[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Reddit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24
File: reddit_log-100011890-large.jpg (18 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
reddit_log-100011890-large.jpg
18 KB, 580x388
I have my own reasons, curious to hear yours
>>
>>28368165
You have to walk on eggs shells around them to spare their feelings. There's something very ungenuine about redditors posting on reddit. There's an insufferable air of smugginess over there. There's no conversations there, just dick sucking.
>>
they use words/phrases like "immature" "it's satire" "/s" "nothing is better than the other everything is subjective"
>>
Fuck you mean I hate Reddit? I got like 4k comment karma and it's where I go to get my news.
>>
File: 1457672110992.png (413 KB, 580x541) Image search: [Google]
1457672110992.png
413 KB, 580x541
I don't have autism so I don't spend time and energy hating websites.
>>
>>28368231
this is pretty much it summed up
>>
>>28368270
You don't spend "time and effort" disliking something, you just do.

This is why you're autistic
>>
File: 1455169748417.png (538 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
1455169748417.png
538 KB, 650x600
>>28368308
You took the time to make a thread about it.
>>
>>28368165
anybody who disagrees with you is obviously from reddit
>>
>>28368231
and they're mainly too try-hard when trying to be funny. makes me cringe hard,
>>
>>28368437
I knew you were going to say that. I don't care that you're just trying to trigger me at this point, I made this thread because I was interested in what others had to say senpai.
>>
>>28368165
the mods are garbage. It wouldn't be that bad if it was just the people bitching at you, but then you have mods that will ban you for calling someone a cuck or just using a different sub. It's phenomenally gay
>>
Redditors think they're really clever. You can tell from the try-hard meme jokes and references they make.
>>
>>28368165
The same recycled jokes and posters show up in every thread (poem for your sprog) and the top comments are always very predictable. Besides the SJW's and feminists reddit is far more prone to group think due to censorship i.e. mods deleting and removing controversial comments and threads (like the askarapist thread) the prevalence of usernames unlike 4chan where tripfags are rare and the ability to see how many people agree or disagree with an opinion through up votes/down votes all of these things contribute to a much more censored, predictable and dishonest environment where people are far less likely to share their real beliefs unlike this website where your comments can't be connected to a username if you don't want them to and although you can generally tell if the majority of a thread agrees or disagrees with a controversial opinion in a thread you can't see how exactly how many people agree/disagree through a like/dislike system (up votes/down votes)
>>
>>28368518
>autistic shitposting disguised as curiosity
do you have a girlfriend?
>>
I actually browse reddit and 4chan equally, I even have them both opened in chrome.

I use reddit when I want to get information fast, browse boring stuff, and I usually browse the interest subreddits anyway. The main subreddits are crap though. Askreddit, funny, those are shit.
Come at me.
>>
>>28368667
Nobody but autists care really. What people care about I think is trying to take the culture from either website and bring it to the other.
>>
>>28368510
Yeah, and all they do is spout memes all day. Thank fuck I'm not on a website like that.
>>
>>28368165
I found a job online through reddit. I can not say that about 4chan much less this board of neets.

>>28368632
>The same recycled jokes and posters show up in every thread
r9k is board based around dating advice from virgins and whining about how unfair life is
>>
Because it's the place for the most sterile, boring, and corporatized internet culture there is. Its very design prevents dissenting views from being seen, and its voting system is easily manipulated by outside forces. The user base alo writes in an insufferably smug tone.

The only thing good about Reddit is its ability to create more niche communities. Otherwise, it's pretty terrible.
>>
>>28368632
Exactly. I feel that all opinions on Reddit are fake, no one is actually coming up with anything new or interesting in the comments section. Then redditors slowly adapt to the popular opinion and they all sound like the exact same person
>>
>>28368678

If you comment like reddit over here, you get called a faggot and a shill. Or a SJW. I don't know, whatever.

If you comment like you do on 4chan on reddit, you get downvoted. They are too PC. Anything that deviates from what is 'correct' in their hivemind is deemed objectively wrong and downvoted.
>>
>>28368713
Depends on what subreddit you're on, but for the larger ones you're certainly right.
>>
>>28368165
The main reason i they claim free speech but the upboat system allows unpopular opinions to be buried. Any system hiding unpopular opinions is anti-free speech, and is what the first ammendment was trying to prevent.

