[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better to have loved and lost or to have never loved at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: full table.jpg (182 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
full table.jpg
182 KB, 1280x960
Is it better to have loved and lost or to have never loved at all?
>>
all love necessitates loss because everything is transient
>>
that stupid bitch on the left didn't even clear her plate

what a cunt. judging from the pic it's some slav shit and she' pro ana or some retarded shit
>>
>>28368153
True, but that doesn't answer the question.
>>
I don't really have any desire to experience it again after being "in love" once. I guess it was worth it just to learn it's not something I want. I'm also schizoid so experiences may vary.
>>
never be loved kinda sucks
>>
>>28368128
It's better to have never loved.
I don't think I could psychologically deal with being in a loving relationship and having it fall apart.

The lesson is never try.
>>
>>28368178
Maybe she gets nervous eating in front of people and can't eat very much because she feels nauseous
>>
>>28368128
It's better to have loved and lost because it makes you a wiser person.
>>
Eat your food, bitch
>>
>>28368128

Just imagine you are sitting at one end and they are all staring.
what do you say /r9k/?
will you be able to utter something?

also, op, i don't think i will be able to continue after losing love, so it is better without being ever loved
>>
>>28368258
>h-hey g-g-guys, i mean g-girls
>who is getting t-the check haha
>>
>>28368128
loved and lost fo sho
>>
>>28368217
This
H
I
S

100%
>>
>>28368128
It's better to ejaculate raw in a vag with an unmutilated dick than not. That's pretty much what love is.
>>
>>28368258
>h.h..Hi... L..adies
>aa....hmm....i w..wanted to s..say
*Chokes on noodles*
>>
>>28368272
>who is getting t-the check haha
>y-you too
>>
I have this theory that the human brain just adjusts to whatever state it's in leading to a sort of balance.

Someone used to suffering will consider suffering the norm, and the slightest alleviation of that suffering would be to them like winning the lottery is to us. Similarly, someone who's never experienced any suffering in their life would go through hell just by stubbing their toe.

This is actually related to the story of Prince Siddhartha, the Buddha. He was raised in an environment where he was sheltered from all suffering, then one day he left his home and just the sight of suffering shook him to his core.

So I think when you love someone, you adjust pretty quickly to it. Sure, it's better to have had that experience, but while in love you're basically soaring above the Earth in a hot air balloon that's only got a limited amount of fuel. One day you'll run out of fuel and experience the worst fall of your life.

I was trying to practice something called metta meditation the other day, I was trying to focus on the feeling of love, and to extend that love to the world. While trying I realised I had forgotten what love felt like. I remembered times when I felt it, but the actual experience itself was alien to me. That being said, I also don't cry anymore, or get all that depressed. Sure, I can't remember what love feels like, but I also can't remember what intense emotional pain feels like. I just live a completely neutral life.
>>
>>28368258
I think i would just faint if they all stared at me.

too much pressure.
>>
>>28368128
It's better to have loved and lost, but it's easier to have never loved at all.

>>28368392
How old are you?
>>
>>28369405
>he's still so young and immature that he thinks wisdom comes with age
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
It is better tu bee betta.
>>
>>28369422
>He's going all out /bait
(you)
You been spotted.
>>
>>28368258
"There are exactly six of you who I would really like to have sex with."
>>
I would prefer never trying bacon to having jut one slice in my entire life
>>
>>28369446
Mozart wrote his first symphony when he was eight. You're not entitled to any sort of superiority because of your age.
>>
>>28369422
Well, maybe in some cases you'd be right, you can be a genius at a young age, and be extremely talented at a young age, but seeing as we're talking about life and the experiences it contains, yeah, wisdom does come with age, and increased experience.

It's not like music where you can practice constantly and be incredible by 8, everyone has the same amount of experience by 8. Also, I'm guessing you've never had sex or a relationship, so you really shouldn't be talking about it. Same as the mozart you're using in your examples wasn't a general, because he had no fucking experience in the field.
>>
>>28369568
Your problem is that you're so naive that you believe that emotional experience comes with age. There are many, many highschoolers who have been in more relationships and have a much higher emotional iq than the scores of 25+ khvs that post here. If you've gravitated towards a community like /r9k/ at all, then you should most likely not attempt to present yourself as some wizened sage.

