[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: growlithe.jpg (62 KB, 688x781) Image search: [Google]
growlithe.jpg
62 KB, 688x781
Well robots, prom is this weekend and I am most likely the only one not going to it. A lot of people said it was really fun and a once in a lifetime experience - How was prom like for you guys? Did you guys go with someone?
>>
I went with a friend. Mostly just sat around, but I wasn't the only one so it was ok. Also we had a small class, so it wasn't a bunch of strangers.

Food was pretty good. All things considered, it could've been much worse. And now I can truthfully say I went to prom.
>>
>>28362141
Didn't go to mine, got drunk instread.
>>
>>28362141
The only one not going? Is your class size like 100 people?
>>
>>28362141
>prom is this weekend
You need to be over 18, etc.
>>
>>28362193
Like over 600, but so far a lot of my classmates were talking about prom so I assume almost everyone is going.

>>28362189
You regret that?
>>
>>28362141
I went with a 4/10 friend. I was asked the night before because her original date had a last-minute emergency or something. I had to borrow a tux from my dad, which didn't fit perfectly. The limo hit a curb, which caused me to slide off my seat. I didn't have enough money to cover our dinner, so she had to chip in.

The prom itself was meh. At least I can say I went.

Afterwards, I just went with a couple guy friends to a hookah bar. This was in 2005, and hookah bars were kinda big where I was living.

The whole experience is pretty much exactly as I envisioned it would be.
>>
>prom 2012
>walk to pier with a fifth of cheap vodka and a pack of smokes
>finish both and sob tripping over my feet on the way home
>scream at my mom about how I am a loser and it isn't anyone's fucking fault but mine
I still sometimes catch her looking at me then crying
>>
>>28362290
Yeah, prom doesn't look all as enticing as people think it to be. I might as well just spend the night playing vidya or studying for my exams.
>>
Is "the prom" really as hyped and revered as it is in real life compared to the movies and tv shows that come from america?

It's central to the plot of every teen movie from over there.
I see how it can be somewhat important to a student, but not to the degree that its portrayed.

It just seems weird how so much importance can be placed on a short 3 or 4 hour little dance.
>>
>>28362385
So were you at prom doing this or a different location? Either way, sorry to hear that anon. I just ignore the fact that I'm a socially awkward aspie and just move on with life.
>>
>>28362141
>How was prom like for you guys? Did you guys go with someone?
I asked a girl that I liked for the last two years out and she surprisingly said yes. The pairs had to enter together on the hall, and when we met the first thing I did was comment about this dead cat that had been run over just outside the place. The rest of the night was awkward, and I have the general memory that it was a disaster. Thanks for bringing it up, OP.
>>
>>28362397
Yeah, unless you actually have a qt date or are part of the "in" crowd, it's really only worth going if you feel the need to cross it off your bucket list.
>>
Junior year I had a QT 3.14 younger girl friend and I didn't go to prom.

Senior year I didn't go and that year was the start of being a loner (over 5 years ago).
>>
>>28362141
I'll go with you to prom anon.
>>
>>28362476
Ah, thought so. I know some other aspies that are going even though they don't have dates or "in" crowds and I think why are they doing this
>>
>>28362141
I didn't go. I graduated high school in 2003, and this is the first time I've even thought about prom since then. Anyone who says you'll regret it at all, much less "for the rest of your life" or some bullshit is a fucking liar.
>>
I'm not going and I'm about 99% certain I won't regret it. Any other school social gathering I went to wasn't fun so why would this be different?
>>
File: 1455327403145.jpg (115 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1455327403145.jpg
115 KB, 1440x810
I went to my gf's prom. She was a year ahead of me so I got to hang out with all my friends. Didn't actually go to mine, my graduating class sucked so I don't feel like I miss out on anything, seeing as I still went to prom, even though it wasn't "mine".
>>
>>28363138
Same here. Video Games > Prom
>>
>>28362141
proms not that big of a deal is it? i wouldn't know i went to a private boarding school. my graduating class was like 6 people. i think you new kids think you think life is harder than it actually is.
>>
I literally went with royalty from a gulf state. She was a childhood friend and we both went to a private school, but I didn't find out she was royalty until after I had asked her. It was nice
>>
>>28362189
Same. A friend and I got wasted and did a bunch of retarded shit all throughout the neighborhood and local mall section. Way better than prom could ever hope to be.
>>
>>28362141
I didn't go to prom.
>>
File: 1429899187008.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1429899187008.png
246 KB, 550x535
>asked my prom date if she was down for any afterbashes
>"sorry anon, my parents won't let me"

