[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choice excerpts from my medical records
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6
File: shit-doc-2.jpg (981 KB, 1890x1890) Image search: [Google]
shit-doc-2.jpg
981 KB, 1890x1890
I recently received my medical records from my psychiatrist (I see him again on Monday; this will be a fun discussion) and would like to read you some choice excerpts of his reports of our sessions. We do not like each other at all, and frequently argue and yell at each other.

So without further ado:
>My concern is that he is taking other medications, as he is knowledgeable about meds and appears perhaps to be too smart for his own good
>Client states that the best combo he has ever been on was lamictal and latuda, but then he says that the latuda made things worse. He also says that Prozac made it "impossible for me to concentrate on anything."
>He says that clonazepam is the only thing that ever worked for me [he left out the context of this statement which was in regards to treating my anxiety issues]
>In November he told me that he has never had auditory hallucinations, but now tells me that he hears them frequently [ignoring the phone call I made to him 2 months ago telling him I was having auditory hallucinations]
>another comment about how I told him that latuda worked for me at one point but then stopped working and made things worse
>no signs of anxiety other than him endorsing it [earlier in the report he notes that I told him that I was on clonazepam during the appointment]
>he exhibits significant manipulative and drug seeking behavior so his insight may be higher than what is being displayed [this will require a separate post to adequately explain]
>client tells me he experiences akathisia on Geodon and describes it as "unbearable inner restlessness" which I suspect he read online and is repeating verbatim
>another comment about not attending to my endorsed anxiety despite noting again that I was on clonazepam at the time of the appointment
>He had a muscle twitch at the side of his mouth when he became angry and he appears to have difficulty controlling his anger and interacting appropriately with others [the twitch is the only basis for this]
>>
Give this original post attention please
>>
>>28374085
Give us the interesting parts, where's the stories? Who gives a fuck about your vague and extremely uneventful mental health history?
>>
>>28374194
>Give us the interesting parts, where's the stories?
What do you mean by stories?
>>
Are you faking for meds then or not?
>>
>>28374279
>Are you faking for meds then or not?
No. I asked him for clonazepam one time because I've been on tons of shit for anxiety medication and benzos, clonazepam in particular, are the only things that have ever managed it. He repeatedly asks me what I think would treat my anxiety and what has worked before and I tell him that. He then writes reports full of shit taken out of context and things I just didn't say to push the agenda that I'm a drug seeker.

I've told him multiple times that if I wanted clonazepam or any benzo I could simply buy it. I've also never presented any symptoms of withdrawal.
>>
>>28374325
Ok it sounds like you're faking us now
>>
>>28374342
>faking us now
What?
>>
>>28373745
i wish more psychs were like this tbo. and we really need to teach kids not to believe that drugs are the answer to every little fantasized problem.
>>
File: i have a problem.jpg (118 KB, 671x664) Image search: [Google]
i have a problem.jpg
118 KB, 671x664
>>28374366
>>28374342
>>28374279
If I had a problem I think I would have fewer of these left.
>>
>>28374512
filename literally says you have a problem
>>
>>28374219
I mean the definition of the word stories anon. You arent saying anything whatsoever. If your mental health is fucked, what have you done thats interesting to hear about? If you haven't got any stories why the fuck did you make the thread?
>>
>>28374643
I've never had a psychotic break like a schizo so there's nothing you would enjoy hearing.

I made it to laugh at my retard psychiatrist.
>>
>claims to have mental health problems
>rather than go out and face his issues, and over come them he cries to his doctor about wanting drugs to dull the world

Degenerate
>>
>>28374664
He doesn't seem retarded. Seems pretty switched on desu.
>>
You sound intelligent and insightful. You probably make him feel inferior and hes trying to stop those feelings within himself.
Doctors have some of the biggest egos.
>>
can't you just talk to your psychiatrist like a civilized human being?
stop getting mad. it's not productive, makes you look like an idiot and makes everyone stop caring about your bullshit.
if he's wrong about something, calmly tell him why he's wrong and just fucking communicate.
>>
>>28374699
There are only a few ways to treat anxiety, friend. Therapy (specifically CBT), and medications (antidepressants with anxiolytic properties, nonbenzo anxiolytics like hydroxyzine, antipsychotics with anxiolytic effects, and benzos).
He has all my medical records from my past psychiatrists. He has prescribed me numerous nonbenzo medications to manage it. I have been in CBT multiple times. None have worked.

