[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't understand reddit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1458151390956.jpg (160 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
1458151390956.jpg
160 KB, 1280x852
how is conversation even possible on a website with upvotes/downvotes? i don't get it. i'm used to just reading posts in order.
>>
File: 2.jpg (184 KB, 625x508) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
184 KB, 625x508
>>28374763

>caring about reddit in any form

If its so great then go back to the fucking site. Nobodys keeping you here

F U C K O F F
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 284x177
>>28374763
You are notified of replies to your comments in your inbox.
Comments replies remain attached to the parent comment regardless of votes they just get temporarily hidden if their are a lot of replies or the comment is heavily downvoted.
>>
>>28374763
Yeah reddit is a real piece of shit.

To me this is all about talking to other people like myself, so where karma points comes into the equation, I just don't understand. This place has it's problems, some people seem to think that the whole point of this place is memes. That can get pretty annoying, just talk normally you fool hearty devil you.
>>
inb4 a million people who actually know how reddit works and will give OP advice

god this board is dead
>>
I honestly don't understand how that site is so popular.

Seems like most people would be turned off immediately by its layout.
>>
>writing keywords in the subject field and not the comments
I fucking hate this shit. There are currently two threads discussing reddit that have gotten past my filter.
>>
>>28374763
Reddit is just one giant circle jerk they love to say how open and accepting they are but as soon as you post something that disagrees with what the hive mind thinks you are downvoted into oblivion. Granted there are some tiny subreddits where the community's aren't as hostile but then you could wait days to get a response if one at all. Basically the two ways to play Reddit are continue the circle jerk or make puns.
>>
>>28374763
Reddit is for normies who need self validation of themselves or their beliefs via circlejerking.
>>
>>28376475
Never forget digg.
>>
>>28376339
>inb4 a million people who actually know how reddit works and will give OP advice
I know how it works. That's exactly why I can say it sucks
>>
>>28374763
Reddit is not for discussion. It's so people can find like-minded people, compete with eachother for karma while furiously down-voting anyone who visits their sub and disagrees with their views.
>>
>>28377636
What about just finding cool shit to look at ignoring all conversations
>>
>>28374763
i went to reddit once and i had a pretty good reason too. I was learning to draw and fuck /ic/
i never got how it works, everything i uploada got between 8 and 10 likes regardless or quality or effort and the only comment i ever got was someone complaining about it to the level of its shit but never the same person.
I got tired after a month because nobody was helping and left, i dont down why someone would either up or downvote my drawing when all i wanted was help
>>
>>28377801
>i dont down why someone would either up or downvote my drawing when all i wanted was help

I think redditors feel they MUST either downvote or upvote whatever post they come across, and unless it's already upvoted, people think it's bad and will downvote it. I occasionally browse a language learning sub and I've noticed what you describe as well.
>>
>>28377853
i cant eve begin to understand how a language learning sub reddit would work, you would probably have more luck asking around int
but yeah after a while it became just goin there every morning to see if anyone commented something only to see the voted where at either 10 or 8 because somehow someone always got triggered if my upvote number wasnt 9 for some reason. When the drawing was old i made a new one and everything started all over again
>>
>>28377949
nah /int/ is pretty shitty. You can browse a sub long enough and eventually you'll come across someone who knows what he's talking about and posts informative stuff, but I stay the hell away from conversing or trying to argue with people.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.