[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a project for summer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: gokart.jpg (123 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gokart.jpg
123 KB, 640x480
Hello, robots.

I need a project for summer. What should I do/build? Every summer I plan on doing something cool but I always give up after a while. This summer I will try to finish it even if it's just something small. I think it would be nice. I might do a video about it if someone would be interested.

I'm thinking of either building a small sail boat or get a lawnmower motor and build a gokart but I might have to scale down.

Any suggestions?

Also, post in this thread if you wanna do a summer project and need ideas or motivation. I think it's a great thing to do, even if it's just something small.

Thanks and good luck!
>>
>>28372706
Build a robo gf
>>
File: desktop-1427916594.jpg (68 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1427916594.jpg
68 KB, 650x366
suicide helmet
>>
Do whatever you like anon, both sound pretty fun and cool. I usually spend most of my summer in my room in front of my computer which is always an option too.
>>
>>28372706
weedwhacker engine + rollerskates
>>
>>28372706
Normal, high functioning human being with strong friendships and qt gf here

Building a small sailboat sounds really fucking hard, but way more impressive than building a go kart. Plus, when you tell people about it, they'll ask for a ride in it. Go karts to me seem immature, but if you are interested in motorized things, look into restoring an old motorcycle. Riding is a great way to meet new people, and is a very inclusive community (partly because you can let your bike do the talking, in a way) and any girl will fall for the sight of a beatiful vintage motorcycle. I could go on forever about the psychological benefits and the way it forces you to be extremely "present" in the current moment which you can apply to other facets of life, but regardless, you should look into it.

Having a hobby/project like this is a great way out of isolation and a way to meet people, and nowadays as more and more normies spend huge amounts of time sitting in fromt of a computer screen, you'll actually be more interesting than them. Also, completing a project like this, or even just completing one step, will fill you with this great feeling of self-confidence, the true confidence that you can't fake, and there is no better feeling. Good luck, OP!
>>
File: sadlygokarts.png (225 KB, 640x366) Image search: [Google]
sadlygokarts.png
225 KB, 640x366
>>28372706
>OP when he finishes building his kart
Just buy a Miata as your project - one that needs fixed. It's basically a street legal gokart anyway.
>>
>>28372971
Yeah, that's what I wanna avoid. I always feel so sad after the summer, knowing I wasted it sitting inside when it's possible to do so many fun things. Having a project could make me look back at summer and remember some fun I had and have a feeling of accomplishment.
>>
>>28373006
Huh, motorized rollerskates? Or what are you suggesting?
>>
>>28373206
A motorcycle would be really fun, but I don't have a lot of money, so buying one would be kinda hard. I'll look into it though.

I was thinking of building the boat out of a skeleton of wood and then shape some glass fiber or plastic around it. Then everything else should be alright except for the sails, which would be kinda hard to come by. I think it's possible though. And like you said, a boat is the better alternative but a gokart is a lot easier if a boat is too much work.
>>
>>28373288
The fun thing about a gokart is I can drive it around wherever I want around where I live and make fast turns and stuff. An actual car is not so great for that. Also, I don't have much money and I want to build something.

I think it could be fun. Maybe someone would wanna try it and I could become friends with them.
>>
>>28372841
>>28372880
Not really interested, but thank you for your suggestions.
>>
Is anyone else here gonna do a project for summer?

I think it's a great way to do something and not feel like you wasted the whole summer. I think I would be happy I did it, even if I never finish it.
>>
>>28374347
I've been making things with a small forge and anvil I built recently. It's a lot of fun if you have access to some railroad spikes.
>>
>>28374428
Oh yeah! I wanted to do that last summer but when I looked around for metal to forge in my area, I found none. Maybe I should give it another try?

What do you use for a forge and anvil?
>>
>>28374462
I turned my old firepit into the heating source, and I mounted one of the large flat pieces I got with the ties onto a steel table.
I'd totally recommend giving it another try.If you want spikes try to walk near some tracks, sometimes they end up loose or get rattled out of place.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.