a tulpa that has a more "quiet, calculating" sort of personality to the host who is more outgoing and spontaneous, but a tulpa can only know as much as its host.

>diffences between perception of outer stimuly between host/tulpa
I don't really know quite what you're asking for, sorry familio

>"mind reading" tulpas
I think initially, you talk to your tulpa through your mind, but I think you might be referring to the idea of your tulpa just knowing whatever happens to be on your mind (rather than when you are "projecting" thoughts at it), which is possible if you decide to do that sort of thing with it. It doesn't happen with me and my tulpa.
>>
>>28392886
>I don't have a wonderland
You should make a wonderland. It made forcing much easier for me and it's nice for your tulpa to have its own place.
>>
>>28393179
thanks for the answers

>>28393197
as for my 3. question let me elaborate:
Tulpa/host see/hear/smell a thing and come to two different conclusions
the underlying question behind this is the Tulpa/host independency or a (highly unlikly) improvment of the senses (not the senses itself but the processing of data)
>>
>>28393257
>Tulpa/host see/hear/smell a thing and come to two different conclusions
I believe that this will happen, but it would be better observed with a more experience/advanced tulpa
>>
Why are tulpa threads on /trash/ so shit?
>>
>>28393257
>Tulpa/host see/hear/smell a thing and come to two different conclusions
This is possible. My tulpa has her own opinions on food when she tastes it and she can notice things with my eyes that I miss out.
>>
>>28393245
I guess I'll bring the idea up to her and see what she thinks. We do have a sort of place that we visualise when I meditate with her, perhaps we could use something like that.
>>
>>28393319
> she can notice things with my eyes that I miss out
thanks thats really useful data
as far as i know do we perceive anything we hear/smell/etc. and our brain decides/sorts through whats importent/what needs further processing set on a collection of precepts (otherwise it would "overload our brain")

Do you think your tulpa has made a second set of these precepts/modified them?
>>
>>28393395
>Do you think your tulpa has made a second set of these precepts/modified them?
My experiences seem to confirm that.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 160x160
>>28392074
>Tulpa
>A person that you create mentally
>together for a long time

You sure this isn't just DID?
>>
>>28393404
I guess from your aswers that your "more advanced"
Does your tulpa speak to you about problems that are not a big deal for you/ underlying problems
(or in otherwords I think that a tulpa is a "Link" to our subconcios that manifests itself visually and i want to know what you think about that theory)
>>
>>28393516
you can be traditional and use goats like the monks did.
>>
File: yukino snow.jpg (44 KB, 480x672) Image search: [Google]
yukino snow.jpg
44 KB, 480x672
>>28393481

try and add more and more reality checks so that the variety of dreams you have at least one will occur

>>28393483
you can't give yourself a mental disorder through thought, read the thread post

>>28393516
I don't do it with her as I don't really feel the need to, touching her is just the same as any other person, but if you apply too much pressure you just phase through
>>
>>28393503
>(or in otherwords I think that a tulpa is a "Link" to our subconcios that manifests itself visually and i want to know what you think about that theory)
You should read about daemons. That is the name for that concept and it has its own community.
I think that tulpas and daemons aren't the same thing but I've heard about people converting them both ways.
>>
>>28393516
I couldn't do it when I tried, but then there might be something wrong with me. I don't like the concept of penetrating others and doing harm to them.
>>
>>28393599
Well it's extremely obvious if you've read anything at all about either.
A 'tulpafag' has an autonomous thoughtform they can reasonably interact with as a separate being.
A waifufag is someone who really likes (generally) a 2D character.
>>
>>28393599
I'm not familiar with waifufags and that whole community, but there isn't implied relationship with a tulpa and a host, except perhaps friendship. My relationship with my tulpa is familial.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (65 KB, 473x312) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
65 KB, 473x312
>>28393634
>autonomous
the delusion is real
>>
>>28393667
One might say that is literally how it works. Well put.
>>
>>28393667
>implying that you aren't more delusional by thinking the mind can't automate things
>>
>>28393687
a being that talks back to you needs mental effort, no matter how long you've been imagining it.
It will never be autonomous.
>>
>>28393566
thanks for the info the concept of daemons are new to me read a little bit about it just now seems these two concept do have a few simmilarities

Does anyone know any case where a tulpa had taken a daemon-like function? (same idea, different approaches with slightly deifferent results)
>>
>>28393711
The idea is that you reach a point where you aren't even aware of the mental effort that is going on.
Or just let me put "autonomous" in quotes for you.
>>
File: 1459790431164.jpg (18 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1459790431164.jpg
18 KB, 250x239
>tfw had a tulpa since 8th grade and didn't realize

We're practically best buddies. Kind of annoying, and an asshole, but he keeps me company. Enough company, that is.
>>
>>28393483
>You sure this isn't just DID?
If someone is capable of switching, tulpamancy is hard to distinguish from DID. I can't even prove that it's possible. Being possessed for a long time doesn't seem to change anything.