That and everyone there is a meme you dip kinda guy.
>>
Another reason why redditors come here is because they get so assblasted about their politically corrected post which didn't get any the required upvotes they desired, so they shit on this board with their passive-aggression.
>>
>>28368702
>r9k is board based around dating advice from virgins and whining about how unfair life is
That's true to an extent but there are a fair amount of interesting and original threads every once in a while. I do enjoy being able to discuss topics on 4chan that would be banned almost immediately on reddit.
>>
I don't. They're just easy and fun to make fun of.
>>
people on reddit are arrogant
>>
>>28368711
I agree that 90%+ of the comments are unoriginal but I do think that there are some subreddits that can be interesting. It depends on your interests though personally I really enjoy r/writingprompts and r/worldnews but to each his own.
>>
>>28368231
This and the fact that they never come up with anything new, just steal ideas and memes from other websites and then put their stamp of faggotry on it and spread it throughout the normienet.
>>
>>28368824
I know what you're saying, but worldnews is horrible
>>
>>28368836
90% of r/GoT memes are from /tv/
>>
>>28368841
I like to skim through it quickly to get an idea of what people consider to be major events (at least redditors) in different areas in the world. It's not my only news source because yeah, reddit does tend to have a very liberal slant.
>>
>>28368165
See it to yourself https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/
>>
>>28368795
>people on reddit are arrogant
You're on the board that worships a man who literally called himself the supreme gentleman
>>
>>28368724
>Any system hiding unpopular opinions is anti-free speech, and is what the first ammendment was trying to prevent.
Free speech doesn't mean websites have to let you say whatever you want on them. Privately owned websites can create their own rules and ban those who break them. That isn't an attack on free speech. Besides it's kind of distracting when someone's spamming niggermania posts and you're trying to read up on investments
>>
File: btp6YQ_j.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
btp6YQ_j.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>28368906
It's not arrogant with Rodger, he was only taking proper credit for his existence.
>>
>>28368906
elliot was narcissistic but he wasn't arrogant really
>>
>>28368946
It's one thing to ban spammers, it's another thing to literally call yourself "bastion of free speech" while banning people for asking why dreadlocks are cultural appropriation.
>>
>>28368954
Fun fact: Elliot Rodger is not a role model
>>
>>28368978
>"Fun Fact"
>hating on the rodge
We did it leddit!
>>
>>28368906
>You're on the board that worships a man who literally called himself the supreme gentleman
That's a meme. Maybe a few robots actually worshiped him and probably a good amount of true robots were happy with what he did as they were outcasts and bullied as well but most of the people praising him as a god were just shitposters.
>>
>>28368996
>not hating on the abomination spawned by the unholy union between a rice cooker and a dogeater
>>
>>28368698
passive aggressive sarcasm? downvote you into oblivion
>>
Wel I think Reddit has a good system. Upvotes on the best content means that you're most likely to see that material, and the mods make sure people don't push their freedom too far.
>>
>>28368996
I just don't understand why you would idolize someone who had every material object he could want handed to him, but refused to acknowledge that his complete lack of personality and social skills prevented him from creating meaningful relationships with others.
I read his manifesto, he literally go upset that he was unable to make friends or find a girlfriend by sitting around doing nothing
>>
It's like a stuffy, PC version of this place, but without the one redeeming quality of anonymity.
>>
>>28368165
Userbase. There are few subreddits I browse tho.
>>
>>28369032
That would work fine if it wasnt for the fact that highly upvoted content is almost never good. Upvotes are responses to instant gratification. 4chan is based on instant gratification as it's not disguised as intellectual, we know we're shitposting
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-06_08-33-06.png (31 KB, 534x159) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-06_08-33-06.png
31 KB, 534x159
Can't say nigger without being banned.

niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger
>>
>>28369032
Upvotes means you're most likely to see the most agreeable politically correct opinion that appeals to the average person.
>>
>>28369113
Has anyone ever tried to train a Markov chain bot on Terry's comments? I imagine it would be pretty hilarious, not to mention indistinguishable from the real one.
>>
File: 119866676618.jpg (4 KB, 180x149) Image search: [Google]
119866676618.jpg
4 KB, 180x149
>>28369161
Those are the opinions we should be reading though. Only the most edgy comments that are unworthy of our time get buried in a sea of downvotes. Am I right?
>>
>segregation
>opinion discarded because of previous comments or lack of comments on your profile
>mod dick sucking
>mods have too much power
>people will literally shadow your profile and just to downvote you if you they don't like what you said
>bans FPH, coontown, but lets SRS stay despite evidence of doxing and brigading
>owned by jews
>>
>>28369201
Of course. We wouldn't want to hurt someones feelings by discussing something controversial or actually disagreeing with the majority right?
>>
>>28368165
Yes, almost every subbreddit is shit, those fuckers simply can't created OC, they steal everything from here or forums and apply their shell of faggotry and spread this content like cancer.

I recently created a account there, the only subs worth of my time are the oblivion one and classic fallout
>>
So I've been on Reddit for about 7 years now. I'm a moderator on several popular boards, including /r/4chan. I will try to give you guys an unbiased, objective outlook.

Reddit's main problem is its karma system. It encourages users to post content which the majority will agree with rather than something that may be controversial (but still contributes to the conversation). Because of this, most communities become predictable and boring.

