[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots who live on their own (apartment, condo, etc.), how do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: feels-on-wheels.png (58 KB, 646x654) Image search: [Google]
feels-on-wheels.png
58 KB, 646x654
Robots who live on their own (apartment, condo, etc.), how do you cope with the crippling isolation and loneliness?
>>
I tell myself it's better than being lonely while surrounded by roommates who don't care about you.
>>
>give all neighbors nicknames in my head
>learn the daily schedules of all neighbors but never interact with them
>browse internet
>drink heavily
>do jigsaw puzzles from dollar tree
>>
File: 1307972694001.png (328 KB, 680x582) Image search: [Google]
1307972694001.png
328 KB, 680x582
>>28384174
>>do jigsaw puzzles from dollar tree
>>
>>28384025
I don't have to, I don't feel sad living alone.
>>
I don't cope. I hate every new day more than the last.
>>
weed and my fish are the only reason I'm still alive
>>
woaah living alone, that sounds cool..
>>
>>28384025
>how do you cope with the crippling isolation and loneliness?

Cope with it? I thrive with it. I fucking hate living with people.
>>
I drink, talk to myself (very quietly so the neighbours don't hear me), and play adventure/puzzle games. I love jigsaw puzzle games.
>>
>>28384025
I come to 4chan
>>
I got a roommate. It helps a bit.

I'm thinking of putting the down payment on a house in the future and renting out the space or even just letting people live there for free. Maybe fostering kids or some shit.
>>
>>28384554
yeah I don't see the problem with it

how would a random roommate make things any better? best you can hope for is to be neutral with them and have an understanding.

My family's pretty cool but I plan to live alone too unless I get a wife or something. I spend barely any of my money anyways, I'd gladly pay the rent by myself. Using the internet as your primary entertainment can be pretty cheap.
>>
It's a hardcore learning experience but soo worth it in my book.
>>
>>28384025
Sometimes it gets bad. But fapping in peace helps a little. I also try my best to keep in contact with my friends by messaging them on Facebook, steam, etc.
>>
>>28384616
How do you get a roommate that's not scary or a big druggie loser
>>
>>28384537
>weed
A robot can always have a friend in the good green.
>>
>>28385714
He is a big loser just too anti-social to know where to buy drugs
>>
>>28385736
Never lets you down or betrays you loyal to the end
>>
I live with my daughter, she's good company.
>>
I work , go to school, & have hobbies I do
>>
File: 1444345940117.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
1444345940117.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>28384025
>how do you cope with the crippling isolation and loneliness?
I don't
>>
I don't currently but I have lived alone in the past on and off, for years at a time. It never bothered me even a little. In fact I really enjoy it. The complete freedom and absolute privacy are invaluable to my personal well being. No place that I've shared with other people has ever felt as much like "home" as any of my apartments.
>>
lived with my parents the past few years since college graduation. 3-4 times theyve gone on vacation and i'm alone for a week. no friends, no girlfriend, so basically i get home and its just me until the next day, leave for work, come home, alone, etc. weekends alone, basically shut in

it was so amazing

ive never truly lived on my own though. in college i lived in a dorm freshman year and my roommate never showed up so i had the room to myself, but i had 3 other roommates in the other rooms, final 2 years of college i had my own room in an apartment with 3 other guys

but sophomore year i shared a room in an apartment. holy shit that was horrible.
>>
>>28386921

this me too

i was still lonely for maybe about 1 hour a day but i managed and did enjoy it

roommates can really be annoying
>>
I recently bought my own apartment. It can be really hard honestly.

I always thought I liked living alone, but now that I am here, it kind of sucks. There is just something to the fact that when you have a roommate there is at least a possibility that you talk with somebody. Living alone you are much more isolated.

Don't know how to make it better tbqh. I am working on making video games, so thats a cool way to spend alone time.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.