[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/, what do you do when a friend of yours suffers a tragedy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1431636898652.jpg (497 KB, 1403x969) Image search: [Google]
1431636898652.jpg
497 KB, 1403x969
Hey /r9k/, what do you do when a friend of yours suffers a tragedy? Like when someones mum dies. What the fuck are you supposed to say to that? Nothing you say could make it better.

Pic unrelated
>>
Generally keep it brief, you aren't going to say anything that will make it better. They don't need anyone to help them, just the feeling of not being alone in this.
'I'm so sorry about x' 'That's unfortunate' 'I'm here for you'
A respectful tone as well. Afterwards give a second or two for them to gather their feelings before saying anything more
>>
Most people just say something like "Sorry for your loss".
>>
>>28391450
"Shit. I'm so sorry x happened, never hesitate if you need to talk or need me for anything."

Something like that? From what I've heard people often want you to keep acting more or less normal after that, in order to see that not everything has changed. That some things are just everyday things as usual.
>>
>>28391514
>>28391519
>>28391548
Thank you for your advice anons.
>>
Actions speak louder than words. Be there for your friend.

Spend time with them. What they need now is feeling the passage of time.

I have had some really terrible shit happen to me, everybody says sorry, and it means jack shit. The people that got me out of the house and went on hikes, invited me to get togethers, let me come over and hang out when there wasn't really a reason to (because I didn't want to be alone). I remember that.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.