Instead of trying to help me, he decides to fabricate a narrative that paints me as a drug seeker and benzo addict despite no evidence of this. I have offered to take any form of drug test he wants, but he refuses to do so, yet still paints me as a drug addict benzo seeker.

>>28374708
Maybe. There is a comment on every report about how I'm "too intelligent for his own good" or I "know too much about medications and his illnesses."

>>28374737
>can't you just talk to your psychiatrist like a civilized human being?
I did, until he started calling me a drug addict and a liar.
>>
>>28374737
For example, for many visits he kept trying to tell me that antipsychotics take at least 4 weeks to start working, which I knew was false from both past experience and reading. Finally I had enough of it and told him that he was wrong, showed him multiple NIH articles proving that he was wrong, and he just told me I'm not well versed enough to understand what those articles mean.
>>
File: nat1460589753539.png (35 KB, 405x320) Image search: [Google]
nat1460589753539.png
35 KB, 405x320
just take your beta blocker and deal with it.
you don't sound like ypu really have anxiety problem. more like paranoia thoughts and some physical symptoms which can be fine with betablockers.
no you dont need benzos because they are the only thing that works. i used to say that too till i started taking betablockers and dealing with it.
>>
>>28374964
Betablockers don't work for everyone and when anxiety is severe enough (I don't feel like getting into this because I don't want to read a million shitposts) you can't just "deal with it."
>>
>>28374856
>For example, for many visits he kept trying to tell me that antipsychotics take at least 4 weeks to start working, which I knew was false from both past experience and reading. Finally I had enough of it and told him that he was wrong, showed him multiple NIH articles proving that he was wrong, and he just told me I'm not well versed enough to understand what those articles mean.
>antipsychotics take at least 4 weeks to start working

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>28375101
He also keeps trying to put me back on medications I have been on before that failed to be effective because "polypharmacy is what caused them to fail."
>>
>>28375264
why don't you see a real doctor?
>>
Maybe you wouldn't be so fucked up if you didn't eat Pillberry Crunch for breakfast every day.
>>
>>28375313
>why don't you see a real doctor?
Medicaid. Last visit I asked him for a referral to other psychiatrists in the area that take medicaid, and every single one was either fake or not accepting new patients.

I am stuck with him until he gets sick of me and discharges or transfer me to another psych in the building.
>>
>>28374995
>can't deal with something as basic and well understood as anxiety
that's where your own choice has consequences. you can still make retarded choices even if drugs did help.
>>
Doctors, especially psychiatrists, seem to have huge egos. They like to read into things and make reaching speculations to feel like they're smart, that they've "uncovered" something from having very little evidence. Same with therapists, they'll nag you about the same topic for months even if it doesn't effect you in any way because they think they'll eventually get a "breakthrough". They are always taken aback by anybody who knows anything about drugs, or has any self-knowledge whatsoever, because they operate under the assumption that they are the smartest and most achieved person in every room they enter- if there is someone who enters their office who has done his homework a bit and has some self-knowledge, they start to break down because it doesn't fit their system. No, no, no, THEY are the ones who break the news to you, who tell you what drug will work best at what exact dosage, they know everything about you from one or two meetings because they are just that smart and insightful.

I had similar things in my medical record, except I never requested any specific drug. Just the fact that I had so much knowledge about myself put her off, and she would write things like "too smart for his own good" and "thinks he knows a lot about himself", implying that she somehow knows me better than I do after my 20 years of living as me.

Anways I have given up on that nonsense. Exercise and eating right defeat depression, so I just do that and worry about things as they go. I don't need to the stupid drama of sensitive mental health counselors.
>>
>>28375427
>mfw it couldn't be any more clear that you're just projecting

exercise does treat depression better than any drug, but that should be obvious to anyone. people are just short sighted and lazy when it comes to freedom.
>>
>>28375427
>Exercise and eating right defeat depression
I run marathons on a regular basis. This is sometimes true, but not always.

