[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Teenagers Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
At what age did you give up on life?

26 here.

At what age do you think someone SHOULD give up on life? I'm thinking 24 or 25.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
I gave up now. By the time I have a college degree I'll be like 30 something. I don't think I'll ever have kids or get married But if I do great. I'm not gonna try anymore, just going to enjoy the rest of my 20s without a care. Gonna use my wagecuck money too travel around the world. I have no goals of being wealthy or educated.
>>
19 here.
There's no hope for me.
>>
>>28352180

>19

There really isn't, I mean, you couldn't even read the part about "no teenagers" in the subject line.
>>
>>28352089
Also I found out all I ever wanted to do was travel and I don't need college or much money for that
>>
>>28352007
>give up on life
What does that mean exactly?
Is it just about giving up on social life or do I have to completely stop giving a fuck about anything around me?
>>
File: 1462223558172.jpg (835 KB, 950x1300) Image search: [Google]
1462223558172.jpg
835 KB, 950x1300
>>28352585

I mean that you give up on ever having things like a good job, friends, girlfriend, money, hopes, dreams, ambition, etc.

Essentially settling for the miserable pile of shit your life is instead of deluding yourself into thinking it could get better.
>>
>>28352585
oh
i gave up at 13, i remember the exact moment
>>
>>28353188

Could you detail it for me, homie?
>>
>>28353146
Now that I think about it, it's hard for me to tell if I gave up or if there is still something left for me.
>>
i'm 25... i had given up but i decided to take one last shot and go to trade school to see if i can do SOMETHING with my life. i'll be 30+ IF i ever actually get licensed. if i fail at this im just going to go work at mcdonalds in the boonies and rot away in some shithole apartment for the rest of my life.
>>
>>28353337

Trade for what?

I've been told you're fucked if you don't get into trades out of high school.
>>
>>28353371
plumbing. no one in the class is out of high school, everyones my age or older.
>>
File: 1451789414163.png (120 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1451789414163.png
120 KB, 396x400
>No teenagers
But what if I'm especially doomed?
>Almost 20 never had a job
>Never been in a relationship
>Polysubstance abuse
>No drive at all
>No friends
>Go to class high
>>
>>28353464
all your problems can be fixed quickly if you stop playing around now
>>
File: sami.jpg (109 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
sami.jpg
109 KB, 480x720
>>28353464

Literally just stop getting high before class and you have nothing to worry about, you fucking child.

We really, really need a 25+ board on 4chan.
>>
26 here. Quitting my current job and moving out of my hometown to relocate to Chicago with my savings.

Im far from giving up, and ive already reached many of the milestones of normalfagdom, which im very proud of considering im almost a complete omega male with my natural temperament and personality
>>
See, I really, really don't fucking get it.

You people are under thirty. Given that you live in the 21st century and keep yourself moderately healthy, you can live a life pushing 80+ easy. You've lived a little bit more than one fourth of your life. Is it really time to call it quits now?

Consider the following: You're in a hospital bed with a bunch of cables and shit in every part of your body. The only thing you have the power to do is talking very softly, blinking and eating the food the nurses cut up for you. You know that you're about to die, having accomplished absolutely nothing. Why? Because you didn't even fucking try.

And then, poof. You wake up, sweating, eyes wide open, and you're twenty-five years old. A second chance. Do it right this time.

God damn it, there are olympic runners whose feet hadn't touched a track unil they were like thirty. You have absolutely no reason to give up.
>>
I rather be homeless than work
It's over for me
>>
>>28353923
Yeah but when you're homeless you will want to work and make money again
>>
File: 1462287978956.gif (266 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1462287978956.gif
266 KB, 540x304
>>28353873

>try really hard
>fail miserably anyway

It's really that easy. Some people have such low chances of success for varying reasons that it's best they cut their losses. You can argue that it's better to just struggle until you die and are totally, literally ruined beyond repair, but that completely ignores the severity of misery most people experience during, especially when the odds of it all being for nothing or less than nothing are very, very high.

Failing after tremendous effort is often even less enjoyable than just not trying.
>>
I gave up on life when i was 17 desu
>>
>>28353674

>Moving TO Chicago

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-06/millionaires-are-fleeing-chicago-record-numbers

I mean, even discounting that everyone with money is leaving, why would you want to live in a crime-infested nigger city? What's there?
>>
>>28353544
I'm a sad person and I can't even get out of bed in the morning without taking a caffeine pill LITERALLY
>>
>>28354080

So you have to lie in bed for 30 minutes for the caffeine to hit you before you can even get up?
>>
>>28354043
Failing at what, exactly? Academics? Social life?

Saying it again, isn't it a bit early to call it quits? I can get it if you're a sixty-year old NEET with absolutely nothing interesting to say about yourself, but these people are in their twenties for fuck's sake.
>>
>>28354096
Yes.
>Failing at what, exactly? Academics? Social life?
Poor grades, no social life, no jobs, no money
>Saying it again, isn't it a bit early to call it quits?
Well I called it quits around 18 I think when I just started drinking and drugging myself all the time. Could have OD'd a bunch of times but somehow I always woke up

Truth is that I can't find anything worth living for
>>
File: 1415176442812.gif (844 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
1415176442812.gif
844 KB, 300x171
>>28354100

For me, I have a bunch of SL debt and a stupid degree; I can't get a decent job or afford to go back to school. I'm also disqualified from the military for medical reasons. I have a low IQ and am stupid as fuck. I have no passions or interests.

