[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots who play osrs? I'm genuinely curious if there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 2007_login_screen-21171343.jpg (217 KB, 765x503) Image search: [Google]
2007_login_screen-21171343.jpg
217 KB, 765x503
Any robots who play osrs? I'm genuinely curious if there are fellow robots who love this type of nostalgia.
>>
I played hardcore like 2 months ago but got tired of it once I got stats to 70. It was only fun when I was much younger and had a bunch of friends that played it but now it just feels like a job when I play it. I miss being younger and having fun training fishing for 4 hours straight
>>
>>28373784
Yes I do, but not for nostalgia anymore
>>
If they were to change XP gain to 1.5 or 2x I would sub again, but as it is I'm just not interested for grinding that long.
>>
>>28374147
There's a /v/ server that does 2.25x xp gain and infinite sprint, but it's still missing a lot of features from 2007, particularly quests. Also pretty meme-ridden.
>>
>>28374199
I don't want to play with /v/ ever.
>>
>>28373784
im playing right now. training some hunter so i can do monkey madness 2. I just started playing again today after taking a couple month break.
>>
I'll probably be on sometime this weekend. Add me: TheLens
>>
>>28373784
>>>sythe.org
>>
File: 1453295628538.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1453295628538.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>>28373784
Would love to play it, but plebbit community turned me off from it.
It wasn't the content or memes or whatever, the sub is pretty cool and i visit it from time to time.

The posts about bans turned me off. Guy gets permaban for being offensive. All the work he put into his account in 2 years, just gone. Because he was acting stupid a few times.

FUCK OFF TUMBLR FEMINIST OFFENDED SAFE SPACE MYSOGONY FUCK MOD SHITS.

If i scream my lungs out and flame for 30 minutes straight in a game of CS:GO or Dota2, the worst i can get is 24hour mute or suspension.

The thought that i can lose all the work i put into my account by accidentally saying something like "hitler did nothing wrong" without realizing that there is a mod nearby just turned me off from the game forever.

I would love to play osrs, but i need my freedom.
If someone is pj-ing me, i need to be able to call him a shit nigger cocksucker retard without fearing that i may lose my account forever in which i put a lot of time and work in.
>>
>>28373784
Yep. I also have the whole 650 track soundtrack on my phone to listen to at nught. Very comfy.
>>
>>28373784
Monkey Madness II came out today. There's a general thread on /vg/ too. Everyone is a sad autistic loser.
>>
>>28373784
I would play with other robots but I am not going to play solo.
>>
>>28375328
W-would you play with me?
>>
it still feels different. it seems like back when I played people talked a lot more. now it feels like no one talks and when they do its just to spout memes. there was one guy that gave me money because I'm a poor fag
>>
>>28376460
Agreed. It was different when you and everybody else were pre/early teens. Grinding was fun in its own way because you were surrounded by conversations. Everybody made up stories and awkwardly flirted. Now it's like everybody is glued to their phones, just like in real life.
>>
>>28376418
yeah man. are you already playing or are you going to make a new character? i havent played in years.
>>
>>28377966
I play every now and then, but responsibilities prohibit me from playing as much as I'd like. I'll probably be on sometime this weekend, and more frequently during the summer.

Coming back for the first time in forever is the best. Everything is new again but in a nostalgic way. All the quests you forgot about, mining copper South of Lumby for the first time, the soundtrack, so many memories.
>>
RS3 - "ibanter" add meh
>>
Yes but I only play ultimate ironmeme now, way funner than normie accs desu
>>
>>28374199
>2.25x xp gain and infinite sprint
Exactly why it's pure fucking shit. If you think those are good things then you should literally an hero.
>>
File: osrs stats.png (249 KB, 1087x678) Image search: [Google]
osrs stats.png
249 KB, 1087x678
I play too
>>
>>28376460
This. It started in 2007 with the GE, trade limit, stake limit, and removal of PKing. This took out all of the significant player-to-player interaction. Even when some of these things were reverted, the community was permanently changed, and the GE remained.
In the early days OSRS was better, I think the GE is what ruined the OSRS community too.
The GE is pure fucking cancer and every jmod that is responsible for the GE should be fired and imprisoned for life.
>>
>>28379481
Update to this pic, just got 94 mage yesterday
>>
>>28379481
>can't afford primordials
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Nice stats though, I like that you're not one of those low def faggots.
>>
>>28379518
Those boots are waste of money.

Also spent 30m on 94 mage so i'm broke af rn
>>
File: Capture.png (439 KB, 597x833) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
439 KB, 597x833
Join the official r9k chat lads.
>>
>>28379555
>best boots in game
>waste of money
Sounds like poorfag excuse to me. I don't have prims either but it's only because I don't have 75str. Prims are cheap as fuck.
>tfw only have like 16m total xp but my bank is worth like 430m
GET FUCKED POORFAGS
>>
Reminder that if your bank value in gp is less than 10x your total xp, you are POOR
>>
>>28379656
25m for stats that don't make a difference, waste of money.

Bank is like 150m, i'm not a ddosing scamming staker fag boi like u
>>
>>28379614
Nah bro, my pvm clan chat >>
>>
>>28379778
>stats that don't make a difference
Stay jealous poorfag.
>ddosing scamming staker fag boi
I'm completely heterosexual, I have never ddosd and I have never scammed. You are just jealous that I know how to stake and merchant, faggot.
>tfw turned 25m bank into 430m in a little over 2 months
>tfw I'm not even a no-lifer
>>
>>28379863
>Merching in oldschool

FUCKING KEK YOU CAN'T MERCH IN OSRS L0OL.

Merching only exists in RS3
>>
>>28379778
>150m
POOR
O
O
R
>>
>>28379883
Real merching doesn't exist in either game now that the GE exists in both. It technically still exists in RSC but the economy there is too slow for it to be very viable. Pseudo-merchanting in OSRS is no different than it is in RS3. Regardless, I make most of my money staking. I've made like 350m-380m net profit staking, and 30m-40m merchanting.
>>
nope i got banned
plus they added ge and all
>>
Made 150m pvming while you cucks made it doing things that require no skill kek
>>
>>28380047
>implying pvm requires skill
>implying staking and winning ~85% of the time doesn't require skill
>>
>>28380086
>Rng requires skill
kekked
>>
>>28377883
>Grinding was fun in its own way because you were surrounded by conversations
fucking normalfilth
>>
File: NcaGDjb.jpg (18 KB, 462x409) Image search: [Google]
NcaGDjb.jpg
18 KB, 462x409
>>28380220
>having enough social skills to interact online with fellow spergs makes you a normie
>>
Why are bonds so expensive
>>
Im about to log in now
Pm me
Yoon53
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.