Additionally, your ad hominem towards age instead of refuting the robot's point shows that you don't even understand the basic principles of proper debate etiquette and are probably incapable of explaining yourself.
>>
>>28369480
2 deep 4 me desu
>>
>>28369656
Sure, but those high schoolers that have been in relationships are still fucking naive and have no idea what they're talking about compared to literally any 80 year old.

What I said wasn't an ad hominem by the way, it was an assumption about his reasons for his beliefs, which I also refuted in the post, which you apparently missed despite them comprising easily 80% of what I posted. I'd also like to point out the hypocrisy in you saying what I did was ad hominem, and then doing the exact same thing in your first sentence by attempting to discredit me by calling me naive.

I'll restate it though.
You're right that in some fields you can be extremely talented and experienced by a young age. But when you're talking about life, which isn't a hobby, emotional development does come with age, and with experiences, hence why 15 year olds nearly all spout all sorts of dumb shit, and 50 year olds tend to be less likely to.

You simply haven't had enough experiences to be mature by the age of 18, excluding very, very extreme outlier cases.
I'd like to point out that you're defending the emotional maturity of a guy who claimed that love was entirely defined by ejaculating inside a vagina with an uncircumcised penis.
>>
>>28369656

>There are many, many highschoolers who have been in more relationships and have a much higher emotional iq than the scores of 25+ khvs that post here.

"Emotional IQ" sounds more naive than anything.

People are largely echo chambers when it comes to age related things up until their 30's, some mature a little quicker and others take their time. It's pretty fucking stupid to use high school relationships as some form of indicators of maturity, when most of them end rather quickly anyway, or are largely tied in sexual experimentation due to puberty and other factors.

If anything, i'd see the "late bloomers" being the generally more emotionally intelligent people, as they do not rush into relationships or if they commit to one, atleast try to make it work on more than a superficial level.

Saying that someone is more mature or has a higher "emotional IQ" just for entering a relationship is kind of stupid.

It's generally also tied that on emotionally intelligent levels, people tend to be less altruistic in general and a very large portion of humans who are largely more emphatetic and much more in tune with how people feel have (surprise, surprise) overall higher general IQ. This in turn can show in large as social anxiety, but i've never met a single intelligent person who wasn't likeable (although undeniably eccentric), but i've met plenty of people who could be qualified as "dumb" on both metrics.
>>
>>28368980
I think this is called the adaptation-level phenomenon: http://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Adaptation-Level%20Phenomenon

It's a comforting idea, but I can't help but wonder if it's really true.
>>
>>28369764
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

are you literally fucking so retarded that you dismiss something you've never heard of as fictional instead of googling it
>>
>>28368258
I would tell the bitch on the front left to not waste so much fucking food.
>>
>>28369817
>just ignoring his whole post to focus on one point

I really hope you weren't the same guy criticizing me for debate etiquette.
>>
>>28369817

>Since this time Goleman's 1995 theory has been criticized within the scientific community.

And it's still an ongoing debate. All that coupled, i'd rather have anedoctal evidence plucked out from my own experiences, then try to actually believe all the hundreds of "snowflake" stories about this kind of thing.

People are largely people, no matter where you go. IQ is the only metric that kind of ties people and their behaviour into anything. Intelligent people just tend to be intelligent and it pretty much shows up on every possible metric, including on the emotional level.
>>
File: loved you.jpg (22 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
loved you.jpg
22 KB, 500x351
>>28368128
Absolutely not. Losing your lover is more painful going cold turkey off crack.
>>
>>28369837
>i'm not but if i were you i'd get back to the explain what love is and not bitch about debate etiquette

>>28369858
>shifting goalposts the post
>>
Suffering is what gives happiness worth

Do you suffer because you don't have a gf? Then you're better off experiencing it

Your feelings have eroded and you don't feel anything? Then it's better to keep this way and never get involved
>>
>>28368128
Better to never have loved at all. Ignorance is bliss man, relationships are a cancer that slowly metastasize and shut down your heart.
I miss thinking about relationships in a romanticized and idealized way.
That being said, my experiences hardened me and made me the man I am today, and for that I'm grateful.
>>
>>28369877
>Which is better, A or B?
>No.
>>
>>28369886
>i'm not but if i were you i'd get back to the explain what love is and not bitch about debate etiquette

Why are you replying in greentext, for one? And secondly, it's not on me to prove anything, he claimed it was true, and couldn't prove it at all, just implied he was as mature as anyone else while also being inexperienced.

But in short, love is a complex emotion defined by deep feelings of emotional connection, dependency, trust and a level of obsession as well in some cases, assuming we're talking romantic love.

