[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dad is pushing trades onto me >Feel completely trapped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1452470855747.jpg (62 KB, 564x696) Image search: [Google]
1452470855747.jpg
62 KB, 564x696
>Dad is pushing trades onto me
>Feel completely trapped
>Don't think I'll ever make it into a college
>Think I'll most likely die a door installer
>Can't stand the people in construction, but contract work is generally solitary
>Feel like it's totally useless to even try college
>Dad is so old he can't work by himself anymore

Life is completely unfair /r9k/. Everyone I know around me is in college, but I've been training myself for something I hate doing, and it feels like there's no way out.

It all feels completely hopeless. No matter what I do for a living in my entire life I will always be either middle class or poor. I'll be breaking my back in the process, and then people will keep taking cuts of my life until I'm gone.
>>
>>28387080
Help your dad and also attend school. I'm guessing you guys aren't installing doors every day.
>>
>>28387080
>implying that having a low responsibility work in a first-world country is bad
Fucking faggot.
>>
>>28387115
We are.
We're running 3 a day and staying until 5.

I think your advice is still the best. It's just going to be hell.
>>
>>28387080
I know people that got into trades and make bank. Just move up and the ranks mlike you would. You'll make way more to start than any of those college kids. Move to a college town and party there while making big bucks
>>
>>28387140
>Low responsibility
>If you mess up you can cause thousands of dollars in damage and really hurt yourself if you're not insured
>>
Tradesmen make a fuck ton of money. It's arguably better than anything else because you won't get crippled with debt after your apprenticeship. In fact you'll make money during your apprenticeship.
>>
File: giphy.gif (979 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
979 KB, 500x278
>>28387147
Yeah, go to a public school. Try to find internship on the weekends. It's going to be a hard road ahead for you, but I believe, brother. Your father loves you. He just needs help and wants you to have something in life if all else fails. Work hard so you can help support him so he won't need to work so hard anymore.
>>
>>28387167
Fucking lel. Compare it with,
>surgical procedure in the biliary tract
>you fuck it up and produce an injury
>the patient is a 80 yo lady, and she dies 1 month later from a biloma
You are pathetic and a failure.
>>
Crude blue collar types aren't that bad, white collar career climbing yuppies are worse
>>
>>28387257
Thanks a lot man.
You really do see what's going on.

>>28387258
>Pick arguably one of the most stressful, high paying jobs in the country
>Comparing any other job to that makes it sound like kid stuff

Why are you even in this thread?
>>
File: 1460602564066.jpg (41 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1460602564066.jpg
41 KB, 562x437
>>28387080
Stop making fucking excuses

Skilled construction workers make bank and can build and improve their own homes on the cheap

Being a white collar worker isn't any better, let me tell ya. Eight hours of staring at an excel spreadsheet will make you want to kill yourself
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.