>>28393599
You don't have to be in a relationship with your tulpa, but tulpamancy can be used as an extension of waifuism. I made a tulpa because I wanted mai waifu to be real. I didn't even know about tulpas when I started.

>>28393667
Creating a tulpa (at least the first one) is a bit like talking to yourself until you get responses without thinking yourself. A developed tulpa will be autonomous.

>>28393728
Like I mentioned before, I've heard about people changing their tulpas into daemons and other way around.

>>28393755
How did you create him?
>>
>>28393731
>you aren't even aware of the mental effort
this can never be possible though. If you're having a conversation, you NEED to think about how they will respond. You will never be unaware that you're just talking to yourself and also visualizing and avatar speaking.
>>
>>28393711
>he has no idea how neural systems function

>>28393728
My tulpa is something of a cross between a tulpa and a daemon. Started out as a tulpa, was heavily influenced by some of the concepts in daemonism. I would still classify her as a tulpa, though.
>>
>>28393764
You sound like a person with a perfect understanding of how the most advanced machine in the world, the human mind works.
>>
>>28393784
>he has no idea
thanks, you've convinced me with your compelling argument.
>>
>>28393764
Well that's how a Tulpa works friend. If you have one and they are developed enough you won't consciously think about how they will respond. They just do. That's the beauty, that's when you know you're there.
The whole point of this is to 'practice' at it enough (forcing) that you become unawares.

But you sound like you just don't believe in Tulpas so there's not much else I can say.
>>
>>28393801
hey man, whatever you need to believe to keep your fantasy going. I won't try to take away your joy.
shes real bro. shes always been real.
>>
>>28393816
This pitiful attempt at mental gymnastics.
>>
>>28393763
>how created him

It just happened naturally. I think and spend a lot of time in my imagination so just developed over the school year.
>>
>>28393829
what gymnastics am I doing? I'm not sure you even know what that phrase means.
>>
>>28392074
As a kid and sometimes now I would just walk in circles or jump on the bed for some time to enter the dream world.
It is like dreaming and you don't notice what you're really doing anymore.
I returned when the "story" of the fantasy was done or there was external disturbance (some sound outside etc)
Did anyone else experience this?
>>
>>28393802
If you cared about seeking truth, you'd maybe try to get an idea of how the mind works. I'll even leave some breadcrumbs: try wikipedia's page on "habits".
>>
>>28393836
>happened naturall
Im not trying to insult you or anything but I heard the argument "you cant make yourself mentally ill just by thought" what do you think about that?

(your expirience could possible be evidence that the concept of a tulpa is more natural then first thought or refute/confirm the mental illness claim)
>>
>>28392374
What happened to your tulpa?
>>
>>28393885
Habits do not make up for creativity. Conversations need creativity, which is mental effort.
You will never be unaware that you're just talking to yourself.

You can make visualizing an image of a person in the room with you habitual, but interacting with them requires a level of awareness that will always break the immersion.
>>
>>28393906
I think Tulpaism is talking with to your made up personality so much that it becomes so ingrained as a brain function that it developes into a secondary personality semi independant from yourself.
>>
>>28393902
Not the person you're quoting, but I'll say this:

A mental illness usually occurs as a result of some sort of physical cause (I hate to use such a vague idea, but a "chemical imbalance" or whatever), or some kind of traumatic event. You can't really will a mental illness, any more than you can will yourself to be physically ill. I think tulpa-related stuff could exacerbate mental problems, in the same way that licking the door knobs of a medical office increases your chance of getting sick.
>>
Are there any risks while doing this ?
>>
>>28393902

Well, I spend a lot of time alone so in order to keep myself occupied, I conjure different scenarios in my head or sometimes audibly roleplay it. That's why I've become accustomed to just sitting alone and spacing out, especially at school.