I wasn't the one who brought up debate etiquette originally, either.
>>
>>28368128
Loved and lost. Otherwise you get bords like this one where everyone obsesses over what being in love must be like.
>>
>>28369806
It reminds me of the popular girl in high school who tried to kill herself. If she can have friends and money and love and still be miserable, why should I strive for those things? An external observer might say that having a shit job and no gf is bad, but it works for me.
>>
>>28370155
Fuck off i want nothing to do with it. If i lost i will end her and me fuck you fuck life fuck this shit I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE HERE ON THIS
MUDHOLE OF SHIT FUCK YOU ALL.

I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU LOVEFAGS I HOPE YOU FUCKING GET KEKED YOU SCUM CUNTS. I HATE LOVE I HATE TO LOSE AND I WILL BE DAMMED IF I SPEND ANOTHER DAY ON THIS PLANET.
>>
>>28369656
>>28369756
Are you getting this worked up about the "uncut no condom" meme?
>>
>>28370218
Since when is having a discussion getting worked up? We're not even talking about that, either, we were talking about emotional maturity.
>>
>>28368178
>slav shit
>fucking risotto
>wat.jpg
>>
>>28368128
first love is devastating to lose.

After ~6 months it should be better

The ones afterwards get easier
>>
>>28368128

Better to have killed yourself and dropped out of the race.
>>
File: Angry Wookiee.jpg (24 KB, 272x338) Image search: [Google]
Angry Wookiee.jpg
24 KB, 272x338
God almighty, I just want to take the one fourth from the front, on the right, grab her hair, and just fucking smash her face into her plate five or ten times.

"IT DOES NOT MAKE THE DUCKFACE, IT IS DIRTY. IT DOES NOT MAKE THE FUCKING DUCKFACE, IT IS FUCKING DIRTY."
>>
>>28368128

It's basically the "Grass is greener on the other side" saying. My "relationships" have all ended in disaster and I would rather be a KHV. I cringe everytime I think how awkwardly retarded I was when I first held hands, kissed a girl, etc. Those memories are not very pleasant and I would rather avoid putting myself in that vulnerable position again.
You have to understand that when you fall for a girl, you act like a complete faggot.
>>
>>28370350
I think she's just chewing anon.
>>
File: Edges.jpg (237 KB, 917x720) Image search: [Google]
Edges.jpg
237 KB, 917x720
>>28370205
Careful, Timmy, don't cut anybody.
>>
>>28370371
Yeah, "just chewing," that's what they all say.
>>
File: Love.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Love.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>28370351
>You have to understand that when you fall for a girl, you act like a complete faggot.
>>
>>28370395
Fuck you tucker eat my asshole through a zebra
>>
>>28370290
Fair enough. I think I have a tendency when browsing 4chan to see anger where there isn't any.
>>
>>28368128
Love and lost is best. Being vulnerable and loving someone takes guts and of course you're gonna get hurt. But not loving at all sucks the worst
>>
File: oh...jpg (48 KB, 1223x152) Image search: [Google]
oh...jpg
48 KB, 1223x152
>>28370441

This post best sums up what I think about romance. It's a skill and I just happen to be bad at it. I wish I hadn't found that out the hard way.
>>
>>28370513
stupid trucking normies eat shit.
>>
>>28370474
Yeah, all good, I tend to do the same, it's rare to see any sort of conversation that doesn't just turn into shitflinging and people getting angry at each other constantly over next to nothing, but yeah, I think this was just people talking this time.
>>
>>28369764
>but i've never met a single intelligent person who wasn't likeable
Sue Focking Tru!

I just recently had a long discussion about that. I personally think one has to be careful when judging intelligence and that there are intelligent people who do dumb things, too. Just to not get fooled by my own misunderstanding of people sometimes. But true... I think this simple equasion is a bit underrated even.
>>
>>28368258
I'd honestly sit there and eat my meal in silence. They are the ones being weird, not me for once.
>>
>>28368128
either way, doesn't matter

me on the back right (bald guy)
>>
>>28368128
Can't say, nobody can try both to compare them.
>>
>>28368128
>me at the back
>>
>>28368128

they're as bad as each other frankly
>>
I reckon its like drugs, if you have a hit and u enjoy the shit out of it, you will come back craving more. If you don't do it its a mystery to how it feels, and thus there is always temptation never addiction
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.