[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>average in mirror >below average in pictures Can someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
>average in mirror
>below average in pictures

Can someone explain this shit? What do I actually look like?
>>
You're used to the way your face looks on a mirrored surface because that's how you tend to view your face. Pictures are not mirrored, so it looks different from what you're used to seeing.

You actually look like the way you look like in pictures, unless the picture is mirrored.
>>
>>28358412
Holy shit are you me?? I think it's cause I got a weird shaped head. Like at eye view and at the right angle it looks okay but I'm tall so at photo angle it captures an awkward shaped head and stupid nose. Like a autistic moose.
>>
>>28358457
>You actually look like the way you look like in pictures

well, suicide it is then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>28358457
I don't know about this.

You look very different in motion, and pictures are completely flat.

Neither a picture nor a mirror really represent you. The only way to see yourself as you actually are, are through true mirrors.
>>
>>28358412
I accidentally saw my reflection in my computer monitor once. It was a terrible experience.
>>
>>28358412
What kind of camera was it? Shitty phone cameras make everything look gross. On the other hand if it was a high quality camera then you are fucked famalam.
>>
your reality is different than other's reality and the true reality is somewhere in between
>>
>>28358865
Front-facing phone camera

maybe I have a shot still
>>
>>28358614
The only one who notices this difference is you. Everyone else sees you they way you see yourself in a picture.
>>
>>28358662
>The only way to see yourself as you actually are, are through true mirrors.
... What? What's a "true mirror" as opposed to a "fake mirror"?
>>
>>28359313
A true mirror just shows you as opposed to just your reflection, making it more accurate or something apparently.
>>
>>28359282
If this is true I might as well just end it now to be honest.
>>
File: 1408324703550.jpg (37 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1408324703550.jpg
37 KB, 396x388
Mirror:
>Handsome as fuck, look like a super chad

Pictures:
>Barely even look human, more like a human crossed with an orc from Lotr
>>
File: allsmall.jpg (297 KB, 1628x532) Image search: [Google]
allsmall.jpg
297 KB, 1628x532
>>28358412
Lens distortion?
>>
>>28359955
Maybe but it's not just a matter of facial shape, my skin also looks much worse.
>>
I think I look decent when I look in a mirror, but when I look at myself on my phone all of my confidence leaves
>>
Need to take better pictures.
I look like shit in 99% of my pictures, so every time I want a good picture I take a hundred pics until I find a good one.
Most people aren't naturally photogenic and their only choice is to work hard for a good pic, or to just look like shit. Doesn't mean they're ugly, in fact there are ugly persons who are photogenic and look good in pictures but shitty IRL.
>>
Post pics so we may judge .
>>
>>28360154
If anyone found out I post to r9k my life would be over
>>
>>28360253

>my life would be over
So what you're saying is you aren't a true robot, and need to leave this fucking board and head back to /soc/ you normie fuck.
>>
File: MsRYjqy.jpg (108 KB, 610x358) Image search: [Google]
MsRYjqy.jpg
108 KB, 610x358
>>28360047

Same here, brother. My phone is full of repulsive test pics. I would have to leave this planet if anyone ever got access to them.
>>
>What do I actually look like?
You're ugly or average at best. Good-looking people look good in pictures which is why they take pictures so often. Don't fall for the "everyone thinks they're ugly in pictures" meme. Attractive people know they're attractive. Same goes for legitimately uglt people. If you're not sure if you're attractive or not, you're most likely average.
>>
>>28359955
I look like shit in pictures taken 20 feet away from my face so this is bullshit.
>>
>>28360487
this; also applies with penis size
>>
You look in mirrors after brushing your teeth a.k.a after you injest the governments flouride

You see yourself with the rose tinted glasses that obama puts on you
>>
I sometimes delude myself into thinking I look decent and even slightly above average when looking in the mirror, but in pictures, especially the ones taken by others or without me knowing it, all I see is a baby-faced 14 year old.
>>
>>28360487
>If you're not sure if you're attractive or not, you're most likely average.

Holy fuck I hope that's the case. Mediocrity would make me so happy.
>>
>>28360514
I doubt you're having your pictures taken with a focal length any higher than 24mm.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.