[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone out there who actually got their shit together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1434594381354.jpg (388 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1434594381354.jpg
388 KB, 5000x5000
Is there anyone out there who actually got their shit together after being here so long? How old are you? What changed? Just feels like I keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.
>>
>>28370030
to change, you actually hav to do shit that doesn't make sense to you. That's the problem that people like us have -- we're the LEAST okay with change of all kind of people. We feel like we absolutely need to do everything the way we know already or else we're lost.

I changed. I lived with strangers in NYC. I tried an open relationship. I got into lines of work I've never done before. I sued an employer for unfair treatment. I joined groups that I was uncomfortable with. I lived with a whore.

You have to shake up your life and then you'll change AROUND your new life. You can't keep your life the same and hope to change.
>>
>>28370030
> Just feels like I keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Those who refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
>>
>>28370073
I know what I'm doing wrong. I know how to fix it. I just, don't.
>>
>>28370067
>I tried an open relationship.
fuck off kike
>>
>>28370105

Same. I do good for a while, then fuck it all up again. That's been the story of my life for years.
>>
i started making AMV's and posting them to instagram and my follower count has skyrocketed in days, i plan on making custom t shirts and selling them and never having to work
>>
>>28370030
Stay sober Poo. You can do it!
>>
>>28370156
Hey, I didn't try it for long. I hate it and I think it's bullshit, but I did it anyway just to have the experience. It's true, it's all for the girl's benefit, even though I was fucking more people than her, I felt slighted and she didn't. I understand more than I used to about people now. Not sorry.
>>
File: 1462408411998.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
1462408411998.png
64 KB, 507x540
I have lurked around here since 2010. I took a break somewhere around 2012, then landed back here about last year.

I am 22 year old guy. When I first landed here, I was a virgin robot, but I lost it when I was 19 and had several dates little before and few years after that.

Now I have graduated schools, I am single, landed on a designer job and slowly trying to get back into dating, but I am not attempting to make a full effort at dating until few years later when I plan to move into a bigger town, out of my parents house to study in a little bit in the biggest art academy at my country.

I hope to find a cute artsy gf when I finally do that, but in meanwhile I just earn money, practice my skills, hope to get /fit/ and invest a little more in looking /fa/.

This is my story. I will lurk in this thread for a little while if you want to know more about my story, or if you can relate.
>>
You don't just "get your shit together" over night.

I was NEET for nearly 10 years. Now I am in university. Don't ask me how I got in, I just fucking did, out of about 1.5 years of taking random shitty classes and tests to prove I am intelligent enough to get into university. I also managed to get government assistance to pay for my university (deferred payments until I get a job) and I managed to get Study-Bux (similar to NEET-bux) which is a fortnightly payment of just over $400 that helps pay for basic needs.

It's a slow as fuck process, just gotta take it 1 day at a time.
>>
>>28370405
That sounds like centrelink.

How old are you? I feel that at 23 I've already fucked up my life. It seems to only go downhill from here.
>>
>>28370426
29, i was neet from 18 to 27.
>>
>>28370426
>>28370514

I should also mention. Once you reach age 25+ you can apply for mature-age STUDY bux and get into university and get paid to go.
>>
>>28370030
I've been here since I was 16. I'm 20 now. To someone on the outside I guess it would look like I have my shit together. Decent grades in a computer engineering program, tall, handsome, go to the gym almost everyday, dress well and take good care of myself.

In reality I'm a complete mess though. I've been on antidepressants since I was 15 and they are the only thing that keep me functioning. I was a shutin in high school, left the house for school and that was it. Sat on my own everyday, no friends, no girlfriend. Contemplated suicide every day for years. I don't know how I didn't off myself.
>>
>>28370067
>I tried an open relationship

Cuck
>>
>>28370030

Here for years, only issues keeping me a khv at 24 were massive social anxiety and being 100lb overweight. No real deformities of psychological damage.

Fixed the second, which helped me start tackling the first. Got my phimosis sorted. Lucked out and met a girl online, lived together for 2 years now.

I know others have it worse
>>
I'm 29. Joined the military at 23, kind of forced me to get my shit together. I ended up getting married a couple of years back. The fucked up part is that I look at my neet days (18-23) as the best part of my life still.
>>
>>28370528
how do you apple anon
>>
>>28370528
how do you apply ?
>>
>>28370212
Don't justify yourself to those retards. They're exactly the same people who you're talking about. Drones who can't change
>>
I went to school for around 6 years but dropped out TWICE because I was miserable and just stayed in my room depressed most of the time.

