[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you improved yourself by learning a foreign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1454661200441.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1454661200441.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
Why haven't you improved yourself by learning a foreign language yet?
>>
>>28380001
There is little to gain from that. Besides, you picture is bait and you should feel ashamed.
>>
I speak five languages already desu. I see little benefit in a sixth, still no gf.
>>
>>28380001
I keep forgetting whatever progress I make because I don't know any German people. I don't have enough motivation to learn the language in isolation just for the heck of it. I can go a thousand miles in any direction and find plenty of people who speak English.
>>
>>28380063
You can meet people online from all over the world and video chat with them to practice the language you're trying to learn.

Of course if you're not hot they'll stop talking to you once they see your face but still.
>>
I tried to but I was kicked out of the library for indecent exposure. Felt bad senpai. ONLY learned a bit of spanish.
>>
>>28380001
The rest of the world should learn to speak American.

Trump should make that a law.
>>
>>28380116
most of those people online just want to learn English because it actually improves their chances of success in life. Me casually learning German? Meh. Most Germans will just switch to English anyways. It's not perfect but it'll be better than my German. This is in video gaming though. I'm not going to socialize just to learn German.
>>
>>28380001

I am, senpai. They're nobody to talk to in the language tho some I'm not actual learning. I can study all I want but I have nowhere to apply my knowledge. I trued social apps but the people always stop talking to me after 3 days. I'm not boring or anything.

It's Italian btw.
>>
>>28380261
Learning german gets easier if you know any of the other germanic languages like english and the north german ones. Very similar. Vocabulary should be a cake-walk.
>>
>>28380237

Why would he when it's already the case? All real international businesses use American English. All EFL students learn American English. American IS English at this point. Aside from a couple of backwards pooinloos noone is learning about lorries, prawns, and water closets. It's trucks, crawfish, and bathrooms.
>>
>>28380001
Are there online tools now? The old way was steal rosetta stone, is there something better in [INSERT CURRENT YEAR]?
>>
>>28380548
>is there something better in [INSERT CURRENT YEAR]?
Look up old books that are available for free online. Unless the language is obscure, there should be more than enough books on grammar.
>>
>>28380001
I've more or less finished learning the Hebrew alphabet but I'm not sure where to go from here.
>>
For years I've wanted to because I believe it would give me confidence as a dumbfuck amerifat.

Sadly I think the only way I could learn a language is if I paid someone to spoonfeed it to me. I don't think I could do it on my own. And even then I'm afraid it will be a waste.
>>
>>28380601
Theologists study hebrew, look up their curriculums.
>>
>>28380637
I'm more interested in modern Hebrew, not biblical. Do you think the same lessons would apply?
>>
File: 1459917747696.png (353 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
1459917747696.png
353 KB, 600x487
>english, german and a bit french is enough senpai
not everyone is murican who cant speak anything else than english
>>
>>28380001
who is this neon demon
>>
>>28380654
If I'm not mistaken, modern hebrew was revived from not being spoken, so it should be based on biblical. I'm studying Arabic and old books are still very relevant, and the languages are fairly similar.
>>
>>28380672

Americans lead the world. Foreign languages are nothing new to us.

t.native english high school spanish and mandarin/international business major
>>
>>28380548
https://kat.cr/german-language-learning-pack-vol-2-t10899445.html

you can find them for other languages too, even really obscure/dead ones
>>
>>28380001
DA 9 VbIUCHIL RUSSKIJ 9ZbIK CHTOB ULUCHITb MEN9

A GDE U MEN9 DEVUSHKA

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28380724
OK. In that case I'll look into it.

>>28380805
A chjego ty pishjesh' 9 v mjesto 'ja'?
>>
>>28380601
>>28380654
duolingo hebrew course is coming soon
https://incubator.duolingo.com/courses/he/en/status

For myself I speak Dutch English Geman
bad at French learning Turkish and Korean
>>
Jokes on you because I know the most useful foreign language there is, Latin.
>>
>>28380001
I want to learn Spanish to meet girls like this.
>>
I learned jewish and I"m not rich yet. WTF? Can I sue the course maker for holocaust related?
>>
>>28380861
>9 v mjesto 'ja'
tak pisali nekotorbie iz nix s kotorbimi dotu igral
eto bilo 2 goda nazad
dazhe prishlosb mne proveritb kak '2 years ago' napisatb nado
>>
>>28380922

Ha. That's what General Tullius said. Then it became obsolete.
>>
everyone on 4chan speaks english
>>
>>28380950
Klassno. Ja kogda-to chital chto araby tozhe pishut cyfry v mesto bukv kogda latinskije bukvy izpol'zujut potomu chto nekotoryje zvuki tjazhelo perevisti.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.