>>28375412
>that's where your own choice has consequences. you can still make retarded choices even if drugs did help.
I don't know what you're getting at? You think I'm choosing to have anxiety or something?

If I could just get rid of it through willpower, then I would have done so. If I needed some help, then the multiple CBT sessions would have done something. If standard treatments besides benzos worked for me, then I would be taking them. I don't want to be this way; I want to get better. That's why I've invested so much time in learning about these subjects. That's why I'm continuing to see a psychiatrist that clearly does not want to help me because it's my /only/ option.
>>
>>28375475
>I am projecting because you don't like what I said.
Just my example m8. You don't have to take my word as fact, it's just my experience from seeing a couple therapists, a psychiatrist, and being unable to stand the few family members who do mental health counseling because they're so full of themselves.

I agree with that second part though. Literally any mental illness but schizophrenia can be nearly completely eradicated by eating right and exercising regularly.
>>
Op why do you think you have anxiety in the first place?

Go ahead I know you've thought about this.
>>
>>28375706
My last psych thought it was PTSD from abuse from every family member during childhood, ostracization and bullying by peers throughout my entire developmental years, single mother household, and my sister killing herself and me finding the body.

I don't know if it's PTSD. I think it's just a really bad case of social anxiety as a result of those things I just mentioned.
>>
>>28373745
>That pic
>I AM A SHIT DOCTOR
A coprologist?
>>
>>28375497
>choosing to have anxiety
no, but you are choosing to let it take over your life. reading about shit online is not an investment, and if you wanted to get better you wouldn't pull this attention whoring shit about how hopeless and trapped you are in your comfort zone/routine.

i would really like to believe you have a serious brain dysfunction. but it wouldn't be called anxiety if it made you this fucking stupid.

>>28375512
>doctors all have big egos (because i saw a couple therapists XD)
>therapists claim that you have the ego problem
c'mon man it isn't even an interesting conversation. 99% of doctors/therapists have stopped giving a shit a long time ago and just try to help out to the best of their knowledge which they will gladly admit is limited when there isn't enough information. you seem to just have those family problems and you look for reflections of them everywhere.
>>
>>28375895
>reading about shit online is not an investment, and if you wanted to get better you wouldn't pull this attention whoring shit about how hopeless and trapped you are in your comfort zone/routine.
Here's your reply I guess. You won't be getting anymore.
>>
>>28375918
keep begging for (You)'s online then lmao people will always see right through you
>>
I prescribe you one cc of bullet to the brain.
>>
>>28375754

What you described IS ptsd. Part of that is anxiety. Your anger is too.

Im afraid no pill is going to save you. Only make things worst.
Youre gonna have to do some soul searching.
>>
>>28376112
>Im afraid no pill is going to save you. Only make things worst.
>Youre gonna have to do some soul searching.
Neither is therapy, and yes, there is a single class of medications that helps the anxiety. I don't have anger issues in case you couldn't glean that from the OP.

I haven't explored all the treatment avenues for the PDD yet, but it is apparent that SSRIs simply are not going to cut it. The psych is unwilling to try anything else.

I also have issues with derealization/depersonalization and visual snow, but those are untreatable by anything other than therapy which has never helped.

What's wrong with me is largely irrelevant to the purpose of this thread, though.
>>
File: images (8)-1.jpg (15 KB, 152x143) Image search: [Google]
images (8)-1.jpg
15 KB, 152x143
I learned the hard way never to take mental-health related drugs that don't give you a noticeable positive effect on the first day. Things like Benzos and sleep aides are legit and you can honestly feel them working. But something like SSRIs? Fuck that shit. It's like, "Here, take this. We dont know what it does or how it works but maybe it'll help lmao. Oh, and it'll take about eight weeks to start working. Meanwhile your dick will be broken and you'll be shitting blood, but it's good for you! We promise! :^)" Never again.

And OP, I also suffer from bad social anxiety and CBT didn't do shit for me. I think it won't work if you're
>1) already very self-aware
and
>2) dealing with legitimate, objective flaws that kill your self-esteem

Why do we live like this? This isn't living.
>>
>>28375412
>people choose to feel irrationally, illogically, debilitatingly anxious
Lmao.
>>
You had a bad family life. Even your sister couldnt take it. Thats whats wrong with you.

