[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to refuse doing something risky for your parents if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1460847340859.gif (1 MB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
1460847340859.gif
1 MB, 200x220
Is it okay to refuse doing something risky for your parents if you have no insurance? I have no insurance and they want me to climb on top of there roof to clean there shit gutters. Is this unreasonable?
>>
It's ok to refuse anything your parents tell you. Forcing children to obey orders leaves them incapable of living independently as adults.
>>
>>28354558
The problem isn't that I just feel like them trying to force me into something that maybe ending up putting me into debt is something I should take as a red flsg
>>
>>28354862
I mean it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but I trust my roof and don't have bad balance I think. If it does make you uneasy, tell them that, or just tell them no. I don't see why they would try to force debt on you if you can't pay it, because then I think they would have to help you.
>>
>>28354524
It's not risky to clean gutters on the roof idiot. Your home is like 20ft all. Unless you're clumsy as fuck then you have next to no risk of falling.

Talk to me when you have to go on top of an apartment building 100ft up with no railing and strong winds to snake the main drain pipe.
>>
>fall off roof
>get hurt
>they feel like shitty parents for letting their son get hurt
>get guilt bennies
>???
>profit
>>
>>28354558
>Forcing children to obey orders leaves them incapable of living independently as adults where there are no rules and no consequences, teaching them to understand expectations society has for them and the punishments for ignoring these is brainwashing and creates robots.
Something seems a little off here but I can't quite put my finger on it. It is like you have the right idea but for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>28354942
>I don't have a fucking clue about safety at work and work in a third world country/America. Listen to my advice.
Depending on how you fall a 2m/6.5' fall can be fatal or permanently debilitating.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.