[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies claiming they have depression on Facebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_n51kfyDr4u1twyx2bo1_500.jpg (41 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n51kfyDr4u1twyx2bo1_500.jpg
41 KB, 500x480
>mfw
Why do they do this?
>>
>>28352809
It's quickly becoming the new meme illness

Bipolar is so last year
>>
>>28352809
This is true though. Nobody actually enjoys smiling throught their teeth
>>
File: 1462449170578.jpg (74 KB, 609x605) Image search: [Google]
1462449170578.jpg
74 KB, 609x605
>Robots claiming they have depression on 4chan
Why do they do this?
>>
its easy to think that you are living a bad life when you dont even know about any forum for malfunctioning people

normies are literally clueless
>>
atuntion
>>
?
Is this supposed to look like she's faking a smile in the bottom two?
>>
>>28352809
Because you're not the only with problems, no matter how much you pity yourself.
>>
File: 1430434494586.jpg (46 KB, 324x322) Image search: [Google]
1430434494586.jpg
46 KB, 324x322
>>28352809
If someone posts about their "depression" on facebook or any other social media, they are not depressed. I'm not saying that they don't experience sadness, but it's nowhere near the level of despair many robots feel. A truly depressed person is ashamed of their "mental illness" and often doesn't accept it at all.
>>
>>28352843
it's supposed to be edgy, "I'M SO CRAZY", that kinda stuff
>>
>>28353012
Don't know how one can claim they know how someone else feels.
>>
>>28352829
Because they actually have it.
They are not getting attention or value out of it unless they are tripfagging, most of the people on here are legitimately suffering.

Now if you'd have skimmed through the fb/tumblr depression posts, you would've known that it's 99% tumblr girls who cry about chad with 'inspiring' black and white pics. They actually want recognition and attention for their bad photos.
>>
>>28353037
eat shit

>>
>>28353053
Yeah, frog posting sure is better than 'deep' black and whit tumblr pictures. Oh wait, no, they're both fucking stupid and everybody loves to bitch about how sad they are because it garners attention. Doesn't matter if you're anonymous, you still get attention.
>>
>>28353037
So you never roll your eyes when someone posts a sad tumblr screencap with "this what most ppl dont understand its just like UGHH"?
>>
>depression is heavily over diagnosed and talked about
>normies don't know the difference between a period of sadness and long term crippling depression
fembots are normies who think they're depressed
>>
>im so deporessed
>fucks 20 chads in the span of 3 days
>WAAAAAAAa im worthless
>drinks to sleep
>posts a suicide meme on facebook
>150 likes
>>
>>28353107
if frogposting is so shit then why are you here you stupid fucking normalfag
>>
>>28353161
>post picture of sad frog
>GUYS IM SAD, IMA KILL MYSELF
This is a large portion of r9k, I literally lose track of how many of these threads I see a day. Frogposting is shit because you're literally using a meme to describe your depression and it's impossible for anyone sane to then take you seriously. Unless you only frogpost ironically, in which case you're just a meme loving fuck
>>
>>28353201
i dont need deluded normalfags to take me seriously you fucking imbecil

good god whats with the redditors lately
>>
>>28353115
No because I don't care about what another person thinks.
>>
My normie Stacy sister does this

>I'm not like the other girls.. teehee xD
>I'm such a mess omg
>soooooo depressed xD

She has had like 3 boyfriends, she's constantly going out with her friends etc. and on top of that she's 10 years younger than me, and I'm khv aspie neet with actual diagnosed depression.
>>
>my depressions is bigger than your depressions
>>
>>28353231
I don't know, we went through about a year of virtually no one complaining about pepe then a month ago it all turned into frog poster hate.
>>
I might actually be depressed, because I saw some shit a guy posted on here with symptoms, like restlessness, never satisfied, etc. that I've been like for years now.
I just don't say I'm depressed because normies have made it a meme. "WOW, I'M SO SRRY 4 U :'(". I would absolutely hate the attention from those fucking normal fags that want to pretend they care to make themselves look better.

Normal fags ruin everything.
>>
File: 1418134028384.png (11 KB, 212x255) Image search: [Google]
1418134028384.png
11 KB, 212x255
>>28353201
>it's impossible for anyone sane to then take you seriously

So you're saying that people on /r9k/ are not sane people? Gee, who would've thought that?
>>
>>28353201
reminder that frogposting is best posting

never forgetti
>>
>>28352829
xD DAT BOI XDDDD
what the fuck is this retarded meme
>>
>>28353247
It's a natural reaction, same when I see family members happy that their 16 year old is going to be a mother.

