[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I just not show up for work tomorrow? I started working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 0772 - an2CNsT.jpg (12 KB, 403x195) Image search: [Google]
0772 - an2CNsT.jpg
12 KB, 403x195
Should I just not show up for work tomorrow?

I started working fast food as my first job and I can't take it anymore. It's been four months and I'm dreading tomorrow. Today was stressful as fuck and I got bitched out by my manager over stupid bullshit and then talked down to by my coworker.

This shit is making me angry as fuck and pissy over the littlest of shit now. I can't even play a video game without getting extremely angry at shit in it because of what this job is doing to me.

I don't even NEED the money. I don't have any bills or insurance to pay. I'm just doing it because I like having some money, but I'm not barely getting shit out of this but pain and misery.

I WOULD put in a two week notice or a one week notice, but I'm too nervous to. I'm afraid of sitting there for two weeks hearing bullshit from my boss and coworkers over me leaving. That, and I don't think I have it in me to keep going for two weeks or whatever.

The fuck do I do?
>>
>>28388681
If you hope to get a better job in the future, you should make sure you quit on good terms, that way you'll at least have a good reference
>>
>>28388681
Kekekekek kill yourself wagie traitor

Take your bosses with you
>>
>>28388681
You're not required to give any notice. You practically just joined.

It's lulzy that you can't handle a fast food job for longer than 4 months, though. It's also lulzy that your first job is at (or over) the age of 18. (it's either that or you're underage)
>>
>>28388681
Your job is a video game. Your manager is an NPC that you can't kill. He gives you missions. Your other coworkers are party members that you are forced to work with. You work to get money to buy equipment (ie. makes you forget how shit work is and how much you hate it). Just think about the money. Don't forget to save the game. Punch in and out or you might lose progress (not get paid). If you quit you lose the game. You can play a new game but you have to get a new job. You can quit at any time but you shouldn't do it unless the money is not helping you forget how shit the game is.
>>
>>28388751
>He's never worked fast food
Literal hell on earth. There's a reason so many of them protest and riot shit, and demand better wages. It's only a few steps above being a literal slave.
>hurr if you don't treat us well and do everything you're told despite getting peanuts for pay, we'll make sure you never get a job again
>remember, it's supposed to be fun and not a chore ;^)
>>
File: 0780 - tbtTuuZ.jpg (85 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
0780 - tbtTuuZ.jpg
85 KB, 330x357
>>28388825
This.
Holy fucking shit, I used to think that those people were just entitled assholes, but THIS IS LITERALLY KILLING ME ON THE INSIDE. Jesus CHRIST. I can't fucking STAND this shit. I want to fucking kill myself everytime I get home. I had three fucking days off this week somehow, and I STILL don't feel recharged and ready for the next few days. This is fucking terrible.

I would rather clean SHIT UP OFF FUCKING WALLS than do this shit another month. This is fucking killing me on the inside.

God damn it... I hate my fucking coworkers. I hate them. I hate every single one of the. I hate their fucking snide ass jokes about the way I walk(I have aspergers)and about the way I look anxiouas as fuck all the time, and I hate the way they talk down to me in passive aggressive bullshit tones.

I fucking hate this.

I feel like fucking crying and screaming in rage. I don't know what the Hell this is I'm feeling. It's like a mix of anger, sadness, and hopelessness.
>>
>>28388681
Most jobs suck that's just the way of it. This is what they mean by building character. At LEAST have the balls to us in 2 weeks. Quitting feels pretty good, even if it seems scary.
If you quit it will be harder to look for another job, and even if you manage it it will be easy to quit next time.
If you really DONT need the money it should be easier to not give a shit. Go in without a care and try to get fired. That's fun too! One of the best thing about making shit money at a shit job is the joy of not giving a shit. Hide raw meat, steal secret sauce, shove cheese under the cash register, and do all that shit in the two weeks before you leave!!
Stop taking it so seriously and have some fun. Next time someone chews you out tell them to eat your ass. What are they going to do fire you? Like you give a fuck?
>>
>>28388919
You don't sound very aspergers. You sound pretty in touch with your emotions. But yeah I work at an indoor playland which I'm pretty sure is even worse than fast food, it's in the depressing industrial-esque building too
>>
When I first started working my job I felt like this every day for the first two weeks, then I decided I didn't give a fuck because, like you, I didn't need the money except to buy things I wanted. I live with my parents and have no bills either.

Then I realized how much it sucks to have to rely on your mom for food. Just stick it out or get a different job.

Can you be more specific about your issue though I'm curious.
>>
>>28388919
Stop going senpai

Fuck it

Just stop going

Actually go in to your shift tomorrow, make yourself a big meal of whatever you want, and go home. That's the end of it.
>>
>>28388681
If it was me, I'd get a gun, go in and show them what happens when you treat someone like shit, male them pay, bullet in the manager's gut, male 'em bleed out, coworker with a mouth, gun will fit nice in there, make 'em suck it, pop the other coworkers too, probably talking behind your back, shoot a few of them to make them crippled, they will bear witness to the will of the righteous and the fall of the unbelieving, take some customers out too, the lawsuits will cripple the company, tell them, the boss knew you were hurting and they pushed you, well now your pushing back, when the constabulary arrive make them hurt, pop a kid in front of them, make them take you down, scream at them that God will forgive them, for they are tools of the Temple Jew, many will sink into despair at what they have done, you will be remembered, your name will live long, your achievements will be celebrated, you will sit at the left hand of God, you will be envied, go brother and do gods will, we will be watching, we will raise our fists with pride, you will become immortal
>>
>>28388919
>>28388825

Can confirm.

