[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does r9k read? What is your favourite novel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1234.jpg (26 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
26 KB, 720x720
Does r9k read? What is your favourite novel?
>>
File: sP0ithH.jpg (389 KB, 1280x992) Image search: [Google]
sP0ithH.jpg
389 KB, 1280x992
>>28358744
Art of the Deal
>>
books are for nerds lmao
>>
>>28358744
The Stand

Honestly I only ever read when I'm on an airplane or visiting family, which is once a year
>>
>>28358744
I don't have ONE favourite novel, but I have loved The Trial, Pale Fire and The Crying of the Lot 49 the most.

Right now I would like to read more none-fiction, starting with some biographies (Kant, Kierkegaard, Oppenheimer).

At the moment I'm reading a book about suicide and Slow Learner (Pynchon short stories).
>>
>>28358818
>starting with some biographies (Kant, Kierkegaard, Oppenheimer).
I forgot, there is a very nice book about Bach (Music in the Castle of Heaven) that I've been wanting to read for a while. I have the epub so I may just read it when I finish the books I'm reading now.
>>
>>28358818
>none-fiction
non-fiction*
shit
>>
200k leagues under the sea
>>
Probably Slaughterhouse 5. Read it many times and very funny and profound. Also hold Brothers Karamazov in very high esteem as my father impressed upon me when I was a teenager how much he enjoyed it and how great a novel it is.
Funnily enough in Slaughterhouse Kilgore Trout tells Billy Pilgrim that all you ever need to know about life is in Karamazov.
>>
The Windup Bird Chronicle
>>
File: bart_8.jpg (28 KB, 249x371) Image search: [Google]
bart_8.jpg
28 KB, 249x371
I listen to audio books at work cuz I have no time for reading. Almost done with The Martian.

Recommend me some books to listen to, robots. Please.
>>
>>28358949
>in Slaughterhouse Kilgore Trout tells Billy Pilgrim that all you ever need to know about life is in Karamazov.
No. He tells him that once (long ago) all that was needed to learn about life was in the Karamazov.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.