I'm not REEEEEing but I will roll my eyes with contempt and move on.
>>
File: 20160503_075853-1-1.jpg (96 KB, 311x384) Image search: [Google]
20160503_075853-1-1.jpg
96 KB, 311x384
>>28352809
>my bf didn't respond to my text 8n 3 minutes I'm so depressed
>17 likes 90 comments

mfw
>>
>>28353201
why the fuck would I care whether or not you take me seriously you stupid faggot
>>
Okay, since anxiety/bipolar was the last meme illness and depression is the current one - what will be the next big meme illness normalfags will self-diagnose themselves with?
My vote goes for either schizophrenia or social phobia.
>>
>>28353331
Dead, the Daily Dot killed it
>>
File: 1462124309845.jpg (74 KB, 400x680) Image search: [Google]
1462124309845.jpg
74 KB, 400x680
why the fuck would anyone advertise their depression to public on facebook? I dont know anybody who does this. attention-whoring doesn't explain this behaviour completely.
I shitpost my feels and suicidal thoughts here because I need to vent and anonymity protects me from being thrown into the looney bin.
Talking about your depression irl must be fucking embarrassing
>>
>>28353420

They already ruined autism and dyslexia.
>>
>never had a gf
>constantly mocked and hated by senpai
>sat in room for the past 2 years
>don't even cry because I feel sad but because I can't feel anything
>nobody asked how I feel, if I need to talk to anyone meanwhile edgy senpai member says "I'm gonna kill myself" ohh nooo what's wrong do u need anything
>>
>>28353475
It is for attention whoring. Claiming depression is a gold mine of sympathy.
>>
a qt girl I knew for a time:
>post edgy photo about muh loneliness on FB
>get likes, 'ayo u can make it grrl :(', etc.
>another post is about randomly receiving a gift from some admirer of her's
meanwhile I'd get laughed out of town if I ever complained about anything, and get no attention from girls whatsoever.
just x,D
>>
>>28353301
It's because people were jokingly posting "Dumb Frogposter" when people posted pepe on other boards. Now redditards from /v/ have come here thinking hating on pepe is the cool and hip thing to do.
>>
File: o4PVUwH.png (407 KB, 518x530) Image search: [Google]
o4PVUwH.png
407 KB, 518x530
>>28352809
Because depression is a meme.
>but muh brain chemistry
>>
File: 1456875038090.jpg (64 KB, 538x482) Image search: [Google]
1456875038090.jpg
64 KB, 538x482
>>28353274
Kek'd

OriginalLaughterr
>>
>>28353037
lol shut up. Normies have no fucking clue. Sure bad things happen to everyone. Sure I don't know what exactly they have went through in life. But the ones who actually went through real depressing shit are exceptions. And guess what, I have experienced shitty things 10 times as frequently as them. To add insult to the injury, when I have experienced them I also had no friends by my side since I grew up friendless my whole life and I don't know what it feels like to have fun outside with other people, I don't know what it feels like to hold a girl's hand, I don't know what it fucking feels like to have anyone other than my parents love me. It's a fucking vicious circle, the shitter your life is the more prone you are to even shittier things happening as a result of it. I'm not autistic, I don't smell bad, I'm not socially inadequate, I'm just ugly as shit with an interest for "childish" things like vidya and chess instead of the usual football, netflix, or whatever other normie interest trending in this country. People just didn't accept me into their social circles out of fear of being seen with "that guy".

I'm 23, I have never had a normal childhood / teen years, i'm a NEET living off my parents money and I don't know what's keeping me from killing myself right now. Life is unfair on so many fucking levels
>>
>>28353117
>Hurr chronic depression is the only type of depression
>>
>>28353117
This desu, I thought I was somewhat depressed somewhere during my teen years because of some periods of sadness until I experienced what true depression feels like. It's not like the usual sad, mellow, gloomy feeling for which you post suicide / depression memes on facebook or you just go through with music or whatever.

Real depression hits you like a fucking truck. Some of you must have experienced food poisoning sometime during your life right? Your burp smelling like sulfur, the infinite diarrhea etc. You have terrible stomach cramps along with a severe feeling of sickness and all you can think about is wanting it to go away. Depression is the same, but mental. The feeling of hopelessness and loneliness literally leaves you out of breath, like a compressing chest feeling, and you just suffer and suffer. It doesn't let you sleep, it doesn't let you go along with your life like you normally do. Every single meaningless things feels like an unsormontable challenge because the PAIN is so fucking bad. You just suffer and hope for it go away all the time. But it doesn't. The last thing people with ACTUAL depression think about doing is posting "im depressed :( :( :(" on facebook for some likes. You just don't want to tell anyone about it.
>>
Schizoid > Depressed
>>
I wonder if all those teenagers complaining about depression will actually get depression once they realize all those likes they are after don't matter or exist?
>>
>>28354044
Have you tried medication anon? I'm on an SSRI and it helps but not 100%
>>
>>28353201
>Not being a meme loving fuck

This isn't the right board for you.
>>
File: 1457476454554.jpg (16 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
1457476454554.jpg
16 KB, 600x477
>>28354044
A wise man once told me, "If you feel something, say nothing and meme the pain away". Now that's advice to live by.

I know where you're coming from, talking about depression rarely leads anywhere. They can give you all kinds of helpful, practical and sensible advice but you're too down to take it to heart. Too tired to get up and make the changes that should be made. The best part is you can come up with excuse after excuse to justify wallowing. Then someone will swoop in and tell you there are no excuses, you're not taking enough initiative. You know they're right but you continue your shameful display anyway, no matter the cost.

For those of you who've had limited success with CBT, try a positive psychology book. Have to put the effort in, and when you're at your lowest that isn't always an easy thing to do. Getting off your ass is the first step, much to my dismay.
>>
>>28352809
Attention. That's what they want.
>>
>>28352809
>tfw no crazy suicidal-smile yandere gf
why live?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.