[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not your fault, robots.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: not your fault.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
not your fault.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
It's not your fault, robots.
>>
Fuck that, I need someone to tell me IT IS ALL MY FAULT.
>>
just be strong its easier than you think
>>
File: 1431821462383.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1431821462383.gif
2 MB, 250x188
robin williams killed himself
>>
more like robin won'tiams
>>
>>28385521
If someone says things like that, they just want to manipulate my feelings into some sort of self-love that they have a preachy notion is 'healthy'. How about you fuck off and don't try to manipulate my perceptions of myself?

>taking something a therapist says seriously
>ever
>>
File: 1442461242215.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1442461242215.gif
14 KB, 633x758
Who gives a fuck "whose" "fault" "this" "is", whatever that is.

Not caring is the way to success, whether you end up becoming a normie or a robot. Adapt and be happy with the cards you were dealt, even the shittiest hand can be used well.

Seriously, once you start asking yourself questions like "Why me?" or "Whose fault is it?", you've already lost and just as well you deserve it.
>>
>>28385570
It legitimately wasn't his fault. He was born into an abusive household.
>>
>>28385529
But, is it?
>>
File: 1460253602717.jpg (59 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1460253602717.jpg
59 KB, 500x351
>>28385570
They are full of shit but self-love IS the way to true happiness. The only person you will ever treally have is yourself. The only person you should love. Why do you think narcissistic and selfish assholes are successful? Because they have the right idea.
>>
>>28385629
He obviously tried to make him attach an forgiving/positive emotional judgement to himself next to explaining the reasons he came out that way (if he indended to do the latter at all).

>>28385663
I see no inherent reason anywhere that I 'should' love myself. Yes, most peope love themselves, yes, it probably is related to success, no, those don't mean that any shitty therapist has the right to tell me how to feel.
>>
File: 1458985464005.jpg (86 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1458985464005.jpg
86 KB, 800x800
>>28385751
You should love yourself because no one else will.
And success doesn't always mean what people think it does.
Would you feel the same about yourself as you do now if you were born as the only person in your world? Being yourself really is the way to live, ESPECIALLY if it will make you a creep or an outcast. People are poison, tools at best. Only normies and proto-normies need other people or their approval or their standards to be happy. Something that normies, failed or otherwise, would surely call EDGY.
>>
>>28385869
>You should love yourself because no one else will.

I don't see how those two are related.

What I want for myself/from life/... is determined, as you partly conceded, by nature and nurture. It's not as if free will exists that would let me choose to love myself.
>>
File: 1422544888196.jpg (266 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
1422544888196.jpg
266 KB, 905x881
>>28385915
See, this is what i'm talking about.
You guys suffer because you are unable to break free from "nature and nurture", which is half not knowing how to play the cards you were given well (nature) and not being able to adopt a clean slate attitude and creating your own rules instead of following what was being forced on you since you were a kid.

Free will doesn't exist to those who are trying to figure out how to live while being chained up, barely able to move. It exists to those who instead are trying to figure out how to break the chains.

It's nihilistic to give up and give in. There is always a third way out.
>>
>>28386017
I watched The Nutty Professor the other day after being in quite a rut for a few weeks. I typically have a cycle of depression, numbness, anxiety and irritability, and then feeling ok or even elated and invincible. Bipolarism runs in the family. I always said why try anything because I am hopeless.

No joke, I was feeling a little more positive and then I watched "The Nutty Professor" and got inspired. When Buddy Love said "No matter what you got to strut" it struck a really deep cord in me. Not only that, Richard Simmons saying "Yes I can" also inspired me. I started thinking more positively and decided the only reason I was so bad at everything was because of my state of mind. I was constantly just saying "Why try? I'm trash and I'm worthless." But now everytime something like that comes in my head I turn it completely around.

Life's felt better. But maybe that's just the bipolarism. FYI, I've actually been diagnosed with depression before and I am kv so don't just dismiss me as some normie.
>>
>>28385915
Maybe try a positive psychology book. It's the best behavioral therapy alternative I've found. Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

>>28385869
Nothing wrong with being individual, independent and proud. But doesn't it feel good to surround yourself with people who think highly of you? I understand everyone inadvertently everyone else at least a little but that's inevitable, is the best resolve really to opt out?
>>
>>28385521
Don't fuck with me OP
>>
File: 1460215451199.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460215451199.jpg
229 KB, 1024x768
>>28386208
It might feel good, but the reason most of you guys have it so hard is because you have the order of things backwards.
Learn to love yourself first and foremost. Learn to live on your own. That way whether by some way you become "loved" or not, you will be fine. But the typical mindset is a dependant one where you start to hate yourself because you are not appreciated and respected, and that makes people miserable. Things that don't entirely depend on you should be the icing, not the whole cake.
>>28386092
It's okay, i understand. Chemical problems like illnesses are not up to you, no point of view will really and absolutely help if your own body sets a limiter. And i know that doctors and medicine are a roulette of incompetent people and drugs that don't work. Here's a tip if you haven't already - disregard psychologists entirely and turn to psychiatrists instead. No amount of talk will fix biological problems.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.