[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will 4chan be remembered?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1462304830848s.jpg (10 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
1462304830848s.jpg
10 KB, 250x229
This website has been around for quite a while 12 years or so? My question is how will 4chan be remembered in history? Will pepe and Wojak be displayed in a museum 30/100 years from now? Will the site fade into obscurity or will it be used to villianize or support whatever political movement takes place in future. Will it still be here while we are old and grey talking about how great the beginning of the millenium was?
>>
That dark web website with the doxxers and hackers and the racist
>>
>>28371010
nobody will remember this shit website.
>>
That depends on a lot of things. It seems to be going strong. Really I think it's the idea of Anonymous though that will persist. A medium to interact more or less invisibly with people from all over the world. Or even the idea of many minds merged into a single entity. Things like websites come and go, but ideas once they take off cannot be broken or destroyed.
>>
It'll be one of those things scrubbed for a politically correct future.

Hell, reading 4chan's wikipedia page you can see it's already being treated as "a weird place" without all the details.

Of course, it's probably going to fade into obscurity anyways.
>>
>>28371010
>Will pepe and Wojak be displayed in a museum 30/100 years from now?
I hope so, to bee honest.
Spurdo doo :DDDD
>>
>>28371010
don't know uh its gonna be one of those things history hipsters bring up and talk about to seem cool and obscure
>>
in 100 years there probably won't even be websites, they definitely won't talk about them or studying them

it'll be like telegrams are to us, a forgotten medium with its own culture and symbolism and shorthand, but entirely lost to time
>>
the internet will be remebered for lots of things, the crazy anarchist humor that emerged from imageboards will be one of those things, the credit will probably be taken by reddit or 9gag though.
4chan will remain something known only to the history enthusiast.
>>
>>28371219
mostly by people who post here regularly and the ones who literally live here
>>
File: 1444208291081.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444208291081.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>28371010
>My question is how will 4chan be remembered in history?
It will be "that weird and edgy place" unless it changes to something different. The change has already started even though it's pretty small at this point. One thing is sure, though: at least the early 4chan will be remembered for its anonymity and jokes ("memes") it created (although many of them will be credited to other sites, just like other anons already said).
>Will pepe and Wojak be displayed in a museum 30/100 years from now?
I hope so. One anon made a large canon pic that explains everything (at least almost), and seeing THAT in a museum would be great, future generations would learn about what one part of internet culture once was like (anonymous people inventing complex backstories for characters that originated as reaction images).
>Will the site fade into obscurity or will it be used to villianize or support whatever political movement takes place in future. Will it still be here while we are old and grey talking about how great the beginning of the millenium was?
I can't answer to these. Only time will tell, I think.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.