[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buddhism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 113x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 113x144
Since I am unable to become a NEET I've decided I want to become a Buddhist monk. Does anyone know how I would begin to go about this?
>>
File: buddha.png (2 MB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
buddha.png
2 MB, 1024x766
>>28382299
Buddha is already rewarding you with double bubs
>>
>>28382299
Been tempted to go buddist, bumping for interest.
>>
File: 2131541523523.jpg (104 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
2131541523523.jpg
104 KB, 500x637
>>28382299

Here's what you do OP

>get rid of all electronics
>become homeless
>use your bedsheets as your only source of clothing
>Shave your entire body
>Meditate in the street for 10- 12 hours a day

do this and you'll become enlightened. You literally cannot go wrong.
>>
become a yogi/sadhu instead, join a group in india, though there probably wont be any internet for you anymore, youd get to chill all day smoking weed or practicing all kinds of yoga.

i think buddhist temples that are opened to westerners cost money, since theyr nothing but institutions depending on money.
>>
>>28383521
Is all western institutions a scam? I just want to do chores and meditate all day without needing to move to a third world shithole.
>>
>>28383521
Yep, I'd second the move to India. Ashrams take anyone that they think is devoted enough and your meager existence is already paid by rich religious businessmen who donate large amounts to get even more success.

There's one temple in particular that have many full-time people hired just to accept large donations of cash.
>>
>>28383593
there's bhavana and zen mountain monastary and a couple others in america that seem legit
>>
>>28383593

pretty much, since theyr only out for your money, and heavily influenced by newage watered down buddhisms. though there are probably groups in the west that are free. though if you're up in the himalayas its a pretty nice place.
>>
>>28382299
NEET life is best life, I just meditate no need for god or religion
>>
FYI you don't have to abandon everything to "be" a buddhist. It's perfectly ok to be a normal slave while still following the principals.

About becoming a monk though, I've looked into those communes or whatever you call it for likeminded people. It seems interesting but there will always be that power differential between you and the person who runs the place. So I think it's a path you have to forge yourself. That's not to say don't do it, but there's no way that it's the end all be all.

Tfw schizo uncle was homeless for awhile. It's scary because you will just as easily fall through the cracks as you will to be one of those enlightened bums. Cities and homelessness will break people, if you do it stick only to wilderness / travel. Don't make a home anywhere, especially not in a city!
>>
>>28383868
Buddhism isn't (shouldn't) be about a deity, it's just living a content life. You don't have to necessarily subscribe to it to get anything out of it. Like many things it has a useful message.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.