[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here been committed to a mental institution? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1454095472954.jpg (14 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
1454095472954.jpg
14 KB, 266x200
Anyone here been committed to a mental institution? I've talked to 3 pyshicatrists who all reccomend it, but I'm not so sure. Would anyone like to share their experience?
>>
>>28352376
I've been in once before and felt that is was a colossal waste of time and not worth the it at all. Going to a psychiatrist or therapist is a much better solution.
>>
>>28352376
I was in a hospital mental ward for a few weeks when I was like 10, it was awful.
>>
>>28352418
Why were you there? what was it like?
They want me to go because im suicidal and impulsive.
>>
>>28352376
basically it's just prison.
you sit in a hospital bed all day in a locked room watching basic cable and every one & a while someone comes and asks you "do you wanna commit suicide" or "do you want to hurt others?" then you go back to watching basic cable.
This will go on for 30 days.
>>
>>28352442
I don't really know, I guess it was because one day in school I just decided I don't want to do anything in classes.

I remember being scared and hungry, and there were also bullies. I was happy being alone in the room I was in, though they put some other boy there, but we didn't talk. There was one boy I hated because he wanted to bully me all the time.

There one one really stupid doctor. She wanted to talk with me every so often, but I wasn't very talkative. One time I told her I would like to be able to feel no pain, but being a fucking psychiatrist she was she thought that I was talking about some mental pain or trauma or whatever, whereas I just thought it would be cool to not feel pain when you fall on your knee or something.

I have one positive memory from there. There was a room where the children would play music and it was there I first heard Mozart's Turkish March, so I have that piece forever associated with that time.
>>
>>28352376
it was extremely boring. and i had to do a bunch of group therapy nonsense. but it was interesting being around a bunch of actually crazy people. i was allowed to smoke cigarettes and bring my own books.
>>
>>28352376
Op it's a money grab. Just think about it, it's in their best inrest to keep you in so they can make more $$$. I would call them kikes but I don't ant you to think this is a meme post even though these people are worse than kikes.
>>
>>28353363
I don't have to pay anything for it
>>
File: chimpout.jpg (19 KB, 173x300) Image search: [Google]
chimpout.jpg
19 KB, 173x300
WE HAVE THIS THREAD ALMOST EVERY DAY
>>
>>28352376
If you don't have any obligations in life(jobs etc.) then go for it, the longest you'll stay is a few weeks. Make sure you have insurance before you go or you'll get FUCKED BY BILLS.

It was pretty comfy, just have groups, talk to a few different doctors who try and figure out your shit for you and give you drugs to help you.

Also get (well I did) a 4 or 5 star chef to make you meals everyday, you could even custom order off the menu, was great.

I even met a grill there and lost my vcard to her.

Wasn't a particularly bad experience.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>>28352376
>>28353695
Whoever thinks mental institutions were fun needs to get mentally evaluated again.

It's not some
social club where you eat food and have fun.
>>
>>28353773
You're right, I just manipulated my psychiatrist so I could go home and meet up with that grill.
>>
>>28352376
I don't believe in mental institutions. We actually have a poor understanding of human mind because the jewish psychiatrists were always hailed due to their jewy connections.
>>
>>28352376
Had to go because of a suicide attempt years ago.

Its kind of like jail, except some of the staff is generally nice and caring, the rest are burntout on the fact they see the worst things you could imagine on a daily basis.

There was 20% gay kids in there, which was weird but most of that comes from them being sexualily abused as kids/teens.

The group therapy help me a bit, just because it made my problems seem insignificant compared to some of the others.

Food sucks, but the meds were pretty nice, mellowed me the fuck out. also we got to see girls in the cafe, some where yuno gasai tier

AMA
>>
>>28353935
>20% Gay
Oh gee mentally ill people are also mentally ill in another way. Shocking.
If you added trannies the place would ne 60% gay
>>
>>28353975
didnt see any trannies in there, of course this was years ago before it was cool(?). most of the others were druggie failed normies
>>
Three times. Once for a month when I was 15 after a suicide attempt, once for four months when I had a psychotic episode and was diagnosed as bipolar and eight months for PTSD after getting out of an abusive relationship.

I honestly don't know whether I'd recommend it or not. I think it depends on your specific issues. Obviously being in a controlled environment is safer if you're at risk of doing harm to yourself (or others, or both) and the round the clock access to counseling and care can be helpful. I even found the group therapy to be really useful.

The only thing is that it removes you from real life. I thought I had gotten a lot better during that eight month stint (which was five months, initially) but as soon as I was released I relapsed hard.
>>
I've been baker acted, wards are disgusting and none of the nurses care about you

I have a billion stories though. There was one girl who kept peeing in a corner like a dog, the nurses kept pulling her aside to shoot her up with more "medicine"
>>
3 months, no computers or cell phones. It was hell, but better than my shit job. I read a lot of books.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.