[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come women think height is masculine or feminine so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
How come women think height is masculine or feminine so much more than men do? I don't get it.
>>
>>28365103
>women are more fixated on height than men

You're joking, right? People on this board alone focus on height all the time. Don't even get me started with /fit/
>>
File: 1459413391624.jpg (392 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1459413391624.jpg
392 KB, 800x600
>>28365103

>men aren't shallow enough to discriminate on something like height
>men don't care about their friends physical features

>he doesnt realise height is the universily accepted most desirable trait in a male

you do get it, you just pretend you don't
>>
>>28365173
Yeah its not like you can find countless dating profiles of women saying stuff like: "Don't message unless you are at least 6'1 or I will report you for harassment!"
>>
>>28365173
Only because of vocal height shills and women's fixation on height.
>>28365183
Men don't care about height in women nearly as much as women care about height in men, and short men are far more open to dating women taller than themselves. Women tend to proceed to justify their preference by saying tallness is masculine and shortness is feminine. Can you answer OP's Q?
>>
They complain about how women are portrayed in the media yet they won't even talk to a guy if he isn't 6'3 or taller and has a 12 inch dick.
>>
I see being short as feminine but not in a bad way. I really want a short skinny cute boyfriend who fuck because I like to imagine he has a slender girly dick. However I feel like most guys would find this demeaning and not want to be with a girl who viewed them this way.
>>
>Be short
>Have fetish for taller women
>tfw most if not all women I know are normies
Well...
>>
>>28365349
This is exactly what I'm looking for in a relationship, plus I'm 5' 11" with a 6" x 5" penis so I won't be embarrassingly short or badly endowed. New England and/or Florida?
>>
>>28365103
Why are men so obsessed with boob size?

It's just the part of our brain that helped us survive long winters and famines, escape droughts and travel long distances and fight other males for dominance.

It affects some people more than others.

I had no idea women cared about height but I've also never been a BIG B008Z guy, either. Don't let it get you down, a woman may not approach you because you aren't tall enough, but I don't know a single woman who wouldn't date a short guy if she liked them.
>>
>>28366325
You're not addressing the question.
>>
>>28366376
I literally answered the question. They're looking for mates. Evolution has guided them toward looking for mates good at surviving famine, being dominate, and running fast. Tall people are good at those things.

It's not just women who notice it. Women are certainly more often drawn to that quality sexually, but male colleagues regularly describe their taller co-workers as seeming more confident, kind, and capable than shorter ones.

It's in the genes.
>>
>>28365173
you're not even answering the question lololol
>>
>>28365173
people are focused on height...BECAUSE WOMEN are selecting based on height...

No one is obsessing or complaining about their favorite color because women don't choose their mates based on that
>>
>>28366528
You responded. You didn't address the question.
>famine
Nooooo
>It's in the genes
What is? Women wanting good mates? Or are height specifically? Show some scientific proof if that's what you mean. Or don't. I'd prefer it if you'd just address OP's question.
>>
>>28366092
West coast unfortunately.
>>
>>28366666
[original] Insane digits [/original]
>>
>>28366663
Maybe I don't understand.

He's asking why women see tall people as more masculine? Culture is involved, and sexual attraction, sexual association. Men tend to be taller than women. Conflation is likely an important psychological element. Women are more likely to associate sexual attraction with height since women are shorter than men. But women are also thinking, subconsciously, "who would make a good mate? Who would compliment my genes?" and being shorter means that women would be inclined to search for taller men to have taller babies with.

I don't understand how the answer of this question goes beyond evolution, sexuality, and conflation. I'm not trying to be obtuse, I literally don't understand.
>>
File: 1358713279899.jpg (1 MB, 1512x1944) Image search: [Google]
1358713279899.jpg
1 MB, 1512x1944
estrogen causes growth plates to fuse, height is pretty much THE masculine trait
>>
>>28366858
You may be halfway there. The other half is the other side of the coin: men's perceptions of masculinity and femininity based on height, and why they conflate them far less than women do. The real answer to OP's Q may have nothing to do with attraction.

>>28366995
High testosterone will lead to that as well.
>>
File: RAMlets.png (572 KB, 915x678) Image search: [Google]
RAMlets.png
572 KB, 915x678
>tfw 16GB
>>
>>28367035
'no'

Testosterone has no effect on chondrocyte apoptosis, the only only way high testosterone could cause premature chondrocyte apoptosis is if you had high level of aromatase, which means you're a high estro fatty bitchboi faggot
>>
>>28366858
>>28367035
I mean you sorta answered the other half. It's not just the perception of the opposite sex, though. Tall women complain about feeling masculine and unfeminine. Short men don't complain about that nearly as much.

