[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex-robot here AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1461449096136.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461449096136.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1200
'Sup robots,

I'm currently 21 years old, and I've considered myself to be a bot until I was approximately 20. It's been a long road but I can now socialize with pretty much who I want, regularly have sex and can contain my anxiety 96% of the time. I have to say I'm not necessarily happier, but I generally feel better, especially considering where I come from.

>How?

Basically not listening to any of my doubts and fears I signed up for a degree that requires me to study abroad two years. Half way through it here I am.

I sincerely desire to help whomever will request it so there it is, AMA
>>
>>28361660
How much do you work out? And should I buy a hugo boss suit?
>>
>>28361660
how do you get sex ?
>>
I have days where I feel hopeful and motivated, and some where I feel entirely hopeless.

Does this still happen to you? Do you recall this kind of cycle?
>>
>>28361694
Gym three times a week on average but I really go there to meet new people in a chill context. It's a virtuous cycle, once you meet someone they'll introduce you to their friends etc etc, and since you already share an apparent common interest it's much easier to socialize than let's say at parties.
A suit is always nice to have. Doesn't have to be from a high end brand tho.

>>28361695
Once you've kissed you just take your time and build it up from there.
To kiss it's really about gaining experience to spot the positive signals really
>>
>>28361772
Absolutely..
I'd say it's about reversing the cycle:

I used to mitigate my occasional happiness by remembering that tomorrow I'll be sad again.
If you manage to accumulate a few good days in a short time then you can have it the other way around, and remember that it's okay to feel hopeless, but that you owe yourself to work so that the next day can be joyful again
>>
>>28361866

Besides excersizing, what did you begin to do that brought about this change in your life?

Would you consider yourself any happier or simply more normal?
>>
>>28361803
You mean parties are bad for socializing ? (not sure if I understood you)
Cause I kinda feel like that... I'm always an outsider at parties
>>
>>28361660
So how do I get rid of my social anxiety? The recurring thoughts never end.
>>
File: Perplexe.jpg (25 KB, 528x440) Image search: [Google]
Perplexe.jpg
25 KB, 528x440
>>28361963
Yeah me too breh. They're not necessarily bad, but it feels like you're thrown into this pit of people you don't know with pretty much no escape, quite anxiety inducing desu. That's why I prefer to socialize in a context where I have a given angle of attack, for fuck's sake even being in a working group for classes works better. Then again, if you need to attend a party alcohol is your friend.

>>28361922
As I said, I literally moved from France to the US so that's a pretty big change that not everybody can make.
Also, a very important point is what I call the "FuckThisShit moment". In the past I wouldn't go out because I feared many irrealistic things, wouldn't socialize cause I was worried of what people would think, would be self-conscious about my body etc etc etc.
I don't remember exactly when, but I've started to question myself: "what's the worst that can happen? Worst possible scenario I die. For all other scenarios, if shit goes too horrible I can always kill myself and not bear this shit anymore. Therefore, fuck it I'll try"

It's kinda twisted to think like that but oddly enough it really helped me put things in perspective. Think about the most embarrassing situation you could be in. Yeah, you pissed yourself in front of everybody at this party, you probably will avoid these 25 people for the rest of your life. So fucking what? There 6 billions fellas you can talk to instead, so fuck it, go for it and no shit shall be given about anything that is not enjoyable.
>>
>>28362017
As I said, you don't really want to get rid of it, but merely learn to deal with it to the point where you don't give a shit about it anymore.
Ask yourself what are you afraid of, and put your answers in perspective as said in >>28362127
>>
>>28362127
Can you get like fuckbuddies ?
If yeah I need help on that. I know you gotta be honest about it cause idk might reveal the "bitchy side" but idk how

Also frenchfag here too, how's the us compared to france ?
>>
>>28361660

You will always be a robot within. You can pretend in a new environment you're not, but it will return. Enjoy this feeling while it lasts.
>>
File: 1456329178493.gif (2 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1456329178493.gif
2 MB, 500x250
>>28362396
Yeah, don't wanna get a gf right now so I have fuckbuddies. I feel like it starts as fuckbuddies most of the time and eventually moves on to relationship, around here at least. +If you have sex in less than a week from meeting here, you can assume she doesn't really want a relation.

It's pretty nice honestly. I'm from Paris so having people being chill is a welcomed change.

>>28362523
Maybe you're right, maybe not. I hope not.
>>
>>283622112
Why would you not want to get rid of it? Then u didn't really solve the problem right and also wat exactly did u do to get better socially i really need some concrete stuff
>>
>>28362211
>>28363084
Mjhgfdxz
>>
File: 3cCFthy.png (995 KB, 1120x1226) Image search: [Google]
3cCFthy.png
995 KB, 1120x1226
Can you go more in depth on how to work your way around the hopelessness feeling because I do feel motivated and happy occasionaly because im currently trying to change too.
>>
How do you flirt with girls?
>>
Did you struggle having sex the first couple of times?
I may get laid soon. I was about to fuck her the other day but I wasn't getting hard so I stopped, but it wasn't that awkward because we were in a parking lot so leaving without fucking was understandable.
I don't wanna lose the only girl that's ever liked me cause I don't know how to sex, though.
>>
>>28361660
are you just content now? I have gone through periods where I am just content for a while and it is ok, but I kind of enjoy having highs and lows.
>>
File: questions.png (21 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
questions.png
21 KB, 250x310
What do you look like OP?

Will a balding 26 y/o skinnyfat gynofag and terrible skin make it?
>>
>>28362127

>Ex robot
>moved to france

>lol so exotic french accent makes him a fixture in any environment, especially dumb american women

>i made it bros AMA

dropped
>>
>>28361660
OP, I dont mean to come across rude, and if I seem irate I apologize.

But you seem to have this misconception of what a robot truly is. You believe that you are a robot when clearly you are just a failed normie who for some reason or another dropped out of whatever social circle you were in. Then you proceed to shut out the anexity (which everyone feels) like most normal people, man up and push yourself into relations with the opposite sex.

Here, there are true robots, those who have never had any social experience, those who are unable to push themselves into social experiences. People who are emotionally incapable of holding down even a short conversation with the same sex, let alone the opposite.

TDLR
Robots are robots for life
>>
I got my shit together friends-wise. How do you flirt/date though? Bear in mind that I am an uggo. Also any tips on procrastination?
>>
>>28365281

Not Op. Former robot here. You're quite literally limiting yourself right now. You are dooming yourself to a shitty life, locking yourself in a dark room when you say that.

I'm not joking.
>>
>>28365359
>implying im a robot/projecting
Ive seen robots in psyche wards when I was admitted, I know the difference between people who chose not to succeed and those who cant.
>>
>>28365339
>I got my shit together friends-wise. How do you flirt/date though?
This OP. I've never really not had friends, but dating, mostly the early getting-to-know phase, utterly perplexes me. I can't get myself to ask a chick out, not because I'm afraid of rejection or anything like that, I just have legitimately no idea how to act early in a relationship and am pretty much past the age where that's tolerable for most people (19). That's what I have huge anxiety around, not the actual "approach".

>inb4 you just gotta do it man
literally the worst advice anyone can give on any topic. That is what most people do, just do it until you figure out how to do it, but they start dating in HS where some awkwardness is expected if not unusual. I can't count on some chick giving me the benefit of the doubt and not dropping me after one painfully awkward date.

tl;dr halp put benis in vagoo
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.