Now I have moved back to my small hometown and work dead end retail as a 30 year old. I got to say things are better though. I got my own place, I have job, trying to get a car. Lost my virginity as a one time thing at the start of the year. Seeing a therapist to work through issues, which I have progressed on without any medication... Have actually made friends through work which I still can't really believe. I don't know, it gives me a little hope I guess.

Thing is, doing the robot thing for so long in your young years really cements the loneliness and alienation as a part of your "soul" so to speak. It is who I am, and I look at everything that happens around me through that lens. Friend wants us to go out on the town tomorrow, and I KNOW it is what I should be doing to make progress or find something unknowable that will make me happy or whatever. I'm afraid I'm gonna end up having a bad, boring time instead.
>>
When I first started browsing /r9k/ I was a 5'8 beta loser, no social skills, no dating experience, a submissive, silent humorless bore who quickly became "that guy" in any social setting. I was a mess. Raised by a depressed single mother who unburdened her guilt onto her son, I treated the world as a hostile place and life as something to be endured rather than enjoyed or really lived. I barely left my room. I over-analyzed every minor social occasion until I had convinced myself that whoever I had talked to was simply pitying me or ridiculing me in some subtle way. The world was out to get me and the best I could do was retreat into the comfort of my own safe, small reality and into my elaborate imagination. But then one night I woke up in a panicked state and told myself that tomorrow would be the first day of a new life, a better life than the one I had trapped myself in due to my apathy, self-pity and casual despair. The first thing I did the following morning was block /r9k/ on the browser I used. The second thing I did was create a facebook with a photo that wasn't creepy or intimidating. Soon I had reconnected with old friends who were interested to know how I was and to tell me about their own lives since we last spoke. I soon discovered that they too had struggled with disillusion and the forced compromises of adult life. We made plans to meet up and we soon did and had a great time. I then found a part-time job at a seafood restaurant while applying to community college to study graphic design. I got in and eventually earned my degree while saving enough money from my job to live in a shared apartment with three strangers. One of these strangers became my girlfriend, and when we broke up after she moved away I began dating one of her friends, who I have now been dating for two years. After graduating I found an entry level job and have since worked my way up. I now stand 6'2 in height and thanks to attending a gym I am at the physical peak of my life.
>>
>>28371203
>blocks /r9k/
>grows 6 inches taller
nice
>>
>>28371091

There's a difference between being a "drone who can't change" and dating a girl who fucks around. There is a middle ground, you know.

t. former NEET who is now married and has a career
>>
>>28371342
I laughed so audibly I woke up my boyfriend
>>
>>28371203
good r/relationships copy/pasta
>>
>>28371396
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK OUTTA HERE ROASTIE
>>
File: image.png (180 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180 KB, 500x380
>>28371438
I've been here since 2009, and have no plans to leave for the foreseeable future.
>>
I got a job and through /r9k/ even a gf.
I'm also the chairman of the worker's council at the small company I'm working.
I'm still kind of a slob but pretty good at my job.
>>
>>28370175
So you're taking credit for other people's work? How's that working out for you?
>>
>>28370067

The world is your oyster! Don't worry, just because today may be posting on r9k - tomorrow maybe living with an illegal sex worker.
>>
>>28370030
>get a job and make bank
>gain 30lbs muscle
>learn a language
>get some nice clothes
yet I'm still here. All that work for absolutely nothing.
>>
>>28370030
I heard a song called "California" and i realised that i wanted to move to the US. I have to get a high education in order to make it easier to get a visa.
I was pretty much a NEET before that. Now i'm in school and getting my shit together big time.. Doing math in my spare time to get better.
>>
>>28370030
girlfriend, job
i have my shit together, i just come here to laugh at you
>>
>>28370067
>i tried all kinds of weird, uncomfortable, energy-draining things
>still ended up right back on r9k
>>
>>28370030

I think I just got lucky.

>barely passed high school with grade from 50%-60%(D- to C)
>Don't go to prom or Uni
>all my friends and classmates got into Ivy League Unis
>Sad and depressed with no job experience or direction in life
>spend life searching for purpose via 4chan and message boards, vidya, and anime
>sister hooks me up with a sweet fancy/posh restaurant job minimum wage + big $$$ in tips
>making bank
>got into college studying IT (enjoying it)
>Invited to high school Reunion where people from uni wanna kill themselves for failing classes and dropping out
>old friends and classmates see me and say shit like "wow anon you got your shit together"
>familiar qt3.14s from highschool now want my d
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>mfw when normie classmates envy me for revenuing that moolah and going to school without failing
>mfw things turn out better than expected
>>
>tfw really ugly
No matter what I try to do or achieve, it will never matter. My life was over before it ever started.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.