This is the lifespan of a submission on your average default subreddit:

- 1 minute in: your submission will most likely be downvoted into obscurity. The reason behind this isn't necessarily because your submission sucks, but there are other people who just made submissions and are downvoting every other new submission in an attempt to have theirs noticed quicker.

- 10 minutes in: if you managed to survive this far, your submission may start picking up steam. You'll see the first comments start to roll in. They will be mindless, vapid, and generic things like "omg i spit my coffee out after seeing that!" The reason there is no effort put behind them is that they want to be the first to post before everyone else. The sooner you post, the more likely your comment will be seen and upvoted.

- 3 hours in: whoever managed to comment first on your submission will now be the highest voted comment, regardless of how little it contributed to the conversation. Since your submission will have so many comments at this point, more people will start replying to the top comments. The reasoning behind their comment will likely be noticed quicker, leading to more karma for their account. These replies are just as vapid as the original comment. Pun chains are very common. Remember: as long as they get that reply before other people, they're more likely to get upvotes.

- anything afterwards: barely any comments are posted, because why even bother? Their comment won't be seen under the mass of thousands of other posters.

Post too long, continued...
>>
>>28369447
...continued

Don't get me started on the militant feminists there. While many are opposed to the ShitRedditSays community, there are many feminists and white knights moderators that have infected many communities. Take /r/offmychest, for example. Seems like an innocent subreddit, right? If you happen to say something negative relating to females OR if you use terms like "bitch" & "cunt", you will be banned for degrading females. If you take a close look at the moderators on that subreddit, they are active SRS members. There are many other popular subreddits like that plagued by subhuman feminists.

Basically, Reddit is trash unless you happen to come across a tech support thread through a google search.
>>
File: output_1500k.webm (392 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
output_1500k.webm
392 KB, 1280x722
accounts can get suspended automatically because they have too much negative karma

wow
>>
>>28369447
What's it like being a mod? What's your favorite/least favorite thing about it? Most memorable interaction between another mod/user?
>>
>>28368906
This>>28369002

No one does that shit seriously nigga
>>
>>28369572
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who genuinely hates normal people "normies" and didn't give a shit when I heard about the people Elliot killed.
>>
>>28369596
>he fell for the supreme gentleman meme
>>
>>28368241
>/s
FUCK I hate this one the most. The fact that these people are literally so braindead and too afraid to offend anyone that they have to type that they were being sarcastic after using sarcasm.
>>
>>28369636
I felt that way before I first visited 4chan. I'm not trying to be edgy or meme right now.
>>
i don't hate reddit but i think redditors are plebs and it blows my mind that r/4chan is actually a thing and is posted on
>>
File: 1439863101251.jpg (10 KB, 239x251) Image search: [Google]
1439863101251.jpg
10 KB, 239x251
>>28368632
>poem for your sprog
God I hate that cunt
>>
I don't hate Reddit, there are some good subreddits, but there are far more terrible ones.
>>
>>28369571
>What's it like being a mod?
Being a mod is only enjoyable if you care about the community and aren't expecting much thanks in return. Just like the mods and janitors here, it's a thankless job and the users usually hate you whether or not you do a good job.

> What's your favorite thing about it?
The only time I've truly enjoyed moderating is when it involves the subreddit I created. Having a popular community you can call 'yours' is something special. As for modding on other subreddits, I enjoy having the freedom to weed out shitposts. A pet peeve I have is browsing subreddits I'm not a mod of and seeing shitposts I can't do anything about with mods who don't care. The freedom for me to be able to remove shitty posts like a mentioned here >>28369447 is pretty cool.

> least favorite
Knowing that my free labor just earns the admins free revenue and website traffic. I'd be okay with it if the admins were cool, but most of them are SJWs who don't give a flying fuck about the community. Recently, they have been moving Reddit in a direction to make it as profitable as possible by silencing communities which host controversial content (read about /r/fatpeoplehate). They want reddit to be appealing to investors.

>Most memorable interaction between another mod/user?
I've become close friends with another moderator. We play games/talk with each other on a daily basis. We call each other every once in a while and catch up on things, shoot the shit, just bro stuff.
>>
It is full of redditors

they are too stupid and emotional to have a proper discussion, this is the same as 4chan except we don't get faggot points over here so you get told to fucking kill yourself when you show your colors
>>
>>28368241

edit: my most upvoted comment is about poop?!?! hahaha reddit you get me every time!

edit 2: rip my inbox xD xD

edit 3: thanks for the gold kind stranger!

edit 4: more gold! My life is so menial that the highlight of my week is receiving praise from anonymous strangers online!
>>
>>28369816
This is extremely accurate.
100% original comment
>>
Many people have nailed tons of great points.

Biggest for me is that every subreddit is extremely honed in on one game or topic, and only people with obsessive traits about that thing go there. Discussion must fall in line or people downvote it to censor it.

