[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Google Maps weird feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Do you ever just "travel" around on Google Maps and start wondering about all the people who live in the houses you see?
It always reminds me that while I'm here doing nothing everywhere in the world something's happening, someone's living his/her life without even knowing I'm wondering about them.
It's all rather trippy if you think about it
>>
>>28352897
>that comfy as fuck bar probably full of regulars
>>
>>28352897
I do "map walks" around remote and country areas and imagine having a cottage in those places or something where I am just left to my own devices
>>
File: wojak-i-can-remember.png (20 KB, 474x473) Image search: [Google]
wojak-i-can-remember.png
20 KB, 474x473
I built a big part of my alter ego out of Google Earth, placing marks on his fictional friend's and gf's houses, where he worked and so on.
I even drove around with my car to make photos of those places.

>tfw the only time I ever "travel" is in Google Earth
>>
>>28352897
>Do you ever just "travel" around on Google Maps and start wondering about all the people who live in the houses you see?

Of course, it's one of the few pleasures in my life. Imagining how life in those places would be.
>>
File: 1462203476053.jpg (8 KB, 272x153) Image search: [Google]
1462203476053.jpg
8 KB, 272x153
>>28352897
Yes ive done this before. Pretty fun to do.
But then i remember thats it is just ecsapism for me.
>>
>>28352897
Yeah, the walk tours on YT do this for me as well. I would watch a walk tour through Hong Kong and see people chatting with a butcher, going to school with their friends, hugging their GF and it reminds me, truly, I hate every person on this earth.
>>
>>28353955
Dat plot twist at the end.
>>
>>28352897
Yes, all the time, but all it really does for me is make me realize over and over again how meaningless everything is. I honestly can't believe that there are millions and millions of people participating in this bullshit. They'll never really be somebody, never achieve anything important, whatever they do, someone else will have done first, and probably better, and so on.

It's all just fucking pointless.
>>
>>28355646
>millions and millions of people
Actually billions now. It's equally mind-blowing to me.

Existential despair is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>28355988
How do people do it?
>>
>>28352915
you're god damn right, this does look fucking comfy
>>
File: depression.jpg (33 KB, 486x369) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
33 KB, 486x369
>>28356191
>How do people do it?

I think they simply aren't aware of the pointlessness in life, since they've never had a reason to contemplate it. It seems clear normies get something back from day-to-day life that we simply don't---this may be simply the satisfaction of their relationships with others, but I am starting to wonder if there isn't some other sort of passive reward to living they are able to absorb every day that we robots just aren't sensitive to.

Regardless, I think most people are able to carry on the delusion that life is precious and worthwhile until the first time depression hits. Then the existential questions arise. Even when the depression lifts, the questions remained unanswered, and the void continues to yawn.
>>
>>28353955
There's a tv show on NHK called 'Somewhere Street' that's just like that.

It's really fun to watch. Whenever they go up to people and ask them what they're doing, they always say 'just relaxing before work' no matter where they go in the world.
>>
>>28356382
>I think they simply aren't aware of the pointlessness in life
Everyone I ever talked about it always says they are aware of it and that it's just how it is and to stop whining, so either they don't fully grasp this, or we're somehow defective.

I used to be pretty happy in relationships with others but there wasn't a day when I wasn't faced with the existential dread regardless. I realize that normal people seek more and more distractions, but I don't understand why. I mean, if you really do understand how pointless it is, why the distractions?
>>
>>28353955
>I hate people I've never met and who have never done anything to me
You're a retarded, angsty faggot.
>>
>>28356531
>if you really do understand how pointless it is, why the distractions?

I'm surprised you're asking this. Why does it seem odd to you people would try to distract themselves? Better than facing our own mortality or the crushing hopelessness of it all.
>>
>>28355646
Why haven't you killed yourself already? You obviously have nothing to live for.
>>
>>28356708
lol this fukken ansgstey teen lool
>>
>>28356382
Lol. Everyone knows life is "pointless" or "meaningless" in the way that you define it. What everyone apart from robots realises is that the meaning of life is love. To give love and to receive it
But robots shut themselves away, don't speak, don't participate in society at all. So how would they know the joy of sharing your life with friends and family and lovers
>>
>>28352897
Yes! I love doing this. I usually go to Japan, I'm not really a weeb or big on their culture but I'd love to travel there.
>>
>>28352897
>you will never get to live in a huge comfy city and explore it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.