You want a pill to sedate you?

I feel sorry for you, I dont know what can help you but I would stop looking into medical things and more into spiritual things.

If you want to do both take shrooms or something. But google it first, I know you're good at it.
>>
>>28377292
>But google it first, I know you're good at it.
Fuck you.

>If you want to do both take shrooms or something.
I've taken an ounce of shrooms at once, 50mg of DMT, and a 500ug hit of acid. I did all of these looking for a spiritual solution; I was hoping I could face whatever is eating at me during the trip.

It was fun, but ultimately accomplished nothing.
>>
>>28374805
He sounds like a smart, insightful man. Confront him on this. Tell him you have told him you were on the anxiety medications on the appointments. As a kicker, ditch the meds for the appointment
>>
>>28377333
Oh you sure you're not looking for more drugs?
>>
You want a fast fix and with your issues thats not going to happen.
Taking a shrooms trip once is not gonna solve all youre problems.

Idk maybe you need jesus.
>>
File: 1359953242416.png (6 KB, 227x191) Image search: [Google]
1359953242416.png
6 KB, 227x191
>>28377404
Considering I've only asked for a single drug one time and I still have 42 out of a prescription of 60 for a low dose more than a month later, yeah I think I'm not looking for more drugs.

Doing psychedelics one (time each) is not drug addict behavior, but you already knew that and you're just trying to troll me.

>>28377399
>He sounds like a smart, insightful man.
Yes, smart insightful men fabricate statements and take things out of context in order to push a narrative because they don't like you. I completely agree.

>Confront him on this. Tell him you have told him you were on the anxiety medications on the appointments. As a kicker, ditch the meds for the appointment
I fully intend on doing so. I would bring him my prescription bottles if I didn't think he was going to confiscate them.
>>
>>28377448
>You want a fast fix
I don't want a fast fix. I want him to stop wasting my time prescribing me things that do not work and have been shown to not work. I want him to start prescribing me things that I have not tried before and actually have a chance in hell of helping me.

If he wants to keep trying antidepressants then I want him to move to tricyclics or MAOIs. If those don't work then I want him to move to heavier options like ECT or TMS. I don't want to take more SSRI/SNRIs I've already taken. I don't want to keep taking antipsychotics I've already taken. I don't want to keep taking nonbenzo anxiolytics that I've already taken.

I want him to stop wasting my time and trying to push a narrative that isn't based in reality simply because he doesn't like me or he's angry that I know anything about what's wrong with me and the medications that treat it.
>>
Oh maybe its not the doctor but YOU who has the ego problem who has to be the smartest in the room.
>>
>>28377466
Do it anyways, pussy. You're a child warping your reality to suit and protect your ego if you cannot understand why your therapist might believe you're lying to him, if you refuse to utilize your theory of mind. Hoard a couple and use some discipline, use some tact with where you use them before you get more
>>
>>28377466
So you arent taking your medications?

And you claim it doesnt work?
>>
>>28377548
What the fuck are you talking about? I haven't taken a single benzo in the last three weeks.

>>28377538
>Oh maybe its not the doctor but YOU who has the ego problem who has to be the smartest in the room.
If I thought I was smarter then him then I wouldn't keep going back to him. I would just buy what I wanted online and self-medicate.

>>28377595
What?

I'm talking about the benzo.
>>
>>28374696
yea op youre sketchy as fuck.

my p-doc gives me xanax,kpin,zopiclone and dexerdrine. he knows im a drug abuser and have been in hospital for an OD on meds he gave me.

ive known him since i was 16, 22 now. lots of trial and error and him canceling meds on me.

but i have always been truthful.

ive never suggested meds as the only fix. ivex always ssid i know i neeed to put effort in

my doctor also isnt just a doc who wildly throws pills out. hes been awarded multiple psychiatrist awards and works with a few universites
>>
>>28377466
you do indeed have trust issues tho, certainly not paranoia
>>
>>28377616
Have you ever seen a medicaid doctor? Private psychiatrists are absolutely incomparable.

