[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your "role" at work, wagies? > the complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1462235542145.jpg (143 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1462235542145.jpg
143 KB, 500x485
What's your "role" at work, wagies?
> the complete doormat
> the one who needs his hand held
> the one who tried to stay out of everyone's way and still became a mark/scapegoat
>>
>>28384160
>the quiet guy who just does his job with minor chitchat and goes home
no one fucks with me and i don't fuck with them
>>
The one that the upper management doesn't despise because I'm not a fuck up.
>>
I've always just half assed my job. I recently been offered a management position.
>>
File: 1461616340610.jpg (520 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1461616340610.jpg
520 KB, 1500x1500
>>28384160
>the nepotist hire who is "a chip off the old block"
>mfw I just show up early and Google every task I'm given
>>
Dependable quiet guy, good for some laughs
>>
> Does nothing all day.
> Boss thinks I'm fucking hero for fixing a bunch of minor fuckups in previous guys code.
> Free food everyday
> Buddy works hard and gets constantly shit on
> feels good
>>
I try to avoid people when possible and just do my job. I'm polite but not really friendly and I work best when I'm left alone. I'm also the office whore because I'm a /fit/ man in his mid 20s working in an office full of divorced middle-aged women desperate to recapture their youth for a few minutes by fucking a man who's roughly half their age.
>>
>the kid just out of high school
>the guy who rushes to mop the floor after the lunch rush because he doesn't want to be told to do more difficult things
>the kid who hides cokes from the fountain in the cooler behind the lettuce (only one manager knows, hasn't said anything about it to me)
>>
Robots aren't bad guys. We are just the symptom of how bad it is for men out there.

>good times for a change, see the life I've had it can make a good man go bad.
>>
>>28384201
> tfw upper management loves me, but middle management hates my guts because I don't make them feel important enough
it's a bad feel, guys
>>
>>28384263
timestamp or stfu
>>
>>28384295

I'm cool with middle management too because I don't argue and just listen.
>>
>>28384160

>the only competent one in the department
>all the managers' favorite
>on a friendly basis with 90% of the store's employees

Gonna quit soon though because FUCK minimum wage and customer service. Also working 6-8 hours alone, while infrequent, is entirely shit.
>>
>>28384306
Timestamp of what? I'm sitting at home, alone, reading 4chan and listening to anime music.
>>
I think I'm sort of an auxiliary. Like I do the cleaning up and in between tasks that the main people who interact with the customers do, although I am the cash register manner often.

Also I say sorry to everyone all the time, I can appear to be submissive since all I need the money for is nonnecessities since my parents give me those still
>>
new guy
i bring peoples shit up stairs like 30 times a day.
im not really friends with anyone there yet and that kinda sucks
>>
Competent boss bitch
>>
>>28384160
I partially own a business

It's a comic store in Seattle, it is doing good enough to live semi-comfortably.
>>
>>28384411
> chad thinks we want to hear him complain about being a boss and making money
why are normies such fucking shit
>>
>>28384492
How am I complaining? It's just a family store and I'm not the boss. I just happen to have a business owning dad.
>>
Solidarity forever comrades! It's not too late to establish new worker owned industries and worker federations!
https://youtu.be/9g1IArAW5Dk
>>
I just want regular raises to feel appreciated and work harder.

That no pump a run
That no pickle pee
>>
The guy everyone likes, who is responsible, puts in the hours, says yes as much as he can and no when he knows he wouldn't realistically be able to make the best of the request.
>>
>>28384640
This. Like 30 cents a year in an ideal world that isn't imaginary.
>>
>>28384662
ah, yes, the office closet case

we had a few of those
>>
> that guy who's boss feels llike she's doing you a favor with a job even though it's not like I get paid to sit on my ass
> sit on my ass though, because she won't stop being a cunt and denying me rresponsibility
>>
>>28384268

What, you guys don't get free fountain drinks? What kind of shit-tier restaurant is this?
>>
>the awkward one that takes all the extra hours from co-workers calling out
>the one that intentionally works every night to avoid their family
>the one that talks about going back to school but still hasn't after three years
>>
>>28385396
>>the one that talks about going back to school but still hasn't after three years

It's only been a semester for me, but this is a very scary thought.
>>
>>28385336
Yea it costs almost nothing we employees get unlimited soda on the job. Its just a cash cow because the profit margins are huge they dont lose anything by letting us have a lot
>>
>>28384160
>> the one who tried to stay out of everyone's way and still became a mark/scapegoat

This
so fucking glad I don't work at starbucks anymore
>>
>>28385453
When I worked at kroger. I ended up in a department with 3 guys who had been there for like 10 year+. They all pretty much had a similar story about how when they started working there is was just part time till they found something better.
>>
>>28385558

>Kroger

FUCK, that's where I am, part time as well.

Definitely in a few months, though. Everybody's nice, but you can tell they wish they hadn't stayed here, even the managers. Retail is soul crushing, christ almighty.
>>
>>28385665
From what I understand it's really not a great place to work at. The corporation will pretty much fuck you and keep you at part time.
>>
The guy who does his job and gets ignored outside of casual conversation.

Feels good.
>>
>>28385774

It depends on the store, really. At this one, they'd gladly make me full time, I just want as few hours as possible (which ends up being 30 anyway).

I've heard invariably bad things about target, though. That place just fuckin sucks
>>
>>28385453
To be honest I'm at the point where I've been working so long saving money that I could quit to go to school full-time and get it over with. The problem is that I'm not interested in anything offered at community college and I also have the fear of going into a major and realizing I hate it and just wasted a couple grand to look stupid.
>>
>>28385856

iktf, anon. You might as well, though. You could at least make more than you are now.

Alternatively, you could go to bartending school, I hear they make pretty good money, and it only takes a couple weeks
>>
>>28384160
The guy that does all the work
The guy that fixes stuff when it goes wrong
The manager
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.