Here, anyone can have any dumb opinion.
>>
>>28368165
I don't hate it because hate is too strong of a word to describe any emotion that I'm capable of feeling
>>
>>28368241
>nothing is better than the other everything is subjective
This is true, though. At least in our current secular society, we don't currently have any objective stance for our moral values. The most we can do is just go around parroting what society and others tell us is right and wrong, what's good and bad. And when someone does something that society has brainwashed us to not be able to accept, we end up spouting out meaningless platitudes and shunning these people away.
>>
There's just something about R3ddit that manages to gather the stupidest people onto one website. There really is a hivemind there, and that includes the people on there who bitch about the hivemind in order to distinguish themselves from it. The website acts like it promotes discussion, but it really doesn't. I could go on a tirade about it's shitty jokes, idiotic "novelty" accounts and the fucked up vote system.

It's honestly funny that a lot of the people ITT say r3ddit's full of "WAAAAAHHH PC SJWS!!!!!" because on R3ddit, all I've seen is tryhard edgelords who also bitch and whine about the "SJW" bogeyman, but I don't see too many on there and when I do, they get downvoted into hell.

Pretty sure the faggots ITT crying about Ess Jayy Dubyuuhs probably browse r3ddit and contribute to it's endless stupidity.

That website has the worst and most unintelligent userbase I've ever seen.

>inb4 bruhh ur on r9k xDDDDDD

Shut the fuck up. I've had way more meaningful conversations on here than on r3ddit and I'll never go back to that shit website.

For all the r3ddit newfags who came here from /r/4chan, r3ddit spelled normally sometimes gets caught in the spam filter.
>>
>>28370289
Every time I see the word "SJW" I just think of that one Reddit meetup picture. These are the people spewing all this bullshit.
>>
File: 1336710291457.png (206 KB, 1057x3301) Image search: [Google]
1336710291457.png
206 KB, 1057x3301
>>28368836
>>28368858
Can't blank toast.
>>
I had this really faggy bf, always talked down to me and treated me like shit (I was out of his league to be honest, as cocky as that sounds) he'd treat his friends like shit and always told everyone bullshit he saw on reddit, as if he was super smart and knew more than everyone else. After we broke up he became a super duper reddit fag and all his friends left him and now he's alone, and now his friends are all my friends.
>>
>>28368165
Nigger loving sjw cucks.
>>
The downvote system doesn't allow for any real discussion.

Some of the smaller subs are cool though.
>>
File: 1358925250374.jpg (40 KB, 236x421) Image search: [Google]
1358925250374.jpg
40 KB, 236x421
>>28370865
>There's human beings take maymays that seriously
>>
>>28368165
Reddit has a good sub called r/ForeverUnwanted for actual incels. It is far better for incels than r9k because normies are actually banned. There are just as many normies on 4Chad as reddit, atleast they have a better sense of humor though.
>>
I would say I like it overall. There's a lot of good content but the threads are terrible.
It always happens that I'll see one I think is interesting (eg whats the craziest shit that ever happened when you were at school) bad example but whatever. I want to see the best submissions from the 10,000 replies but you see the top comment, ok that was pretty funny. And then the comment chain goes on for half the fucking page. By the third or fourth reply to comment we're past the retarded puns and onto "Rick and Morty" references. I know nothing about that retarded cartoon but I guarantee I fucking hate it because of all the morons on reddit who quote it incessantly. As someone mentioned, poem for your sprog, more retarded gimmick accounts. It just goes on and it's all terrible
>>
>>28370865
>HURR LE YEAH RIGHT
lost it lol
>>
It's an information aggregate site and originality almost never comes out of there.

People treat it like a 'real' forum when it's nowhere near close to that. They'll act like a dumb fucking hivemind who have a superiority complex.

The karma system is the biggest thing wrong with it though.

Nobody goes on reddit to post meaningful things. They just try to post the wittiest things so that they can get more upvotes.

Upvotes are what people on reddit use to validate their own existence. They're so worthless in their own life that getting a top comment or whatever the fuck is the only thing that sustains their sense of self worth.

So it just devolves into a chain of puns or witty retorts to some recycled story and it goes round and round like that in one big circle jerk of fucking idiots.

You don't go on reddit for the sense of community, you go for self validation. It's the same reason that Imgur is so fucking cancerous these days. Post something retarded on a user submitted image and hope it goes viral.
>>
>>28368165
It has a special board for cucks and are normalizing cuckoldry
>>
Shitty mods and editing
>>
Whoever said /r/foreverunwanted was good was talking out of their fucking ass. Every post gets replied to with typical normie shit, telling them not to be bitter, not to hate women, even women themselves posting. Any reply telling it like it is gets mass downvoted like everywhere else. Fuck Reddit and everyone on it. Jesus Christ. This board is still the only place where we can be ourselves (lol) and tell the truth freely.