I worked at fast food before and compared to other jobs this one takes the cake for having the most rude environment. The job itself isn't that bad but it's the social environment that makes people leave. You have to deal with

>Shitty kitchen coworkers
>Shitty cashier coworkers
>Shitty crew trainers
>Shitty wannabe managers
>Shitty assistant managers
>Shitty managers
>Shitty dine-in customers
>Shitty drive thru customers

Like I said, the job itself is light but since it's so easy, your coworkers are much more likely to bully you because they have nothing better else to do and rather pick on you to make up for their pride for ending up working the minimum wage flipping burgers.

Seriously, fuck fast food.
>>
>>28389217
The fbi is watching now Anon.

But seriously I've thought of it. The only thing that has stopped me is what would happen to my family after, and the off chance there is an afterlife which operates off of a karma system. I'll get punished for ending the lives of others.

This thread is edgy as fuck now with me having posted that. I apologize.
>>
I'm at work at this fucking second and can only wonder where the fuck do you guys live to be literally hell on earth. I got a Chadesque coworker and a autismo Otaku coworker in the night shift, with no manager (the autistic guy is responsible for this shift) and we have a fucking blast every work day.

We put anime on the store TV, play vydia when there's no one around, blast all kind of music in the radio and we're very friendly to each other and I've been here for 6 months now.

The manager and owner watch us from camera and never had a complain, even though we can be pretty short tempered with clients and we take no bullshit. I admit I'm more of a cyborg if anything, but the autistic dude is 30 years and don't give a single fuck about everything. He talks about anime and tokusatsu with normies like it is nothing. Hell, we mostly put lewd and harem shit for all to see. I can proof my every claim if you want. AMA.
>>
File: 20160507_025716.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160507_025716.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>28389557
Fuck, I forgot a original comment with a original picture. Fuck you robot.
>>
Food service in general (unless it's a chill hipster cafe) is fucking insanity mode-tier.
Notice the only ones who make a 'career' out of it are addicted to every stimulus (and alcohol)? It's because it's fucking damaging work with awful people, shit wages, and retarded working schedules.
>>
>>28389557
Throw in one bitch female employee who is too lazy for the job and your little paradise is gone.
>>
You should put in a week's notice, so you can at least get a reference out of this. Your boss probably won't give you much shit. Especially if you have a reason for leaving that they can't fix (it's too far away, starting school, health problems, etc). Unless you already have other good references, you might regret leaving so suddenly.

Fast food is literally the worst industry to work in. Cheers for making it as far as you did.
>>
>>28389619
>>28389557

>Nightshift
>Working at subway
>Wonders why his job isnt tough shit
>>
>>28388681
I hope you get better if this is real.

You have an easy overpaid job in a first world country but if you are dealing with demons and bad spirits at mccancer or where ever you work quit on good terms.
>>
>>28389028
What a stupid thing to say.
>>
File: CgqajJ5UcAEbL8I.jpg (110 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
CgqajJ5UcAEbL8I.jpg
110 KB, 600x1067
>>28389557
Hey why does it say on the online ordering that you can "avoid the line and pickup your sub without the wait" But everytime i go to pick it up they bitch and make me wait in line.
>>
>>28388785
what the fuck are you talking about go to sleep
>>
File: 1462519967374.jpg (21 KB, 233x316) Image search: [Google]
1462519967374.jpg
21 KB, 233x316
>>28389217
This place is so damn negative every time I come here and read this shit I think about killing myself. Almost every post has to do with bashing someone who's down or mindless evil violence.
>>
>>28390007
Good. Please leave normie.
>>
>>28390007
Fuck off normie. You don't know our pain.
>>
Depends on if you like your coworkers or not because they will be the ones who suffer

If you dont like them, then I wouldn't show up
>>
>>28389965
Because they don't have some magical additional worker there to make you a sub. If you are getting a sandwich, somebody is making it, and if they are non stop slammed, they will be making other people's sandwiches before you get there.
>>
File: 20160426_185033.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160426_185033.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>28390120
The subs are done and ready to be taken for the carryout online order. But they say "back of the line" As if I'm being rude for fucking ordering it online so I don't have to sit in a line with normies.

Take the fucking pickup without the wait shit off the website then. Watch how much sales go down. Millennial workers are fucking useless
>>
>>28390120Ssoon robotic machines with be taking over these shitty wagecuck jobs.
>>
>>28388681
seriously though should I just not go?
>>
I'm a big proponent of quitting. Quit school and both my jobs in the span of like 2 weeks. Best decision ever. You only get 1 life.
>>
>>28388681
Just write up/print out a written 2 weeks notice and put it in the office when no one's looking if you're too nervous. Use this job as a reference, don't cut ties anon you'll regret it after enduring 4 months of minwage bullshit. The experience proof is important to move up the job ladder
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.