What am I supposed to do when I can't even get a bottom-of-the-barrel shit job or afford to leave my parents' house? I'm just fucking screwed. What little happiness I manage to scrape out of my life after this (I'm 26) is going to be largely incidental and tinged by the fact that I tried and failed horribly.
>>
>>28354264
try living that neet life in the /r9k/ wagecuck propaganda, you know, playing piano at the bar and reading and working out and shit
>>
File: 1422403001663.jpg (36 KB, 500x547) Image search: [Google]
1422403001663.jpg
36 KB, 500x547
>>28354298

I can't focus when I read anymore because I hate my life so much. I can barely even get myself to shower once a week I feel so despondent.

My only hobbies were video games and anime, and I don't really enjoy either of those anymore.

I try to sleep as much as I can, but my mattress is so demolished and old that springs stab into my sides and it hurts like hell.

I technically have a job, but I work very infrequently, and I make very, very little money. It all goes to loan payments so I can't save for anything. I also can't see shit because of bad eyes but I have no insurance and can't afford to get an eye exam. I'm hoping I'll die in my sleep soon.
>>
>>28353464
>>Almost 20 never had a job
half if not more of young people are the same as you here. this means nothing
>>Never been in a relationship
this is weird to normies, but you're still young as fuck, so its still very much fixable. This isn't a problem
>>Polysubstance abuse

Speaking as a 24yo drug addict, just stop abusing "substances now". I would bet dollars to donuts that when you say you are a "substance abuser" what you actually mean is you smoke weed everyday 420 yolo, and maybe you go to parties and get too drunk. both of those "substance abusing" "problems" ain't shit.

If you really are abusing substances, like binge drinking and no I don't mean drinking a lot with other normie college kids like yourself, I mean if you're drinking 4-5 times a week, and sometimes drinking alone,
or popping painkillers more than 2-3 times a month (and even that is too much for PKs because they are so god damn addictive),
or taking benzos several times a week, then OK, you are headed down a dark path.

Speaking as a 24 year old who was popping pills on the regular at your age, lots of adderall, xanax, and occasionally PKs, CUT THAT SHIT OUR RIGHT NOW. It's nowhere NEAR too late for you. I now have several drug dependencies. And I started off with the soft drugs, just like everyone else. I've done bad things to aquire pills, and bad ways to put them in my body that I never ever thought I would do. Later I started doing heroin. The road will only can darker for you, friend. It's not too late to stop yourself before you start to become really fucked.
>No drive at all
c'mon man....Really?? .welcome to /r9k/, and half of 4chan...
>>No friends
it's not too late for you here either. if you learn how to get friends while you're still young, you will make the rest of your life much easier.
>>Go to class high
Stupid. Stop doing that.

You're very young, and you can fix your life before it becomes too late. But you need to change right now. Or you WILL become like us
>>
Where the fuck do all you "losers" find money and connections for drugs?

Oh right you're all normalfag retards.
>>
>>28355267
I was addicted to opiates
I abused the FUCK out of xanax
Smoke cigarettes because want to die
Abuse anything and everything I can get my hands on
I drink alone in my room
>>
When I packed my shit up and left in the middle of the night when I was 16 and never came back
>>
>>28354215
M8 many people your age are doing the same thing. Just because you use drugs and drink does not mean you have given up on life. I was in your shoes at that age only I needed worse than caffeine pills every day. Now I'm about to turn 22 with 18 months of sobriety, a 4.0 at a competitive university, friends and a literal Stacey girlfriend. Almost 2 years ago I was friendless, dropped out of a top university because of my drug use and depression. You can overcome all these issues you have with consistent effort, but you have to want something different. If you don't yet, keep on that path and eventually you will become so miserable and hopeless that you will be forced to change your ways or kill yourself. Those were my options and I decided to get my shit together. You're still young, everyone does stupid shit at that age. It doesn't have to define the rest of your life, only if you let it.
>>
When I was 18 I had to start working because my family is poor. I hated my job, was awkward and realized that I simply don't work with people. This held true for when I started uni - even fat women would rather orbit more attractive guys than me. That was when I was 22 or so.

I'm 26 now and I know no woman will ever love me. Truth be told I'm worried about my future, who will take care of me when I'm old? I'll probably have to pay for someone...
>>
>>28352251
19 isn't a teen
>>
>>28352007
At 28. Nowadays I just function on auto-pilot.
>>
>>28357129
>nineTEEN
>>
>23
>in therapy
>no pain anymore I just am
>hurting family because I'm not becoming better as they hope
Sometimes I feel maybe just cutting their losses is the best but then I think of how I'd feel if the situation was reversed.

I just want someone I can serve. I have no other use in life. If I'm working for something maybe they can stop worrying.
>>
>>28352007
I gave up at 22, but got a job due to nepotism and now things aren't so bad.

At least now I can drink myself to death on expensive liquor
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.