Reddit: Not even once.
>>
>>28372279
Fucking bollocks. Not the case at all. That sub is just as bad as the rest.
>>
>>28371494
>he'd treat his friends like shit and always told everyone bullshit he saw on reddit, as if he was super smart and knew more than everyone else.
Holy shit, a kid I knew in high school got like this once reddit went mainstream our senior year
>>
>>28368594
>but then you have mods that will ban you for calling someone a cuck

this, i don't really quite get it myself but the word "cuck" triggers mods beyond belief
>>
On the 'chon, it's easy to have real conversations without it deteriorating into buzzwords like "bigot" or "fascist".

Everywhere else I've been online, you're called both a bigot and a fascist for asking for a source then the mods laugh at you for being a jerk.

I always just assumed reddit was another one of those places, because anyone can start a board and become a mod.
>>
The advice pne would get from either site is about equal. There's something special about good advice being mixed in with being called aa nigger, faggot or something else. I also trust anonymous users far more than a username for somethe reason.
>>
>>28373135

>normie
>faggot
>le go back to Rddit
>being on a Cambodian kite-flying imageboard

:)
>>
>>28373385
Well, yeah, but they're not used as insults unless there's some other argument being communicated. If there's no other argument, then it's easy to just assume that they're trolling or just plain calling you an idiot. You can rebuke all you want without getting banned or downvoted to oblivion.
>>
>>28368165
The like and dislike system is generally bad for discussion and encourages nothing but circlejerking a safe opinion that the general consensus must agree with. This in turn discourages a free opinion that challenges other ideas in the discussion by allowing users to avoid debating and instead downvote the opinion so they don't have to bother thinking up a retort. Eventually most discussion on the site end up looking like this:

>I believe transgender people are mentally unstable and need to see a psychiatrist. However feel free to convince me otherwise
>downvote 1000/upvote -1
>comment buried and seen as spam

>transgender people are my fucking heroes xD
>upvote10000000000/downvote 0
>comment followed by millions of other comments praising this one
>obtains reddit gold, basically valueless but only encouraging more behaviour like this

Reddit is shit for discussion of anything serious. Maybe the subreddits of your interests are better.
>>
>>28368165
Talking on reddit is like talking in real life. Everyone pretends that it is real life and you can actually hurt someone's feelers if you say something "politically incorrect :^("

That takes the fun out of the internet completely. I come here because you get peoples' honest reactions and nothing less. Nobody is deterred by "losing karma." When they have a thought, they post it.
>>
I don't hate lebbit , I browse it daily it's best website ever
>>
We don't actually hate reddit. We hate all the tards that make their way here from reddit and the fact that they're known to take content from 4chan and ruin it.
>>
>>28368836
>they never come up with anything new, just steal ideas and memes from other websites

Reddit is no image hoster like 4gian. Memes are based on images, not on text, how do you think that any website could ever invent something relevant this way?
>>
Only went there once 2 years ago. It was hard to read everything, and annoying to have to click comments on each post to see responses. So I never went back.

Why did I go there? I think it was for some beta? The people there were giving away beta keys so I just jumped in. It was either that or something else vidya related.
>>
>>28368231
>There's no conversations there, just dick sucking

there isn't much conversation over here too. Reddit is a circlejerk but /r6j is just "lalala I'm right your wrong" most of the time. I don't think this is better, although it's not that lame as reddit.
>>
>>28373774
>this tbqh
normies come here and take the meme seriously
>>
>>28368946

Please stop falling back on this shit argument. Yes they have a right to censor but doing so,means they are not free speech. I have a right to open a titty bar but that doesn't mean it's child friendly.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 709x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 709x639
>>28368165
Can't post picture without le text
>>
>>28368165
It's literally owned by Jews and is a machine for brainwashing the masses into incorporating Cultural Marxism into their lives.
>>
The user base are all fucking faggots but the site itself isn't necessarily at fault for that

However it's format is fucking awful and the fact that it's comments section is based presenting the most upvoted comments as chains leads to karmawhoring and circlejerking
>>
File: 1427085444053.gif (982 KB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
1427085444053.gif
982 KB, 320x190
>>28373974
wow holy shit
>>
>>28373974
You're a retard if you actually believe that. It's written like fiction.
>>
File: 4chan.png (31 KB, 688x909) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
31 KB, 688x909
>>28369447
pun and meme chains are cancer
even on r/4chan
>>
They take some of the most amusing or deep aspects of the culture of sites like 4chan, where free speech is the rule and the culture encourages confession, free debate and unrestricted humour, and port it over to a site where the culture neuters and castrates those aspects to the point where they lose any qualities which make them special.

