[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here believes in immortals? Do any of you happen to be immortals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1461179595841.jpg (43 KB, 486x693) Image search: [Google]
1461179595841.jpg
43 KB, 486x693
Who here believes in immortals? Do any of you happen to be immortals? G-string n-no trolling k.
>>
>>28379318
lao tsu was said to have been a master in the Way. one day he went over the mountains towards the horizon and never came back. nobody but he himself knows why.

transcendence is immorality. a long physical life is cool and all, but where is the glory in being bound to a body?
>>
File: 435389797.png (516 KB, 550x604) Image search: [Google]
435389797.png
516 KB, 550x604
>>28380075
you're pushing it
>>
>>28380109
in what way? mysticism is about transcending the body, ultimately the physical reality in union with the Truth.
>>
>>28380075
I second this, but there is a sort of dankness in the idea of being in this earth for a thousand years.
But I doubt immortals would be browsing /r9k/ unless one of them found this place to be the actual signature of modern society.
>>
>>28380344
They'd be on reddit doing an immortal AMA
>>
>>28380075
first post best
>>
>>28379318
I believe that advances in Bioengineering have come along a lot farther than we're let on. I have absolutely no evidence backing my claim up, but it's just a matter of common sense to me. If you were a member of the global elite, why wouldn't you invest resources into maintaining and extending your own life?
>>
>>28380395
How did that not get eaten up by the fucking robot?
>>
>>28380631
If this were true then Steve Jobs, one of the richest men on the planet at the time of his death and the leader of one of the global elites best brainwashing companies, would not have died from cancer at a relatively young age.
>>
>>28380706
To be fair, he deliberately avoided treatment during the early stages of his cancer. You could say he did the complete opposite of trying to live forever
>>
>>28380647
apparently nobody wrote "first post best" yet
>>
>>28379318
I have no reason to believe I'm mortal. I haven't died yet.

Look up "Quantum Immortality"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.