>>28367251
>if you had high level of aromatase
And that doesn't occur with high test?
>>
>>28367365
Not if you're not a fatty bitchboi faggot, no.

Height is universally seen as a masculine trait because it is a masculine trait.

cry moar manlet
>>
>>28367547
Based on your image above I figured that your end goal here is to make manlets feel bad. That last comment just confirmed it for me.

BTW I think your conjecture is not necessarily factual. But feel free to try and make me cry by providing proof.
>>
>>28365103
height is desirable among men and women. The difference is that men are ugly and women are pretty, so the least a man can do is be tall (and rich).
>>
File: 1369172970655.jpg (93 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1369172970655.jpg
93 KB, 700x500
>>28367696
Are you illiterate or just stupid?

You asked why height is seen as a masculine trait. I answered. Estrogen causes apoptosis of the chondrocytes of the physis, ergo, height is PURE. UNADULTERATED. MASCULINITY. You refused to accept this inarguable scientific fact because you're a cry-baby manlet bitchboi faggot

Now go be short somewhere else
>>
>>28367918
Incorrect.

Diminutiveness is as desirable in women as height is in man, for the same reason, height is a masculine trait.
>>
>>28367924
You half-assed my question, skirted around it, and WHAM:

>TALLNESS MASCULINTY blah blah blah

as usual. Because that's how you reach your end goal and you'll attempt to reach that conclusion however you can. It's been that way for years, on /r9k/ and /fit/, but at least /fit/ is generally more educated about endocrinology and therefore more likely to correct you.

I don't see that many men completing puberty with bitch tits.
>>
>>28367924
I'll think I'll be short near you, seems to bother you. :D
>>
File: 1339222010804.jpg (128 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1339222010804.jpg
128 KB, 500x333
>>28368036
>You half-assed my question, skirted around it
So just stupid?

Your question, and I quote "How come women think height is masculine or feminine so much more than men do?"

The second part is false, and the first part has been answered.

>more likely to correct you
kek

Estrogen causing physis chondrocyte apoptosis is fucking 3rd grade physiology, tard.

Fucking manlets, when will they learn?
>>
File: AA2_03_4404.png (35 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
AA2_03_4404.png
35 KB, 256x384
Nothing worse than being in height limbo. 5'9' here. Tallest guy in one store, shortrest fucker in the next one. It's fucking pain. I wish I could just cap out at 6'0' but I'm going to be 23 in 19 days, it's fucking over.

Thankfully I'm taller than most girls, but a few get too close for comfort.
>>
>>28365103

i don't think any female-dominated forum spends as much time thinking about height as /r9k/ does
>>
>>28368118
How much do you get paid? Seriously.

You somehow knew I was OP.

>The second part is false
What?

>and the first part has been answered.
you mean
>Estrogen causing physis chondrocyte apoptosis is fucking 3rd grade physiology
? And testosterone won't? And again, I don't see that many males with gynecomastia or other feminine traits popping up when they stop growing.

>Fucking manlets, when will they learn?
Never. NEVER. Keep up the good work! It's paying off. Literally ($$$).
>>
>>28368118
no learning going on here 5'6 at 25 going on 26 in june

deal with it ;)
>>
File: 1333253051369.jpg (17 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1333253051369.jpg
17 KB, 413x395
>>28368230
>And testosterone won't?
No, as I've repeatedly stated, physis chondrocytes are mediated by estrogen not by testosterone. Height is not a sex-linked trait I know you're far too stupid to understand what this means and are going to misconstrue it, and I'm going to laugh my ass off when you do. Eat a bag of dicks faggot

Height == Masculinity. <-- that's a FULL MOTHERFUCKING STOP, shorty
>>
>>28368611
Not directly. (Notice how I didn't necessarily refute your argument. I guess that means we can let it rest, riiight?)

Okay, I'll eat a bag of dicks. Thanks.
>>
File: 1320468651228.jpg (11 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
1320468651228.jpg
11 KB, 250x202
>>28368673
>Not directly.

>>28367251
>Testosterone has no effect on chondrocyte apoptosis
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.