[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friends are a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1448365966012.jpg (25 KB, 452x548) Image search: [Google]
1448365966012.jpg
25 KB, 452x548
"friends" aren't real, prove me wrong.

What people call their friends are people they hang around with, drinking coffee, drinking alcohol, partying, holidaying, doing hobbies and activities with and whatever, to stave off loneliness and boredom and forfill the animal need for social interaction and company.

What a friend is supposed to be is a person who you form an altruistic connection and bond with, who accepts you for who you are, and actually wants to spend time with you because you're you.

In reality, people don't care about each other in this way and only care about what they can get out of other people, the entertainment they can get out of spending time with other people, the boredom and loneliness they can stave off from spending time with other people, and the sense of security and self esteem they get from having "friends'". And most of all, people don't accept other people for who they are, they only care about other people's use value to society and their social status, and they reject and judge people for any vulnerabilities or shortcomings. People are ruthless, cruel and heartless to people who don't have enough use value, or who are deemed too vulnerable or inadequate, even their friends.
>>
I think you're just projecting. My friend and I just hang out and fuck around all day.
>>
>>28390703

That's exactly what I'm saying. Your friend doesn't really care about you, he's using you. He's secretly judging you as ruthlessly as anybody would.
>>
>>28390779
No, he really isn't. The problem is that you're just incredibly judgemental, so you think everyone else is too. Not all people are like that. Not everyone cares about flaws as much as you do.
>>
>>28390878

I'm not judgemental at all and don't care about flaws, thats why I notice how judgemental other people are and how ruthless they are about vulnerabilities and flaws.

I had a very close friend like you're describing for nearly 10 years, he seemed exactly like what I described in the OP as what a friend is supposed to be. We used to hang out and fuck around all day too. He acted completely non-judgemental and accepting, but the masks come down eventually anon, its all bullshit. Everyone is insecure and judgemental about their own vulnerabilities and flaws, so they're just as judgemental about everyone else including their closest friends. And they are insecure about being associated with people who they deem too vulnerable, flawed and inadequate. They just use their friends and rely on them, relationships are give and take as they say. Your friends will desert you if they feel like they don't need you and they can have better people to be "friends" with, people who will boost their self esteem and security by association
>>
File: 1462476487585.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1462476487585.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>>28390663
Good friends are really rare that's all. I happen to have 3 really good friends. We never had a fight in 14 years. They are the kind of friends that I can call in the middle of the night and they will show up to help me. They are my family. It might be to late for you tho, a bond like this form most of the time when you knew them from early childhood...
>>
OP just had shitty friends /thread
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.