The end product then gets spread into mainstream social media culture and parroted endlessly until they find something new to grub up.
>>
The demographic differs entirely from 4chaners. At least it used to before they decided to infest, like all bacteria do.
>>
>>28368231
pretty much this but there are some good subreddits too i.e. badphil or ca
>>
>>28368165
>hate
Nah, I'm just indifferent.
>>
because reddit is extremely and unironically antisemitic
>>
>>28375105
What? That's us. Reddit is literally owned by Jews.
>>
>>28372345
>>/leddit/

you're obviously 16, get the fuck out
>>
>>28375124
4chan is at least open about it's antisemitism and sometimes even funny while reddit is extremely dishonest about it and tries to disguise it as israel critic or antizionism
>>
>>28368165
The 'upvote' thing. It allows censoring of opnions that damage their safe spaces
>>
>>28374246
This. It's fiction because the wife gets angry at the end when he mentions how he didn't enjoy it and wanted it to stop. In real life, she would've been happy and gone back for some more with or without her cuckband.
>>
>>28373040
>>28373078
I'd fucking appreciate if a single word I said got noticed by someone for once in my goddamned life.
>>
roses are red
violets are blue
poem for your sprog is a cunt
fuck reddit
>>
>>28375656
here's your (you), now go away
>>
File: 1460381739410.jpg (55 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
1460381739410.jpg
55 KB, 490x440
>>28368165

Without even getting into the content or userbase, the site format is just fucking terrible.

>click to expand
>comments filtered by downvotes
>comments sorted by upvotes
>click to expand
>click to expand
>lol click again
>CLICKING INTENSIFIES
>>
>everyone here is entitled to their own opinion
>not the people who go against our hivemind though
>comment hidden because of 20 downvotes

At least here I can post asinine shit and everybody sees it, regardless of what I post. Plus with anonymity there is no fear of losing magic internet points for not conforming.
>>
>>28375154
24 m8, been on 4chan for 8 years and lurking Reddit for about one (needed a work safe place to waste time when my gf was around)
>>
>>28368165
Reddit seems like a website where most users would say "f***ing" instead of "fucking."
>>
>>28369447
r/4chan is cringy as fuck. care to explain
>>
>>28369447
>i'm a moderator on r/4chan

Fuck off you cunt. Piss off back to Rddit. You and your sub are universally hated here.

Oh? Yeah, sorry that you can't downvote this post. If you feel negatively about it I guess you'll just have to go ahead and type a reply to it.

Just fuck off and stop stealing 4chan screenshots to put up in your disgusting viewing gallery of Rddit users.
>>
>>28375990
The users, along with most of the mods, rarely ever go to 4chan (if ever). They're the type of people who think /b/ and /pol/ make up the entirety of 4chan, which is why all the submissions you see there are pretty much exclusive to those two boards.

>>28376047
Aww, did I trigger you in your safe space?
>>
File: 1461462865320.png (21 KB, 247x238) Image search: [Google]
1461462865320.png
21 KB, 247x238
>>28368165
Reddit trap shills ruined /b/
>>
>>28368165
Not all of Reddit is cancer. Actually I quite like browsing subs like r/gamedev, r/diy, r/cpp, r/osdev, r/hammer, just to name a few. People there seem to be mainly focused on learning and teaching, as well as showing their work and constructively criticizing others' work.
However, I make sure to stay far away from meme subs and political subs, because firstly, I don't even care about these things, and secondly, because these are probably the subs that gave Reddit its bad reputation.
>>
>>28375656
I see you senpai.

Your contributions to the internet are not unnoticed on this day.

Please keep being you, and doing what you do.
>>
Stupid redditor homewreckers

Don't go into somebodies house and then track shit all over the floor, be respectful
>>
File: 1461364843588.jpg (33 KB, 696x512) Image search: [Google]
1461364843588.jpg
33 KB, 696x512
Because they have usernames. Here, everyone is anonymous and you measure people by their post, not their reputation. Anonymity is beautiful, really.
>>
>>28368165
I think it's the politics of their site and the dynamic upvote system and banning of bad speech. It's like 1984 the website, I don't undterstand it, and I never go there except to see links for fake cuck stories.
>>
>>28376103
Blatantly true, /b/ turned into degenerate trap scum overnight when reddit appeared. Either reddit attracts absolute fucking faggots to the world of imageboards, or the trap hype was just one of their many insurgent programs on 4chan.
>>
The UI is shit and everything is a popularity contest. All the comments are listed by how many fuck votes they have. Instead of shitposting they just spam whatever gets them the most upvotes. Its like people posting on offtopic threads in forums just to get their postcount up. Their memes are also fucking awful and are as forced as millhouse.
>>
>>28376308
are you baiting or what?

anyway, the reason why reddit is a piece of shit is because it attracts the dullest of normalfags or mouthbreathing geeks and both of these groups deserve to be culled for their extreme lack of originality
>>
File: 130221984383.png (233 KB, 560x539) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
233 KB, 560x539
>>28376308
says the tripcode faggot
>>
>>28376586
What do you mean?

