[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you fell for the computer science meme I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: newhorizons1.jpg (42 KB, 483x423) Image search: [Google]
newhorizons1.jpg
42 KB, 483x423
>tfw you fell for the computer science meme

I don't know how a merge sort works or what a matrix is. What the fuck is Poisson distribution?? Why didn't I just go into front end web design like everybody else? Someone kill me.
>>
>>28365703
How do you not know what a matrix is? That's high school math.
>>
wow you definitely fell for that stem meme
Good thing I literally just graduated two days ago
>>
India is that way.
>>
Merge sort is so simple though.
>>
>>28365732
Is it the same as a multi-dimensional array and why are matrices useful?
>>
File: japanese-woman.jpg (45 KB, 789x435) Image search: [Google]
japanese-woman.jpg
45 KB, 789x435
I keep seeing this "O log n" stuff on stack exchange. Do I need to know what that is?
>>
>>28365797
They represent linear transformations.
>>
>>28365797
They didnt make you take a linear algebra class?
Probably all you took is discrete math
matrix operations represent linear time invariant systems, which are good approximation of real life physical systems

>>28365863
lol nm you dont even have basic discrete math
>>
File: 1462122602208.jpg (61 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1462122602208.jpg
61 KB, 800x670
>>28365703
>tfw avoided the CS meme
>still ended up working as a software engineer anyways

Almost makes being 30k in debt for a polisci degree worth it. Almost.
>>
>>28365863
the retard explanation of big-o notation is "order of"

in this case you have stuff that is O(log n) which means "terms on the order of/scaling like log n" (again, in retard language -- go actually look up the math definition).
>>
>>28365703
Hang in there. It's tough, but you'll be paid better than the people in front end web design.
>>
>>28366137
>get a bachelor's in applied IT from community college
>fall for the CS meme and try to go for a master's at uni
>it's just 45 hours of math lectures a week that all go over my head
>drop out after a year and get a webdev job
>salary is in the top 0.1% in the field

You don't need a CS degree or even any degree to get comfy high paying jobs in IT.
>>
File: 1462248681491.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1462248681491.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>mfw I'm really good at CS despite not being in it for super long
>mfw when my discrete structures prof said I was gifted
>mfw I do all my assignments the day they're due and get 100%
>mfw I'm also a grill
I don't usually get to feel proud of myself because I have enough acne to make me bretty ugly, but right now I sure do feel nice.
>>
>>28367278
What school femanon?
be my cs gf
>>
>>28365703
I see these threads in /g/ all the time. Getting quite tired of it honestly, because now I don't know If I should ever bother going to college.
>>
>>28367278
>>mfw I do all my assignments the day they're due and get 100%

i'm so jealous
>>
>>28367405
A degree always helps (especially if it is a STEM degree.) A CS degree rarely helps unless you are genuinely interested in algorithms and shit.
>>
>>28367448
I mean I live in Australia so its probably called something else :/
>>
>>28367278
Where's your github?
Do you have a blog?
>>
>went into cs despite being shit at it
>struggle with all homework/tests
>shit at interviewing, havent even sent out resume
>graduating next week
>had major
>only thing i have fun doing with it is making 2d video games

i am a loser
>>
File: pool.jpg (163 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
pool.jpg
163 KB, 640x853
You're expendable, bro

There's one billion people in both China and India. A substantial portion of those populations are at least aware of the existence of the software industry. Some may even picture it as a job where you sit at a computer inside a building with air conditioning and water fountains and ready internet access (ie, as opposed to running a wheelbarrow full of bricks around outside in the sun half-naked all day)

As third world immigration penetrates America and Europe, third world values and business practices become more important. That is, the value of merit declines, while the value of family and personal connections increases. You will always find Chinese Students' Associations and Indian Students' Associations at any schools with sizable populations of those minorities. Guest speakers, people from various industries attend. Guess what goes on there.

If you go to a top ten school in your country and rank within the top 20% of your class, your chances are good.

Elsewise, you'll be one of those occupy wall street faggots in the next round.
>>
File: 1427753451072.png (53 KB, 400x459) Image search: [Google]
1427753451072.png
53 KB, 400x459
>>28367680
>If you go to a top ten school in your country and rank within the top 20% of your class, your chances are good.
>>
>>28365703
I just got accepted today to UC Santa Cruz for comp sci, do I run away or accept lads, this is not a meme, I repeat, this is not a meme
>>
>>28367558
>4chan
>posting github
If I was a girl, I'd rather post tits.
>>
>>28368142
Accept, what's the worst that could happen? I mean besides failing, getting kicked out, and being burdened with a shit ton of student debt?
>>
>>28367680
Why are there so many Indians in IT? Are they really smart or something? Or do companies not give a fuck how talented they are and just want cheap labor?
>>
>Falling for the STEM meme

You won't get a job from it because
a) You still need to network
b) Even if you muster up the courage to network, it's now an over-saturated market. Everyone fell for the STEM meme
>>
>>28368610
This. STEM is the new Law.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.