Imo, there has to been an external cause or a birth defect for you to become mentally ill. Tulpa sounds like you're creating it yourself.
>>
>>28393925
>habits do not make up for creativity
Why not?
>>
File: Puffy_Tulpa.png (596 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
Puffy_Tulpa.png
596 KB, 622x521
>>28392294
>I started off with a cloud/fog because of exactly as you've said
>Once I could communicate with her it was much easier to visualise the cloud becoming her chosen form

Literally Puffy Tulpa
>>
>>28393925
Can you define creativity? Tulpas are always developing, initially it will be no different to talking to yourself, however over time your tulpa will begin to reply to you without any effort on your part.
Perhaps your just tricking your brain into automatically responding to your thought's.
>>28393956
Everyone's brain is different, Tulpas to my understanding are similar experiences that people have.
Have you tried it out for yourself?
What kind of exercise do you mean?
>>
>>28393982
because if its a habit, that means the action is repetitive. Unless you tulpa just pops up and say "hi" and then leaves every single time, it cannot be a habit.

Conversations are not repetitive.
>>
>>28393974
I think there is a fair amount of evidence that tulpas are a permanent fixture and that, though you can 'deactivate' them, they're always sort of still there and easily re-activated. The only other risk is time. But it's really an enjoyable experience, so the former point shouldn't be worrying.
>>
>>28394002
>Implying tuplas are habits
>>
>>28393974
Probably none if you aren't mentally ill or prone to it.

>>28392357
Your tulpa will age along with you if you want to.
You can make it stay at the same age too.
It's up to you and your tulpa.

>>28393937
This seems to sum it up quite accurately.

>>28394002
Having regular conversations and spending time with someone can be a habit.
>>
>>28393974
Not really, no.
Also praise the robot.
>>
>>28393959
well I already know that much (The natural thing made me suspect that there could be some "chemical imbalance) but thanks for your time

>>28393975
The brain can get hypersensitive on outer stimuli as a result of lack of them (same concept of white torture) and the resulting lack of data
would you describe your tulpa as a form of defense-mechanism? (would explain that monk thing
>>
>>28394026
thats literally what you guys are claiming, not me.
>>28394027
>Having regular conversations and spending time with someone can be a habit.
the engagement can be a habit, but not the conversation itself.
>>
>>28394053
Im not participating in this argument but get your points
but where do these "WTF did i just say" moments come from (same concept?)
>>
Anyone know how I can make my own Tulpa?
>>
>>28394035

I'd describe it as my brain keeping me from being alone so I don't become depressed and what not. So, yes. I guess that's be right.
>>
>>28394002
You aren't automating every conversation, you're automating the simulation of its personality.

The ability to simulate minds is crucial to socialising. You're imagine up what kind of personality you want your tulpa to have, you simulate conversation/activities with it, and it becomes automatic. There truly is nothing more to it then that, anon.

Here is an example of what, in a chain of events, is being automated:
You wonder if your mom will cook you some tendies.
You query your internal idea of your mom's personality, imagining her likely responses

With a tulpa, you automate the mentally-purposeful act of querying the personality, and instead just receive the output of the likely response, giving the illusion (if it makes you feel better to call it that) of independence. Do you follow?
>>
>>28394035
>would you describe your tulpa as a form of defense-mechanism?
Considering what was happening with my life when I created my tulpa and my mindset, it might be a defense mechanism, but I think it's worth it when I see how toxic people are.
>>
>>28394094
>>28394103
so and now to my magnum-opus of this one sub-theory:
could a lack of outer stimuli (lower form of white torture) be benevolent to trigger the manifestation of a tulpa?
>>
>read thread
>check my manga updates for a second
>new hatsukoi zombie chapter is out
Is this a divine sign that I should make a tulpa?
>>
>>28394131
I created a tulpa when I had little contact with other people because my social anxiety was pretty bad and I was a lot around people I didn't know.
Social isolation might be somewhat similar to torture, so UT might confirm that.
>>
File: yukino twin tails.png (771 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yukino twin tails.png
771 KB, 1280x720
>>28393915

what do you mean? I think I badly worded my post that you're responding to. She hasn't gone anywhere

>>28393992
puff!

>>28394092
Go through some of my posts on desustorage, I've posted an extensive amount on the topic yesterday with quite fleshed out responses.