I fear I'll be muted so I'll type this
>>
>names
>shadowbans
>SUPER HARD mod cocksucking, worse than any forum since subreddits tend to be smaller and any random fucker who's active on one, no matter if qualified, often gets to be one
>2mainstream4me (4chan may be popular, but I'd still like to think of us as the counterculture)
>>
>>28368165
Because in most subreddits you either think the way circlejerk/mods want you to think, or you're banned/your every post is heavily downvoted. I've never seen bigger echo chambers in my life. Just like the first anon said, there are no discussions there.
>>
Compare /r9k/ four years ago to present /r9k/.

That's what reddit does to a community.
>>
Shadowbans.

Literally the most cruel and despicable thing you could possibly do. Imagine something like that in real life - you talk, but nobody can hear you, yet you don't know that and think everyone ignores you instead. That shit would count as fucking torture, I'd drive people insane or to suicide.
>>
>>28376905
That was because of smartphones/tablets and the influx of normie scum it brought with it. Reddit is just the result of that influx and where most of them stay but containment breaches and they come here to shit up the board. It's been downward spiral since 2007.
>>
File: autismo.jpg (47 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
47 KB, 480x480
>le my son did this thing guys look!
>as a father...
>"This happened."
>/s (this is for your average aspergic redditor)
>Banned. Reason: You weren't politically correct
>Toxicity is worthy of death penalty!
>"This is what my son would do before he died..."
>"Hey guise look at what my really hot wife made for me!" (no pic of wife)
>>
>>28377264
You're fucking stupid if you really think reddit's full of "SJWs". That place is full of faggot edgelords like you who bitch about the same thing.
>>
>the rating system
>usernames
>the people
Regarding the last point, I mean sure, there's alot of people here I can't stand, however I can just ignore them. On reddit, you'll be downvoted by everyone disagreeing with you. Fuck that place.

Also, the way posts are linked to eachother is so fucking bad. Every thread, there's some shitty top rated comments, and then everyone just responds to it to get epic upboats.
>>
>>28368594
>>28372870

I'm a Reddit mod of a ~100k subscriber sub and don't ban people or comments because I believe in free speech
>>
>>28368165
They are LITERALLY a bunch of left winged faggots.
>>
>>28377851
You can't be serious senpai
>>
>>28377851
If you visit some sub for left wingers specifically, then yes obviously, but your average politics/news sub is pretty /pol/ tier(much of the userbase overlap after all).
>>
>>28368624

I hate the "megathreads" where something science related happens on the news and they pile in pretending to be physicists.
>>
>>28372279
this place sucks just as bad. normies creep into moderator positions and start inviting people to shit up the board or subreddit or whatever the fuck it is called
https://www.reddit.com/r/ForeverUnwanted/comments/4i0cr9/dear_fa_women/d2v4qaw
>>
everything about reddit is insufferable

how are you even supposed to use it?
>fucktarded thread structure with le pun chains all at the top
>conversations are isolated as if every reply is its own sub-thread
>controversial replies hidden
>can't actually view things in chronological order, can only view most recent sub-threads

a thread isn't even a fucking thread

and I don't get why people even want their memepoints either
>>
>>28370865
This needs an extra panel with 9gag throwing up on a even more retarded facebook.
>>
>>28377264
what the fuck does /s even mean
>>
>>28378370
it means le sarcasm off

because le reddit man cannot be sarcastic or ironic without pointing it out for everyone

maybe so he doesn't get downboated by mistake
>>
>>28378385
holy shit that makes me rage. what a bunch of insufferable cunts. this is why we need world war 3 and a draft so all these pansy ass passive aggressive fucksacks can get their shit pushed in by some russian spetsnaz commando. holy fuck i want the world to burn. this just sums up everything wrong with this internet driven generation of retarded smarmy ass cunts
>>
File: 1461645356765.png (732 KB, 851x477) Image search: [Google]
1461645356765.png
732 KB, 851x477
>Go on r/Asian identity
>every thread Muh oppression Muh wyte wimmin
>reply to a thread saying they aren't oppressed in the West
>immediately banned
>>
>>28378781
I believe you're referring to /r/asianmasculinity. The literal cesspool of the internet.
>>
File: Upset 4chan user.png (72 KB, 255x251) Image search: [Google]
Upset 4chan user.png
72 KB, 255x251
It's become an annoying shit post go to for something someone doesn't like
>>
File: itf.png (2 MB, 1441x1072) Image search: [Google]
itf.png
2 MB, 1441x1072
>>28368165
It always seemed very fake, so I could never "get into it." No substance, no community, felt like an old AOL messageboard or one of those handyman forums your dad browses whenever he needs to repair the gutter on his house.

