[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just how easy is it to hang yourself? I don't mean jumping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1459982160808.png (77 KB, 320x285) Image search: [Google]
1459982160808.png
77 KB, 320x285
Just how easy is it to hang yourself?

I don't mean jumping from a height and snapping your neck but strangulation.
>>
>>28379832
Tie knot is hardest
>>
>>28379933
Yeah I'm not good with knots. I'm thinking about using two belts. At least then I could use buckles.
>>
File: 1460548070049.jpg (35 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1460548070049.jpg
35 KB, 540x720
Takes about 5 minutes to die, if you haven't broken your neck while falling.
Sad but true.
>>
>>28379975
I won't be falling. I'm tying belts to a beam then kind of sitting down.

I think Robin Williams went like this.
>>
Bump

(original text)
>>
>>28379975
5 minutes to die, but you'll pass out after 1-2 minutes
>>
File: image.jpg (389 KB, 2033x1350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389 KB, 2033x1350
Isn't the idea to snap neck for a quick death?
>>
>>28380307
That's one way. The other is strangulation.

Does breaking your neck really kill you? I guess it would just paralyze you but I'm probably wrong. But I'd be too scared to try it.
>>
pretty difficult. whatever method u use don't try burning or drinking bleach.

Drowning voluntarily aswell is difficult, your body self preservation will kick in like crazy in your final conscious seconds, if you survive it through struggle you'll guarantee to never want to kys ever again.
A good method is getting piss drunk with some tabs, and just fall off a tall building
>>
>>28379832
actually its not very easy you'll probably panic when you start to feel yourself starting to pass out from lack of oxygen, I don't really want to go into it but in my experience a noose tends to choke more than hit the spots that will knock you out quickly and that kind of makes it more difficult too to just go with it
>>
>>28380307
It's a lot harder to pull off though.
You need to get the measurements right.
>>28380448
Depends how tall the building is.
>>28380542
If you do it properly, you can cut off blood flow without cutting off your airway, so you pass out before you start to strangle.
>>
>>28380307
naw, there's different types of hanging
>suspension
basically a noose is tied and you're gradually lifted up and get strangled over the next 10-20 mins
>short drop
much like suspension, but they just take out the foothold from underneath. death by strangulation
>standard drop
this was the one initially developed to snap the neck and grant a quicker death
>long drop
similar, but with more rope. sometimes was so intense it'd actually decapitate the condemned once the rope got taut
>>
I'm so scared of fucking it up and becoming a vegetable. How do i maximize my chances?
Also, i don't really have any rope available, all i have is way too short. Would a guitar cable work? It seems pretty sturdy and i'm quite light.
>>
>>28380790
>how do i maximize my chances?
Ensure no one is around for the next couple hours. Your body starts to thrash around once you've lost consciousness.

Choose a support that won't break and tie a knot that won't come undone.
>>
>>28379832
With enough pressure on the carotid artery, you can faint in 10 seconds, there will be some twitching, but your conscience will be long gone, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>28380622
>If you do it properly, you can cut off blood flow without cutting off your airway, so you pass out before you start to strangle.
Could you explain a bit more about that?
>>
File: businesspepe.jpg (24 KB, 317x432) Image search: [Google]
businesspepe.jpg
24 KB, 317x432
>>28379832

Pretty fucking easy desu.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d23_1376366963

Shotgun is much easier though. There's not really a good reason to commit suicide any way other than with a shotgun unless you have access to high quality euthanasia drugs.
>>
>>28382233
Interesting. I'd like to go like this.
>>
File: devilish pepe.jpg (59 KB, 600x760) Image search: [Google]
devilish pepe.jpg
59 KB, 600x760
>>28379933
>>28379974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwsJXbS_Ok

I found some spare rope upstairs last week and out of curiousity wanted to learn to tie a noose. I used this video. Just pause and rewind a few times if you need to, it's got good and easy to follow instructions.
>>
>>28380307
is that real? where was thepicture taken if real?
>>
>>28382427
Fuck that shit, too hard
>>
>>28382427
Warning: only use hangman's knot if you're planning to do a long drop and break your neck. Hangman's knot is horrible for applying pressure on the neck, so it could take longer to faint.

With short drop/Robin Williams style, you should use the simplest noose knot.
>>
Traumatic violence like breaking the neck or crushing the throat is absolutely not necessary. What you want to do is compress the arteries in your neck; the brain needs a LOT of oxygen and with restricted blood flow you can quickly become light headed and pass out. Look up grappling and submission chokes for examples of how this works and what it looks / feels like.

A basic example of how to choke yourself this way would be to tie a belt on one end, lean against a wall and pull it tight until you pass out. Then your legs give out and your body weight finishes the job. It's so easy a child can do it.
>>
>>28382680
>It's so easy a child can do it.
Could you explain it to someone whose retarded?
>>
>>28383041
It's easier to show.

>>28382233
this guy ^ nailed it
>>
Why hang when you can catch the train?

Literally the most painless way to go
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.