>>28377638
>you do indeed have trust issues tho, certainly not paranoia
Why would I trust someone who lies in official documentation about the things I've said to him in confidence?
>>
Ok youre clearly bipolar , have schizoid tendencies and have a personality disorder.

Stop yelling at your doctor.
>>
>>28373745
Sorry to burst your story, but no doctor writes at the 4th grade level, like you just did. might want to hire an editor to fix your copy pasta.
>>
Ok so what do you want from him? Stop writing bad notes about you?
How bout you have a CALM mature conversation with him about it.

Why did you ask for your records in the first place?
>>
>>28377788
Show me your license to practice and I'll consider it.

>>28377816
Do you want me to post time-stamped images of the reports?

>>28377822
I intend on talking to him about his lies on Monday when I see him.

I asked for them because I suspected he was doing something like this after his comments in the last appointment.
>>
>>28377852
Whoa whoa whoa dont go in there angrey and calling him a liar.

Whats were his comments in that last appoitment
>>
>>28377902
>Whats were his comments in that last appoitment
"I think you have been making up symptoms you read online for increasingly severe disorders in an attempt to manipulate me into prescribing you Klonopin."
"I think the bulk of your real issues are from benzo withdrawal."

>Whoa whoa whoa dont go in there angrey and calling him a liar.
I won't. I'm going to discuss the inaccuracies, statements taken out of context, and fabrications with him.
>>
>>28377948
Ok how long have you been taking medications?
>>
>>28378031
>Ok how long have you been taking medications?
8 years.
>>
You Doctor seems like he just legitimately does not like you. I read a lot of people's medical and psych records as part of my job and they almost never come off this negative and condescending. It's pretty unprofessional imo.

Although, i'd never thought of it this way before but I guess it'd be a really shitty part of a shrink's job to have to sit there and listen to someone you find insufferable prattle on about their shitty, boring problems.. But they get paid well I suppose.
>>
And the one you want has worked for you the best?

Thats a long time you should have found your combo by now.

What, is 3 months on each medication a good time span to decide if its right for you?
>>
>>28375101
You're a drug seeker fa sho
>>
>>28378075
Well they argue a lot. Op likes to read online and he gets ideas in his head.
>>
>>28373745
Sounds like the world would be better without you
>>
Guys lets not be too hard on him.

Op what else besides meds are you doing to try to fix this. R u a robot? Do you stay home a lot?
>>
>>28378104
>And the one you want has worked for you the best?
For curbing anxiety? Yes. It is the only CLASS that has worked. I do not really care if it is clonazepam, alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, etc. These are the only kind of drugs that have ever helped with the anxiety, period.

For the other symptoms I would be willing to try and wait long enough to see if they are effective. This is around 2 weeks for an antipsychotic and 8 weeks an antidepressant.

>Thats a long time you should have found your combo by now.
The issue is that things have deteriorated as time has gone on and most of the medications I've been on have just stopped working after awhile. For example, I was on 900mg of lithium for about 3 months, and it was incredibly helpful, but then it just stopped being effective even after being upped to 1200mg.

>>28378125
>Op likes to read online and he gets ideas in his head.
There is literally nothing wrong with understanding the medications you may be prescribed and the illnesses you have been diagnosed with.

Again, if I thought I was smarter than him I would simply stop seeing him.
>>
>>28373745
>We do not like each other at all, and frequently argue and yell at each other.
So why do you see him? Why not make a complaint? You're in therapy because you need help and if your therapist fails in giving you therapy, you should see another therapist.
>>
>>28378191
>Op what else besides meds are you doing to try to fix this. R u a robot? Do you stay home a lot?
Nothing I guess. I've tried just willing the problems away and that was useless. I've tried using psychedelics to help me face the issues, but the trips didn't end up helping. I've tried multiple rounds of therapy and that has never been helpful, and in fact has been harmful.

I don't go out much because it's incredibly hard for me to be around people... My windows are boarded up and my door is barred with a chair.

>>28378227
>So why do you see him?
I explained earlier that I don't have a choice. That facility is the only one in the area.
>Why not make a complaint?
It's a public healthcare facility. It wouldn't matter. The doctor's word against the mentally ill guy's word.
>>
>>28378192
Oh well then yeah you should be on it. You were on it and it was working and he just stop prescribing it?