Then I had the misfortune of subletting half my apartment to a full Reddit, and I mean full meme-tier, Redditor and his fucked-up sidechick who semi-cucked him all over the place.

A couple times I broached the subject with him (when we were still on speaking terms, before he went full-blown Redditfag on me) of censorship on Reddit, saying that I'd heard Reddit basically censored views they didn't like. He replied, almost word for word, "Nah, they don't censor you, they'll just hide any comment that's racist or sexist or transphobic or whatever."

He was 20 years old, working part-time in a fast-food restaurant and did nothing in his spare time except browse Reddit in his bedroom with the door closed, except for the short occasions where he was putting his dick into the crazy chick. His first night at my apartment, he nearly crashed his car into the wall and almost blocked my truck in the driveway (I had to inch out at a snail's pace to make sure I wouldn't hit his car, another time he did it and I accidentally hit his car crawling out, just said "fuck it he deserves it" and left.) Later I confronted him about it (because I'm a working man, at the time I was working for an electrician, and I couldn't afford to be blocked in the driveway when I was on-call for home repairs) and he just told me "Yeah I got really fucking stoned that night," as if it was no big deal that he just got stoned and nearly blocked my car sometimes.

[cot'd]
>>
File: sg.png (1 MB, 1429x1073) Image search: [Google]
sg.png
1 MB, 1429x1073
>>28379321
On several occasions he would take my personal items, in fact I think his first week he took my $70 Bluetooth speaker, and just put them in his room and decide they were his. When I was forced to go into his room to look for my things, it usually looked like a homeless camp -- a weeks' worth of half-eaten food and dirty pots and pans on the floor, carpet nearly invisible under the complete spread of dirty clothes and trash, I don't even want to think about what his bathroom must have looked like.

The most Reddit-tier thing about him, aside from his habit of just deciding my things belonged to him, was his complete belief in his superiority to all others. Despite my being a working tradesman and taking school in the tradesman's college while keeping an extensive woodshop and mechanic's garage, allowing him to rent a room in my apartment and pay me rent whenever he could (even though I'd initially told him that rent was due on the 1st every month, he never actually paid on the first), he was always ridiculously condescending because my computer was slightly less powerful than his. And that was his life, his shitty computer, with the left monitor mounted sideways specifically to make it easier to power-browse Reddit. Ironic, too, was his constant blasting me for alcoholism (both to my face and behind my back) because I ended most days with one or two beers, because when he drank (which was on a regular basis, in addition to the semi-regular marijuana and mushrooms) he invariably had at least twice the drinks I had, despite being a skinnier and lighterweight person compared to me.

Tl;dr Reddit is like Tumblr: I don't hate the website or think it automatically makes you a bad person, but I have bad experiences with both through negative interactions with heavy users who embodied their stereotypical culture.

>namefagging now if anyone gives a shit, in case anyone asks me to greentext about other untermensch I've had the misfortune to know
>>
>>28368165
i hate everything. i hate this website. i hate reddit. i wish i was dead but i want to see if there are any good threads on this board real quick
>>
>>28368165
I made a post having a banterous poke at mass-immigration saying something about Europeans being a minority in Europe by 2020 and got 11 dowmvotes. Fuck me...
>>
>>28379321
>>28379387
That sounds like fucking hell, dude. Makes me ashamed to tell anyone I browse reddit sometimes. I'd rather tell people I prefer 4chan, despite it's negative stigma.
>>
I only had to see people deleting their downvoted posts in fear of losing karma to understand what a shithole reddit is.
>>
>>28373040
Agreed. All of reddit is like this.
>>
>>28378112
90% of reddit is normie lefties
>>
File: 1461178825963.jpg (197 KB, 732x978) Image search: [Google]
1461178825963.jpg
197 KB, 732x978
>>28379578
Thanks for the >(You), yeah I don't think 4chan has the same stigma it might have had a few years ago. I've even seen some of my mid-level Tumblr friends posting 4chan screencaps for humor, mostly just vanilla slice-of-life greentext stories (the sort of thing this board was apparently intended for.) I think a saving grace of this website is that saying "I use 4chan" really doesn't mean anything. You might be a flaming manwhore who exclusively posts dickpics on /soc/, you might be a neo-Nazi who browses /pol/ and shitposts about aliens on /x/, you might be a Redditfag who occasionally browses /co/, you might just be a lonely permavirgin who never visits any boards outside /s/ and /e/.

To some degree, one can say the same of Reddit and Tumblr, but I think they have always been semi-acceptable to admit to using in public, whereas recently 4chan's gone relatively mainstream and people are starting to realize it's about more than Hitler and porn.
>>
it's just that it's based around judging others. and people love to downvote things they disagree with. so it turns into an echo chamber and you have to tailor your post to a bunch of fickle normies
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.