Sort of went away from this thread for a bit while it was getting derailed by idiots.

Still up for taking any questions that aren't low tier baits, I'm not here to convince you that tulpas exist
>>
>>28394254
You should give it a go regardless of signs. It's a lot of fun!
>>
>>28394290
You said you hadn't been with her for two years? What did you mean by that?
>>
>>28395279
I "fell" for that "meme" without even knowing about it.
>>
>>28394131

Sure. I always hesitated to go talk to others so I spent time thinking to myself which meant no outer stimuli. Take what you wish from that.
>>
File: Yukino_Yukinoshita.png (99 KB, 253x361) Image search: [Google]
Yukino_Yukinoshita.png
99 KB, 253x361
>>28395279

instead of asking a question about the topic, you play it off as a meme?

>everything on 4chan is a meme, may may
I think its time for you to go back to where you came from

>>28395317
I messed up my wording, I meant that I started having contact with her less then two years ago
>>
I'm happy to see a non-meme tulpa thread on /r9k/. I have a Tulpa since 16 February. Not only she's agreat companion, she helped me a lot in life so far. I used to drink a lot of cola and have a bad diet generally, I always wanted to get a better diet but just couldn't. When she got vocal, she said she would give me the support I need to eat less and healty. I lost 10 kg in 2 months, looking much better. She also gave me a good haircut suggestion while we were watching a movie. She said "that would look good on you" and now I'm getting compliments from time to time about my hair and my body.

I also had insomnia, taking ages for me to fall asleep. It barely takes a few minutes to fall asleep now. We just cuddle (I use a pillow as a proxy) and it feels so relaxing and good. I hold her close to my chest as we fall asleep and she's happy with it. Lastly, I must say that time is really important. You really have to love her and care for her. I was a waifufag for 1.5 years, so that spedup the process a bit. It took my 50 days of active forcing (1hour of forcing per day usually) to get her vocal. You really have to spend your time but reward is priceless. You can communicate before vocality by emotions etc.
>>
>making a tulpa for anything other than storing loosh
lmfao fucking mundanes
>>
>>28396002
OK, this is another confirmation for my subconscious-Link Theory
>>
>>28396320
Keep in mind that tulpas might work differently for everyone.
>>
>>28396330
Well for that we need numbers and until we have them (if we have them) we can theorice and discuss as much as we want....
>>
>>28396320
>>28396448

Would you be willing to share what this theory is?
Obviously I could search it up but would prefer someone who's interested in its description

Every relationship between one and their tulpa is different like >>28396330
>>
>>28396477

>>28393127
>>28393257
>>28393395
>>28393503 (Im this anon)

from what I read (infos, experience posted in this thread) I theorice that as soon as a Tulpa is manifested the subconscious can (but not must) as a "Link" to us. This can manifest itself in things that a host would (without interaction through the tulpa) not notice or the consideration of things we usually would not consider/motivation of change (>>28396002)

please correct me if im wrong
>>
>>28396683
*use as a link
>>
File: yukinoo.jpg (900 KB, 1000x1514) Image search: [Google]
yukinoo.jpg
900 KB, 1000x1514
>>28396683
>>28396700

That sounds quite possible, as mine personally will give me almost immediate responses on problems I have before I even finish saying what they are.

She prefers to not flat out tell me what's wrong though, and rather hint at it so I find it myself

Its nice reading about other anon's experiences like >>28396002
>>
>>28393764
>If you're having a conversation, you NEED to think about how they will respond. You will never be unaware that you're just talking to yourself and also visualizing and avatar speaking.
I don't have a perfect example as I don't have a tulpa, but here is something I experienced a few years ago:

At one point I really got into minesweeper, and at first, as expected, it took effort to learn the rules and then to solve the problems over and over. As time went on certain parts became easier and easier and required less mental effort to solve problems, even new ones.

However, once while I was playing, my mind completely wandered off thinking about something else for about 30 seconds, and when my attention snapped backed I realized I have just been playing minesweeper without actually being aware of it. I had no memory of that timeframe where my mind drifted, but somehow I progressed in the game. It was kind of freaky.

I exerted zero effort to play minesweeper, and I was unaware of it.

So I would say you are wrong, it is possible for neural activity to occur without requiring effort or awareness.