FUCK. How am I supposed to get laid now?
>>
>>28362141
>well robots I wanted to let you guys know Im underage and wanted to be b&
>>
>>28362141
Prom sucked it was awkward and gay, if your a social retard dont get set up with the cute chubby girl n just stay home.
>>
>plan big after party with normie friends
>more excited for that than actual prom
>two weeks before prom, friend who was having the party says she can't have it anymore
>some person I don't know decides to have it instead
>invites everyone that was going to the first party except me
>think fuck it and try and get in anyway
>have an actual guest list at her house
>feel like an idiot because i'm not on it
>she is clearly pissed off that I showed up but takes pity on me anyway
>everyone knew I shouldn't be there and it gets kind of awkward
>stay at the back of the house all night, hiding
>too awkward to even get drunk
>very aware that everyone wants me to leave even though they were my friends
And that's the day the normie life died for me. fuck prom.
>>
>>28362141
>prom 2011
>went with qtpi gf and danced for a few songs
>realized we hate prom
>left to go smoke because chain smokers
>end up banging in car
>5/10 wasnt fond of it

>prom 2012
>went with a gf from a different school
>slut is trying to get hot on bothered grinding on me all night
>decide she didnt want to go home that night so she came back to my place
>banged like niggers
>7/10

>prom 2013
>went to yet another prom with another girl
>drive to some country club on a party bus with teenagers
>notthisshitagain.jpg
>DJ plays the same shit as the last three proms, normie funny dance music
>people ask if I can buy beer for them later
>no
>fall asleep on busride home as they are blaring rap music
>gf not amused
>2/10 would not prom again
>>
>>28362141
I didn't go and I have no regrets. Glad to see my youngest brother is gonna go and have a good time but it didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now. Only losers who peaked in high school talk about prom as if it was the best time of their life four years after the fact.
>>
>>28364803
>3 gfs in 3 years
the only place normies aren't supposed to be and they ruin that too. such is life.
>>
>>28364803
You had 3 girlfriends?
>>
File: 1461508269403.png (235 KB, 746x596) Image search: [Google]
1461508269403.png
235 KB, 746x596
>didn't go to prom
>didn't go to grad ceremony or party
>didn't take a picture or leave a message for the yearbook
>didn't go on the end of year trip

Who else just disappeared?
>>
Aw, man. When they made the announcement that seniors could leave early for prom, I was the only one in the class who stayed seated. People who's names I didn't even know walked by and asked me why I wasn't going and I had to pathetically mutter some response to make them leave.

Then the old cunt of a teacher actually continued class.
>>
>>28366060
Why didn't you just leave anyway?
>>
yeah, i didnt go, happy with a gf now, prom isnt a big deal at all.
>>
>>28366088
They wouldn't give passes to students without prom tickets.
>>
Took half a molly and went stag. I enjoyed watching what my classmates made such a big fuss about but honestly I was pretty out of it. I didn't get invited to any after parties or whatnot just went home and played league
>>
if this thread gets 100 replies i don't think i'll be coming back to R9K
>>
prom itself sucks, but the get togethers/after parties surrounding it can be fun
>>
Didn't go to mine, played video games instead. We were too poor for that shit. Tickets were expensive. A tux was expensive. Didn't have anyone to go with. Would've just stood around drinking punch all afternoon. Fuck that.

No regrets.
>>
I was working , wage cucking it til the end
>>
My mom guilt tripped me into going. I went with my friend who was also dateless. It was okay.
>>
>>28362141
>Asked a 8/10 qt I'd had a massive crush on for years.
>She said yes
>I didn't think that far ahead, beta'ed out and didn't speak to her again until the night of prom.
>Couldn't contain my spaghetti when I saw her, we shared a slow dance or two, might've kissed, don't remember, spent most of the night with my bros.
>Spent more time grinding with the school's 10/10 and her 9/10 bff
Afterwards she went for a slumber party with the rest of the 'nerdy girls' while me, my nerdy mates and most everyone else went and got absolutely wasted at the rich af Slavic guy's beach house.

Honestly it was a pretty gr8 even with all that shit. Most of my mates were dateless but they still had a good time.
>>
Didn't go, didn't even know it was happening, at the time, since I was out of the loop and I didn't take note of the date of it, since I never considered going.

I haven't regretted it. Maybe some day I will, if I forget how socially incompetent I was at the time. But it's hard to forget the way you used to be, if you're still like that, and expect to remain like that.
I guess I won't regret it.
>>
>>28362198
I find it funny how you think that once you graduate high school, you turn 18.
>>
I ended up dropping out Senior year

Why is prom such a big fucking deal to you faggots?
>>
Mine is next month and I am very likely not to go.
Despite the fact that I am a KV, I don't have many people I could talk with. I spend my school breaks mostly alone so I don't see any point in wasting my parents' money for this crap.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.