[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I convince my dad to get me a dog? He got my sister two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1462492268336.jpg (7 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
1462492268336.jpg
7 KB, 267x189
How do I convince my dad to get me a dog? He got my sister two cats (one ran away, one died) and now he thinks I'm going to let a dog just die. How do I show him I'm not my sister and that I just want a friend without embarrassing him about my failure of a social life?
>>
a. move out of your house, become an adult, buy your own dog

b. buy a plant, show you can care for a plant, bonus points if it bears fruit that is edible
>>
>>28370337
>move out of your house
Not an option. I'd end up homeless if I did that.

>b. buy a plant, show you can care for a plant, bonus points if it bears fruit that is edible
I want to convince my dad, if I did that he'd think I was fucking around.
>>
>>28370394
>Not an option. I'd end up homeless if I did that.

Christ, you're fucking stupid.
>>
>You must be 18 years or older to use this site
mods sleeping I see
>>
>>28370394
Why can't you get a job and rent an apartment somewhere?
>>
>>28370464
I'm schizoaffective and living off of dadbux and neetbux right now. I have no drive and even when I do get a job I manage to scare off customers.
>>
>>28370439
>>28370464
Mental illness

It's a disability recognized by the government.
>>
>>28370484
Are you OP? If so, that would explain a lot and I apologize for being a dick earlier then...
>>
Sorry OP but it kind of sounds like you shouldn't have a dog.
>>
>>28370484
This isn't OP I am >>28370483 but he's not wrong. Schizoaffective and PDD-NOS according to several doctors, I have one of those.

>>28370517
W-why?
>>
>>28370502
No. This is OP:>>28370483
>>28370517
>hurr mentally ill people cannot take care of animals
I'm disabled from mental illness too and I have 3 cats. I've had them for 10 years.
>>
>>28370322
What did your sister do to those cats?!
>>
>>28370550
The escaped one just ran away when the door was left open unbeknownst to anyone. The one that died was because when she went to college the cat developed an illness that the doctors couldn't figure out and just kept puking up all her food and just eventually kicked the bucket from what I presume was hunger.
>>
>>28370525
>>28370527
You don't sound responsible, I love dogs but they are a big commitment, much more than something like a cat which could pretty much just survive without you.
It's a living creature that needs love and care, if you have no drive then you'll probably stop giving it the attention it needs and just generally stop putting the effort in once it stops being new and exciting. Even if that excitement period lasts a year or two, having a dog is a 10+ year commitment which it seems is something you can't really comprehend right now. That's not even to mention that your life circumstances could change, then what?
Can you really say you can commit to at MINIMUM one walk a day every day for ten years? And that's minimum, they need stimulation and a dog can't watch tv.
I love dogs and too many people get them without actually thinking about the consequences.
>>
File: 1461444061447.jpg (42 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
1461444061447.jpg
42 KB, 500x633
>>28370322
Get a mouse to dj
>>
>>28370612
My grandparents had dogs while I was growing up and never walked them and hardly played with them. They survived just fine and were happy.

You don't need to give your dog the 1% life to take care of it. They're just as much of a commitment as cats. You still have to:
>feed them
>give them water
>clean up their shit
>pet them or play with them
And that's all you need to do to take care of a dog. I watched my grandparents care for 10 dogs this way.
>>
>>28370695
Those dogs had other dogs for company and stimulation. If your grandparents had 10 dogs then they probably had a massive yard and all 10 ran around all day getting their exercise and stimulation from each other.
You're talking about having one dog and that is a pretty big difference.
If you honestly think that dogs are the same amount of commitment as cats then I can't believe you know what you're talking about.
Once again though OP, I am sorry. I do love dogs and know how good the companionship is. I'm not trying to bring you down or make you feel bad, I'm just trying to look out for your potential future pupper.
>>
>>28370763
No they were all housepets in a 20x20 room.

Stop trying to act like dogs are some huge commitment. All they need is food and attention and they will be happy. You don't need to give them baths once a week and take them on a walk every day and go to the park once every 4 days and whatever else. They are content just to be around someone they like.
>>
>>28370763
Well the main problem my dad has with dogs is the mess he would tell me when I bring it up. The cat used to scratch up his carpet and couches, puke everywhere, and what he called when the second cat was still around "ruin his house". Everyone I know says we have the cleanest house they've ever been to, but he's a real neat freak. I have a brother who could also help, in fact he helped with the cat, but my dad thinks a dog will be even messier. My dad doesn't cuss a lot, but when he sees a scratch in his couch, he screams to all hell. I could walk the dog everyday, I love taking walks, and I can be just as clingy for attention as a dog could, so I don't see that being a problem. How messy are dogs exactly, besides the hair and the occasional bath?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.