[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw can't tell if I lack the determination to be successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>tfw can't tell if I lack the determination to be successful or i lack the intelligence

Maybe both.
>>
>>28383925
It's determination, you don't need intelligence to by successful in any manner, even academically.
Unless you're clinically retarded of course.
>>
>>28383958
Not OP, but this puts me at ease for some reason.
Gives me something to hope for.
Thank's for the reassurance Anon.
>>
>>28383958
As someone who is successful out of pure intelligence, I can confirm this is bullshit.
The outcome of my endeavors is unrelated to the amount of effort I put in them. If I'm good enough for something I pull it off, if I'm not I'm fucked. Everything is predetermined by genetically factors, people like the poster I'm quoting are just baiting retards into not killing themselves.
>>
>>28383958
>you don't need intelligence to by successful [...] academically
>you're clinically retarded of course

'I'm going to say something pants-on retarded!'
'Oops, maybe it was a bit too retarded. Let's bakcpedal. But only as little as possible to shut people up, so to stray as little as possible from my original preposterous point.'

You're embarrassing.
>>
>>28383958
>>28383958
fucking this

why dont people understand this
>>
>>28384164
>'you're clinically retarded
*unless you're
>>
>>28384180
'dude hard work lmao' != a valid argument no matter how much you want it to be one.

'You just want to justify your own laziness, inaction, failures, blah blah blah' != one either. (Has anyone ever taken this one seriously, or is it just a kind of socially mandatory retort people feel compelled to say at that point?)
>>
>>28384062
>Thank's for the reassurance

You mean thanks for reassuring a cliche in you that lulls you into the impression that 'you just need to give effort' is something 'always possible' for you, and somehow not subject to empirical relation to nature and nurture/determined like everything else (which relation could just as well betray it is impossible)?

People indeed sacrifice reason so easily when it makes them feel better.
>>
>>28384126
>>28384164
>>28384234
>>28384336

Can you guys give some examples of things you cannot be good at without genetic advantages like intelligence?
>>
>>28384412
No. Literally anything we could say, you're just going to retor it 'can' be done 'with effort'. That's literally why the concept of effot has been invented -- so to render literally everything 'possible to do' in a superficial sense, that could appeal to people too unintelligent to analyze it and realize how impotent an argument it really is.
>>
>>28384493
>>28384412
(What there is to do instead -- which is far less exciting than just spouting 'work harder bro' and receiving applause -- is, obviously, to painstakingly correlate 'effort', namely persistence at an outcome such as completing an intellectual pursuit such as a degree, with innate and environmental past qualities, so to learn the degree of compatiblity between my situation and that of people who statistically turn out to complete it. No lazy 'but effort!' cop-out.)
>>
>>28384493
>>28384557
...All right, one thread on the Internet educated about the idiocy that is 'effort', 2,487,112 to go.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.