[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you worried about death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: 50_big.jpg (57 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
50_big.jpg
57 KB, 640x424
Are you worried about death?
>>
>>28388251
I'm worried about what my friends will do after my death
>>
no because worrying about death is literally the most pointless thing one can be doing at any given moment. you can't stop dying anymore than you can stop the sun from setting.
>>
not really its a journey we all must take

its one of the few things we all share
>>
I've experienced so much death this year that I no longer care
>>
No, but Death should be worried about me.
>>
>>28388284
Fuck outa here trip fag
>>
>>28388251
I long for death. Sweet sleep! Eternal rest! The unbearably attractive prospect of being nothing forever!

Never needing to pay taxes or impress a date ever again! Never huritng myself on furniture! never needing a haircut! Never thinking about the Holocaust and how people could do that to each other!

It's not death I fear, it's dying. I don't want to suffer. I fear suffering. I'm not that great at... not suffering.
>>
What's there to worry about?
>>
damn, thread got deep
>>
Leaving this world isn't as scary as it sounds
>>
>>28388251
How can i when i want to die?
>>
File: 048 - YUBTvLQ.jpg (79 KB, 750x709) Image search: [Google]
048 - YUBTvLQ.jpg
79 KB, 750x709
>>28388298
>looking forward to eternal sleep
>reincarnated as starving african or woman in saudi arabia
>>
>>28388297
he's not wrong though being a trip is deplorable.
i imagine death is like the time i have been under full body anesthesia.. just a really long sleep and a dream and you wake up again.
seeing as how i will have another major invasive surgery before age 25 (this time on my head :) ) anesthesia is one helluva drug.
just a long sleep...

goodbye anons
i will remember you
>>
>>28388328
I haven't decided if I believe in reincarnation yet. I have burned off a lot of karma in this life though. My good deeds outweigh the bad by a huge amount so I can't imagine I would end up in a lower station in life if I was reincarnated with any kind of justice.
>>
>>28388328
I'm /x/tier and i know for a fact i'll be one of those starving africans if i kill myself but it doesn't sound too bad. I'd worry too much about physical things i wouldn't have time to be depressed
>>
>>28388276
>implying that we wont develop technology that lets us live forever
>>
>>28388328
it wouldn't matter what you would be reincarnated as because it wouldn't be you
>>
>>28388506
It would be a new you, a new life you have to deal with and live. I find the karma aspect of reincarnation to be nonsense, but the fact that we're here now at all makes as much sense as us coming back as someone else.
>>
I don't care if I die but I'm anxious of people picking through my belongings.
>>
>>28388251

At this point I welcome it. My life is absolute shit.

>be 42
>long life of misery
>be PTSD, Autism & Disabled
>have health problems
>married with 3 kids
>live in shit state Arizona
>parents are sick and dying
>kids never listen to me
>pet with health problems
>no money
>bills due
>cant find serenity in anything

I am so done with this life. Any Arizona robots need a partner in crime?
>>
I used to be until I accepted there's nothing you can do to stop it. Then I realized I wasn't afraid of death, but not living life
>>
File: 1422063984545.png (321 KB, 371x470) Image search: [Google]
1422063984545.png
321 KB, 371x470
>>28388291
hehh ok kid
>>
>>28388251
yeah, worried i won't have the guts to cause it
>>
>>28388251
We all have a time to go anon
All you can do is hope it isn't too uncomfortable when it happens
>>
File: Dawn-of-War-3-1200x552.jpg (79 KB, 1200x552) Image search: [Google]
Dawn-of-War-3-1200x552.jpg
79 KB, 1200x552
I used to be extremely scared of dying. But as reality settled in more and more as I got older my life turned to shit. These days I find myself more welcome to the idea of dying, it would be an end and I kind of like the sounds of that.
>>
I beg every day for something or someone to kill me please fucking end it I don't want to be here any more someone please relieve me of this endless fucking grating suffering

every action is tedious and all-consuming, my eyes physically feel like they're being forced shut, there is a constant weight of dread in my chest right below my left lung and I am too weak to do most things without immense physical effort

I find myself chanting as I walk back to my house from the trash "please kill me" over and over hoping some benevolent lightning strike will hit me

I have literally everything. I live in a 550,000 dollar home I worked for. I jumped through all the hoops, I have a classic car that I enjoy driving, I am an accomplished musician and I love my wife. I made it this far out of spite for the system and I'm beyond the point of caring about what others will think about me when I'm gone. I could leave my wife and my family this very instant, forever, and it would not matter because I would be dead.

I want off this ride
>>
I used to be, but there's nothing I can do to stop it.
>>
File: Xw2vbmk.jpg (15 KB, 401x277) Image search: [Google]
Xw2vbmk.jpg
15 KB, 401x277
Nah not worried, just along for the ride familia.
>>
>>28388251
I am only afraid of dying in that I need to get some fucking life insurance and make my own funeral arrangements.
I have never had any anxiety in my life, but my 26 year old brother in law died a few months ago, and not only did we have to make and pay for all the arrangements, but now I get these bouts of anxiety when I am driving or in crowded places. I am too fucking old for this shit (32)
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 681x1024
>>28388251
No, I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of time.
>>
>>28388251
worried is not the right word. maybe "excited"
>>
>>28388300
Exactly, we're all gonna die sooner or later.
>>
How do I get over the natural fear of death /r9k/?

I know its just human instinct but a lucky few are able to overcome it.
>>
File: 1458345120117.png (431 KB, 1080x750) Image search: [Google]
1458345120117.png
431 KB, 1080x750
Not really. I've never been religious, but I'm not a fedoraman either. If I knew I was about to die it would suck, but nonetheless I'm curious about what happens next.
>>
>>28388251
In a sense yeah. I'm worried about dying before making my mark on the world.
>>
File: Kurzweil nigga.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Kurzweil nigga.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
What is death?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/06/apparently-were-all-going-to-live-forever-by-2029-5866054/
>>
>>28388798
what do you have to whine about?
>>
>>28389204
Nothing. That is the worst part. I have everything. My life is the goal of someone who has nothing and got what they wanted. I have every comfort and every possible method of escapism, emotional release, physical happiness, yet I am not happy.

This is worse than I could have ever imagined. When I was a teenager, I was wealthy but I always thought things would be better once I had control over my own life but with that control has come an inescapable terror that I never found what I was looking for and never will.
>>
>>28388529
>I find the karma aspect of reincarnation to be nonsense

So you believe in a gamble?
>>
I just hope that there's no afterlife, if I die and then wake up in some other dimension or something I'm gonna be seriously pissed
>>
>>28388276
>implying we won't develop technology to destroy the sun
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.