[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College dropout thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: unc_asheville_logo.gif (9 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
unc_asheville_logo.gif
9 KB, 250x140
Everyone that's dropped out of college talk about your experience. Everyone that wants to drop out read them and say why you want to drop out. Everyone that wanted to drop out, didn't, and finished say the pros and cons of that pathway.I personally dropped out after transferring out of community college. Being around spoiled rotten rich white kids that complained about being broke 24/7 wore down on me. I couldn't pick a major and just felt like I was wasting time. I dropped out and got a job at a factory and I'm now admittedly gonna make a fuckton less than I would but I am a fuckton more happy because of my decision.
>>
>Straight As in high school
>No direction in life
>Oh shit it's senior year. Fuck everybody's talking about getting accepted into college
>Apply to nearby state school a month before dead lines
>Only applied there because 2 of my friends were going there and it was close to home
>Take up a major I didn't really care about
>Change major 3 times in 1 year
>Don't really care. Still directionless
>Drop out because I was just wasting money and wasn't mature enough to take college seriously

I'm happy I dropped out when I did, I was way too immature back then to pick a major I would want to have for the rest of my life
>>
>>28363188
>get into prestigious college
>do super badly

who else /retard/ here
if i tried hard just for 4 years i could make 100k right out of graduation

instead i fuck my life and watch anime
>>
>go to college after high school
>lonely
>lonely
>lonely
>get A.A
>take semester off
>lonely
>transfer schools
>lonely
>grades slip
>lonely
>take semester off
>go back
>lonely
>grades slip further
>lonely
>take semester off
>take semester off
>try to go back
>fail class I needed
>decided fuck it and drop out
>lonely
>lonely
>>
>go to university located in ghetto
>terrible gender ratio
>cant walk off campus without getting mugged
>get LOL WEED DUDE room mate
>he always wakes me up when he comes back from parties drunk
>0 friends
>loneliness, depression, boredom, stress
>sat in my dorm on my laptop 90% of the time
>depression became overwhelming and had to drop out

Now I'm NEET, but I plan to go back to community college. Community college looks a lot better based off my research. Anyone else ever transfer from uni to community college? How did it work out for you?
>>
Does anyone have experience with trades, specifically electrician? Should I take classes at the community college or is there a better way to start? I'm about to get kicked out of university.
>>
>>28363188
>Go to university
>Get cancer second year
>Drop out

It's pretty simple, really.
>>
>>28363188

my sister went to unca and i had sex with a girl at unca who was crazy

tl;dr unca is crazy
>>
>>28363469
Why are you wasting your life watching anime?
>>
>>28364926
its more fun i guess
>>
>be smart but lazy meme
>stayed in dorms first semester
>stoned always
>do shitty in class
>don't care about major anyway
>second year parents won't pay for dorms because of shit grades
>commute sucks
>still bad grades and stoned
>drop out
>do 8 years in navy as reactor operator
>get job at steel mill for 90k/yr
>shift work 4 days on 4 days off
>sleep at work and go online most of the time

9/10 would recommend
>>
File: 1460498539028.jpg (309 KB, 582x456) Image search: [Google]
1460498539028.jpg
309 KB, 582x456
>>28363188
>graduate top of class in HS
>get tons of experience in the STEM field I want to go in from HS
>take college classes during HS
>arrange to go to college with 2 only/closest friends
>get placed in a math class higher than them
>start off with a 3.0 GPA but doing well in Calc
>abusive family can't just shut up and be supportive
>destroys everything, my social networks, outdoor life, motivation; I slink into crippling depression
>lose ability to do math
>lose ability to function in class
>fail out of college 2 semesters later
>i'm not alone and browse 4chan all day while working part time
>i rarely go outside besides for work
>still waiting to go see doctors
>parents will insist that i'm the problem
>I legitimately was working hard on my career and my parents ruined all of it for personal reasons and I'm supposed to be grateful and love them
>>
>>28365319
>abusive family can't just shut up and be supportive
>>destroys everything, my social networks, outdoor life, motivation; I slink into crippling depression

explain
>>
>>28365143
>willing working shift work

You must have been surface. I would never do shift work ever
>>
>>28365143
>do 8 years in navy as reactor operator
where were you stationed? were you actually on a nuclear sub or something?
>>
>>28365681
Charleston and Norfolk. I was on an aircraft carrier not subs tho
>>
>>28365603
Night shift is the best man. No real bosses around so if nothing's going on i can just pass out or just generally fuck off
>>
>>28363188
>Had good HS GPA, but shit SAT because of an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder and learning disability that made me shit at everything but verbal reasoning
>Went into a liberal arts college for stupid degree I could have honestly made it to grad school in (Philosophy)
>Had one professor offer to cowrite a paper with me freshman year
>Had another professor offer to recommend me for a scholarship to study in France for a semester
>Be self defeating and a coward, so pass on all opportunities
>Slowly realize that the things I'm good at aren't worth the paper their degrees are printed on
>Bail on my semi-interesting major to take a psychology degree I with brain dead chads and stacies who needed an easy major so they could get out in 4 years
>ItsTheBestOfHumanitiesAndScience!.tiff
>Slide deeper into self-doubt, depression, and isolation as I realize all the people around me are awful
>Try to change majors a few times to something STEM but the stress of those classes does me in before the end of the first week of classes

I think I almost dropped out at least six times in my last three years and would have if I hadn't had good financial aid. I figured that any degree was better than no degree and I guess that is sort of true.

When I graduated, I didn't even tell my family when the date was hoping they would just fuck off. They showed up pissed anyways and guilted me into walking during the ceremony. My gran died never knowing that I'd even finished college because I never called or sent out announcements.

Six months later, I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and started feeling a lot better. It still doesn't make my memories of college hurt less, but I feel more optimistic now. Still have nightmares about school every now and again.
>>
>>28365447
he dont need to explain that, families just do that shit. talk to anyone working a mcjob and going to a community college part time. not every parent thinks about the long term consequences of their actions as householders and breadwinners with kids
>>
>>28367316
UC is debilitating man. Not giving advice, but I hope you live in a state with legal weed. A friend of mine with UC did shit like you, went off the deep end, but ended up just doing contract IT/netsec work and made his way out as much as he could.
>>
ayy dropped out in December
Going to a cc this fall
Probably gonna drop out again and just kill myself
Fuck this living bullshit
Bills, medicine, food, taxes, housing, transportation, etc
Don't need and never asked for that stress
>>
>valedictorian and NM Finalist in high school
>had always been depressed and didn't make it into my top choice
>go to a expensive private school on half-tuition
>act like a total autist because I'm not self-aware yet (tried to wear my shitty clothes when checking out a frat, didn't get in obviously)
>have no willpower, classes are for a major I don't like and am forcing myself to do because pre-med
>wanted to be doctor for the fulfillment fantasy not because I find wageslavery appealing
>do horrible first semester (under 3.0)
>have to sheepishly make excuses to family and friends
>feel miserable
>resent normalfags and fellow STEMLORDS
>weekends are spent alone with anime/manga while they party and socialize
>mental breakdown, stop leaving room
>drop out because of depression
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.