[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I tried. I left the NEET life and got a job, but today something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336 KB, 500x473
Guys I tried. I left the NEET life and got a job, but today something strange happened to me and I think I may have blown it.

They gave me a huge amount of work today, and I suddenly had everyone screaming at me. My mind couldn't keep up with this after being a NEET for so long, and I had a total meltdown in the office. My neck became hot, my mind became clouded and I couldn't even comprehend human speech anymore. I can't recall feeling anything like it before, it was terrifying not being able to understand anything, and then I became frantic. Everyone around me just started and frowned.

I don't want to come off as a special snowflake, and I don't intend this to be a blog post, but wtf happened to me? I am scared to go back t b h
>>
Sounds like a good ol' panic attack. I'm sorry it happened to you around so many people
>>
>>28383548
Real social anxiety disorder
I've felt it too
>>
>>28383587
Sounds like this. It's more common than people think, but no one wants to talk about them so they seem like a rarity.

I hope you can keep the job, or find a new one. Getting used to workplace stress takes some training.
>>
>>28383548
Panic attacka
>>
It sounds like a panic attack man, shit sucks.
>>
>>28383548
So they gave you a bunch of work and then just started screaming at you? What the fuck?
>>
Panic attack. I had one at work a few months ago when we fucked up our backend server
>>
>>28383715
I was on the phone to a client and it was extremely hard to understand him because of his accent and he was screaming at me because I couldn't understand him , and while that was happening I had my manager behind me screaming because I wasn't working fast enough, and then I had colleagues constantly handing me more work even though I was completely busy with that client and shouting at me as well. They had overworked me the entire day but it was around then that this thing happened to me and I had my "panic attack".
>>
I wish i had a job worth getting a panic attack over. There's no way im ever going to give enough fucks for that to happen.
>>
>>28383876
Question.
Are you "help desk" or "customer service" or some nightmare mix of the two?
Customer service on the phone.... its rough....
>>
>>28383548
perhaps the ole sensory overload or whatever it's called. or just a panic attack

i got fired after my first day @ a sub shop for something like this, they didnt even call me to say i was fired or anything like that.. they just never called me

talk to your doctor and stay safe anon
>>
Definitely a panic attack

I had one working an overnight in another state and it was really
embarrassing, especially because I drove a co-worker there. I overworked myself and around 5 am broke into a cold sweat and couldn't stop going to the bathroom. I had to sit down and I couldn't stop shaking and stammering when I told my co-worker that I was feeling really ill. She drove us back while I chugged a bottle of gatorade

I work with someone else that occasionally gets panic attacks and they actually threw up in the car of a co-worker that volunteered to drive them home
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.