[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a worthless NEET thinking about getting into a trade.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: zKTCRKM.jpg (337 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
zKTCRKM.jpg
337 KB, 1280x1280
I'm a worthless NEET thinking about getting into a trade. Is anyone in a trade or somehow have knowledge on one? Do you want to share your experiences, pros and cons? I'm thinking about HVAC because welding has toxic fumes and can fuck up your eyes, and electricians can get electrocuted. I just want to move out of my parents' house and have nice things....
>>
>>28386076

while those breasts look amazing at first glance, the astute anon will notice the pudgy sausage fingers of her left hand, indicating that she is a disgusting whale. tits on a fat girl do NOT count.
>>
File: 1406779147165.jpg (43 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1406779147165.jpg
43 KB, 550x550
>>28386113
Damn, nice catch
>>
>>28386113
I was going to mention this.
>>
File: d1n8h31jwwmdh81d.jpg (15 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
d1n8h31jwwmdh81d.jpg
15 KB, 250x374
>>28386113
>>28386140
>>28386310
fuck you guys, she's not that fat.
>>
best trade you could get is welding its pretty easy and the pay is good you'll probably make around 25$ an hour
>>
Hey. I'm in HVAC. Residential service. I'll take a pic of the back of my van in a sec.

Can you handle extreme heat? That's the hardest part of AC work. On a hot as balls day, over 80F, go up in the attic and crawl around 2x4s, do some pushups, sit there for 30 mins.

And realize it's long, back breaking work in the summer. Working full days, including weekends. 60+ hours a week. Making mad bank. Then well below 40 hours a week all fall, winter, and spring. Making almost nothing compare to summer.

What state you live in?
>>
>>28386076
My dad does HVAC. He's smart and can diagnose what the problem is in a system where the vast majority cannot.

I've worked with him as a summer job for a few years because he pays me $200/day. I can do most diagnoses and installations despite having no formal training. Most tradespeople in HVAC are idiots yet still make very good money because most systems tend to only have a few common problems and the difficult to solve ones can be answered by telling the customer to put in an entirely new system.

My dad makes 95/hr plus he charges 50-100% markup on all equipment and materials. He's been doing this for 15 years, and since he has a reputation, never runs out of customers.

It sucks when you have to work in the attic of an old building when it's 33 degrees Celsius though. Which you might have to do often.
Hope that helps.
>>
>>28386395
Yes she fucking is, you little shit. Look at the fat spilling over the top of her waistband, and her upper arms.
>>
>>28386113
For all the thirsty neckbeards: it's a doll
Now OP you just learnt to never put a more interesting image than your thread
Cheers famsalams
>>
>>28386492
What do you make in a year senpai? Breaking 70k? I also heard its almost impossible to get into a trade these days unless you have a family member who can give you an apprenticeship.
>>
>>28386076
I'm pretty sure trades are just a meme. Unless you want to destroy your body. Why not something like web development instead?
>>
>>28386528
Upper arm fat is amazing when paired with thigh and ass fat. It's all about balance. Sadly this woman doesn't have good enough distribution or WHR to pull it off.
>>
File: 1446229871469.png (351 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1446229871469.png
351 KB, 480x640
>>28386475
I would if it weren't for the eyesight issues and toxic fumes

>>28386492
VA, and I've been in hot attics before for long periods of time.
>>
>>28386594
>all those tattoos
Not even once
>>
>>28386525
>>28386492
Does HVAC drug test? I've been clean for a couple years, but might eventually want to start up again. I could also use fake piss to pass randoms.
>>
>>28386705
I don't know. My dad owns his own business and neither he nor I am a degenerate that needs to worry about these things so it's never been a problem.
>>
>>28386548
I wish. I made 28k last year. But I'm only 2 years into it. And last year was fucked by not getting enough work. They fixed that and work is regular now, so I'm not sure what my wage would've been with a normal year at my wage now. At 14/hour now, with another raise coming up soon.

My company does 90% of it's work through a home warranty company that pays peanuts, so we get peanuts. I know you can get better pay at other companies.

Boss bitches constantly about not being able to find good workers. He's fired 2 retards for not being able to learn the job and 1 dindu for doin nuffin. If you seem smart, and garuntee you'll stick around after they train you, you should land a job easy. Maybe offer to sign a contract you'll stay for at least 2 years? Everyone's thirsty for good techs, but don't want to waste money training a newfag for him to get fired or quit.

>>28386594
I'm in Texas, so I guess you'd have it easier than me.
>>
>>28386525
>Most tradespeople in HVAC are idiots

Yep. I call em Capacitor-in-a-box guys. It literally takes 2 more seconds to strap them down instead of let it sit in the box and be in danger of touching a wall.
>>
>>28386705
I wouldn't know either. My boss needed someone fast, so he "forgot" to drug test me. I think I signed a form that let him if he wanted.
>>
File: 1462555651647.jpg (90 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1462555651647.jpg
90 KB, 720x960
Builders are always in demand because hur dur we need to build shit all the time. Also you will be qualified so can do legal work on your own home and can do things like buy > do up > resell later on in life.
>>
>>28386525
>Most tradespeople in HVAC are idiots
You ever heard the saying "If everyone around you is an asshole, you're probably the real asshole."
At least you're trying to be helpful though nepotism boy.
>>
>>28387352
No, he's telling the truth, and so am I. And he might even work in another country, being a Celsiusfag. I assume it's the same everywhere.

They don't know dick about return air and static pressure. The don't know dick about hanging an evaporator or running a drainline so it drains. They don't know dick about pricing to avoid a razor thin profit margin that will bankrupt you the first bad year you have.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.