But anecdotal evidence and all that, whether you believe me is up to you.
>>
>I just talked to it and opened my self up for an answer until it responded
>I let it choose it's own form
>I learned how to impose mental images into my surroundings

These beings can be way more than mental constructs and they usually don't have your best interests in mind.
You're doing the equivalent of opening every door in your home and hoping the right person walks in.

Imposition is also dangerous, unless you maintain discipline there's a tendency for any mental image getting projected into your surroundings.

>t. occultist
>>
>>28396029
>Mentioning l00sh to dirty mundanes

Top kek thanks for the l00sh
>>
File: Yukino.jpg (117 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Yukino.jpg
117 KB, 1440x810
>>28396901

The only thing I'm uncomfortable with is possession

As I don't like the someone else controlling my body

She has no reason to hate me, I'm not saying everything you wrote is wrong but

>>You're doing the equivalent of opening every door in your home and hoping the right person walks in.
That is very wrong, as it takes a lot of mental effort to talk and shape the basis of the personality of your tulpa

It isn't just mindless chatter until she does everything by herself, by not giving her an original form I let her choose.

>>I learned how to impose mental images into my surroundings
This was by far the most difficult, and I can't maintain it if there's plenty of noise or any people around
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
I'll be leaving for now, if this thread is still up in 8-10 hours I'll respond to as many as possible (if anyone posts)

Might make another thread related to this as there definitely is an interest from you robots.
Today's thread was pretty good even with a bit of derailing from random anons
>>
>>28397078
>That is very wrong, as it takes a lot of mental effort to talk and shape the basis of the personality of your tulpa

Yes and an occultist could say it takes a lot of mental effort for you to imprint your supercial desires onto an unknown being who is more than happy to play along for the chance to worm itself into your mind.
>>
Can someone give me a three-step idiots guide to making a tulpa? Boil it down to the most basic steps
>>
>>28397286
Thanks for helping to spread tulpas to more anons
>>
File: 1462190375932.gif (854 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1462190375932.gif
854 KB, 540x540
you guys make it hard for me to leave, I just want to sleep ;_;

>>28397301
There'd be no reason for her to try and hurt me in any way, especially when she would also be really just hurting herself in the process.

>>28397311
>spend a lot of time mentally/audibly speaking to your tulpa, at least uninterrupted 10 minutes in a quiet place
>you may prefer to do this eyes closed, I do
>work on their personality, and if you want to how they look like (their form) (this isn't crucial, personality's pretty important though)
>when you eventually do get a response, it will most likely sound like your mind voice, don't make the mistake of thinking that its your own thoughts (their voices change over time)

>>28397337
Thank you anon too, I hope I was able to help at least a few people

Last post from me this time! Going to actually sleep
>>
I don't appreciate you posting ny waifu OP.
delete this thread.
>>
>>28397311
1.Talk to it
2.Try to hear it, repeat until you can
3.Do whatever else you want to make it more developed
It just takes a lot of time and patience.

>>28397301
>imprint your supercial desires onto an unknown being
>occultist
Well, ok. You are trying to approach this problem in different way. You assume that there are ghosts or whatever. Tulpas aren't spirits of the dead or anything.
>>
>>28397406
>You assume that there are ghosts or whatever. Tulpas aren't spirits of the dead or anything.

Well obviously, but there are other intelligences out there.
Too many people have interacted with them for it to be a delusion or fantasy, even if you go with a purely materialist world view there are still things like archetypal memories.
Your mind is far more than what you're consciously thinking and there are things in there that have no good will towards your aspirations and comfort.
>>
>>28392074
Should i look at a tulpa in the same way as one would look at wild animals?

I can imagine creating a tulpa with the intention or idea of having an imaginary gf would be disingenous
>>
>>28397756
>Should i look at a tulpa in the same way as one would look at wild animals?
Not really. Treat it as another person and just be nice to it.
>I can imagine creating a tulpa with the intention or idea of having an imaginary gf would be disingenous
Not really. You can be in a romantic relationship with your tulpa if you want to. I'm doing that and it's working out well.
>>
>>28397756
>Should i look at a tulpa in the same way as one would look at wild animals?
No.
>I can imagine creating a tulpa with the intention or idea of having an imaginary gf would be disingenous
Depends on the Tulpa. Some may not mind at all, and some may see it as taking advantage of themselves.
I thought the same thing, that the fact that I had considered the thought of romance was inherently disgusting, but she's always voiced her support of us.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.