Is this one gonna stop working too?

What if none of these pills ever totaly work?

And dont you want another dr?
>>
>>28378306
>Oh well then yeah you should be on it. You were on it and it was working and he just stop prescribing it?
Yes and no. I was on it when I was seeing my last doctor (I moved) and it was working, then I had to see him and he gave me a "bridge script" of a much smaller dose than what I was previously taking, and then refused to ever prescribe it to me again.

>Is this one gonna stop working too?
Maybe. Who knows? I haven't had a consistent supply of it long enough to determine that. I am sure I would develop a tolerance eventually, but I don't know if it would just stop working like the other medications.

>What if none of these pills ever totaly work?
Then I guess I'm fucked, but we're not at that point yet. If I've tried everything and nothing helps then maybe I'll try MDMA since I've read quite a few papers that suggest that it is effective in treating PTSD (if that is what I actually have).

>And dont you want another dr?
Yes, but I don't have a choice.
>>
>>28378402
How long have you been seeing this dr?

When was your last appoitment? How much time is in between appoitmens on average.
>>
>>28378560
>How long have you been seeing this dr?
8 months
>When was your last appoitment?
March
>How much time is in between appoitmens on average.
2 months and a week or so.
>>
>>28378284
Oh willing it away didnt work???

Ok well what else can you do that helps anxiety?
Are you depressed too?
>>
>>28378645
>Ok well what else can you do that helps anxiety?
Nothing.
>Are you depressed too?
I've already said yes.
>>
>>28373745
Your doctor seems pretty in the know.
He's absolutely fucking right, even considering what you are commenting in your defense.

This doesn't look good.
>>
>>28378737
Ok can you tell me why you think you have anxiety. Not the cause but what are things you do and feel and think.
>>
>>28378798
Lying and insulting the client is definitely the sign of a medical professional who knows what he's doing.

>>28378820
Constantly looking behind me and around me to find the people I think are glaring at me.
Constantly feel eyes on me when there is a possibility of someone seeing me.
Sweating and shaking whenever interacting with another person.
Feel like I need to run away from the people that are looking at me/talking to me because I think they're going to hurt me.
Every single possible place people could be staring at, I think they are there. This means every house, every window, every car, even my peephole in my door.
etc.
>>
>>28379253
Then give me an alternative treatment.

And I need to see him for the other issues.
>>
>>28378868
Why are they staring at you?
>>
>>28379379
>people that are looking at me/talking to me because I think they're going to hurt me.
>>
>>28379396
Why do they want to hurt you?
>>
>>28379447
I don't know

If I knew it would be easier to solve.
>>
>>28379463
Ok well why would anyone try to hurt you? Give me any reasons you can think of
>>
Go on a mad testosterone and trenbolone cycle
>>
>>28379352
Sorry I deleted my post. Which is a testament to not having any viable alternative treatments for anxiety. What helps me is either being alone or being around encouraging people (meaning not being around psychos helps because we are probably vulnerable), taking B vitamins helps immensely (I suspect a lot of this stems from low dopamine), sleeping at the right time helps as it regulates your hormones and stuff, going for a long walk every day and getting some sun helps (you already said you ran, so do some movement regularly that's good), but ultimately I'm very sorry to say life has not gotten better in a long time and I don't think it ever will. The people I love shit all over me and I'm immobilised and can't do anything. Everything is scary, everything is sad. I plan on growing poppies and having some opium tea which unlike benzos has no long term side effects other than a bit of constipation and of course addiction. Anyway, good luck anon.
>>
>>28379507
>Ok well why would anyone try to hurt you? Give me any reasons you can think of
I don't have any good reason for thinking it, and even if I did have the reasons, I still get anxiety from the depersonalization/derealization. Imagine having episodes lasting months where you don't recognize yourself when you look in the mirror and everything feels like a dream or a movie. Like watching a 60fps film while you're used to seeing 24fps ones.

>>28379531
>What helps me is either being alone or being around encouraging people
I don't have anyone encouraging.
>I suspect a lot of this stems from low dopamine
I doubt it's a result of low dopamine. It's more likely that low dopamine is a result of it.
>but ultimately I'm very sorry to say life has not gotten better in a long time and I don't think it ever will. The people I love shit all over me and I'm immobilised and can't do anything. Everything is scary, everything is sad. I plan on growing poppies and having some opium tea which unlike benzos has no long term side effects other than a bit of constipation and of course addiction.
Well fuck me then.
>>
>>28379755
Im in canada so im not sure if this will help but I could always get benzos prescribed from a regular doctor, never needed to see a psychiatrist. is this something that is possible in the US?
>>
>>28381080
>is this something that is possible in the US
No PCP will prescribe you psychiatric medication beyond SSRIs.
>>
>>28381097
Benzos are not psychiatric medications?
They aren't just used for anxiety they are used for alcohol withdrawal and such but if you say they wont then :/. Unfortunate. Your psychiatrist does seem like they are not on your side however there are many cases where people DO fake symprtoms and such and scam doctors and if this has happened to your psichiatrist this could be a reason why hes super suspicious
>>
>>28381510
>Benzos are not psychiatric medications?
They are. I said you won't get any psych meds from a primary care physician except SSRI antidepressants.

I don't care if he has seen drug seekers a million and one times. It's obvious I'm not one.
>>
>>28373745
You know what it sounds like?
Your doctor thinks you're malingering. He thinks you're lying to get drugs and sympathy, and have an excuse. Which means one of two things.
If you are a lying sack of shit, fuck you. You should kill yourself, because your drawing resources, time and care away from those that absolutely need it. Plus, you're part of the reason everyone thinks mentall illness is bullshit.
>They just want sympathy
>They just want drugs they can buy legally
>They want an excuse, an alibi.

Or, if you're telling the truth, and are mentally ill, you need a new doctor, who is actually interested in helping you. Anybody who's lived with it wishes they didn't, especially those of us who didn't get treatment until well after we needed it. The more normal it becomes, the easier it becomes, and the less stigma that's associated with it, the better.
>>
>>28374325
You dude
Psych major here
Also looking into a double degree (an Aussie thing) so I can do medical science
Anyway,
One of my lecturers recently did a meta-analysis of the long-term effects of benzodiazepines
The residual (even after getting off!!) long term effects are the equivalent in terms of alcoholic damage to 10 years of haphazard drinking
Even short term use causes long term effects
That's fucking huge dude
I would get off them right now tbqhfam
My lecturer is a prestigious-ish guy in the psych community, so I trust him btw
>>
>>28375895
Shit like this is why I'm slowly migrating to /pol/
They're crazy but at least they aren't crybabies like the majority of my population
I'm genuinely fucking terrified of what we're going to do to the world - how badly we will tear down the work of the millions before us.
>>
>>28385016
You full of shit, nigger. DOI or it didn't happen.
>>
>>28373745
Brah people like you make me feel good about myself, holy shit grow up.
>>
>>28385016

You have to consider the effects of disease too dude, it's not so simple in medicine. Besides that OP is a consumer and should be allowed to make medical decisions as he pleases. The physician's role begins and ends at patient education. Once op understands the risks and benefits the Dr shouldn't do anything more than write the desired prescriptions. This attitude of 'I know what's best for you' is what's wrong with medicine. Why can't these faggots mind their own business and do their fucking job.

I take Adderall and for the past 6 months I ask for clonidine because I'm consistently prehypertensive and I read it used off label to treat adhd, I'm thinking it will lower bp, improve sleep, and maybe I can go from 10mg amphetamine tid to bid with it. They always give the same 'ur 2 yung 4 bp meds cuz only 27, me no best, le diet nd xrsize gud xd'. Fucking hell, aside from specialists doctors are useless. Just set up a kiosk at Walgreens with WebMD and everyone could prescribe their own shit. Just have them sign some kind of informed consent bullshit for scheduled drugs where they acknowledge risks and let people do as they please.
>>
So he's telling the truth and you do not like it?
>>
It's people like you who make it hard for people with legit disorders get the medications they need, OP.
>>
>>28385361

How so? It's the lazy doctor who won't just write the prescription he's told to.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.