[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother just said I'm an egoist for not wanting children.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: chongqing6.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
chongqing6.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
My mother just said I'm an egoist for not wanting children.
Is this true?
>>
>>28351322
No. It's just as egotistical a position to believe that your genes need to be passed on. Your mom can go fuck herself, at least she can't make another walking shitstain that way.
>>
>>28351322
Don't second guess yourself op, you made the right choice. Forever Children should not be having children.
>>
>>28351322
Children are had solely for selfish reasons and bring unnecessary suffering into this world. It's a truly disgusting practice
>>
most mothers are warped, awful people thanks to our fucked up corrupted culture.

don't listen to her and do whatever you want, man
>>
She's the egotist for getting upset about not getting grandchildren
>>
>>28351322
Forcing someone to come into existence is the most selfish and arrogant thing you can possibly do.
>>
>>28351322
Maybe, there's nothing wrong with being selfish, though.
>>
>>28351364
Your mom is just projecting. She deep down knows as a human being how dumb it was to actually breed and ruin her life with responsibilities.

She like most of the /r9k/ threads is just saying bitter comments like that to demotivate you
>>
Yeah have kids, because those ecplogical, demographic, religion, poverty, war and resource problems are totally getting better right?

Birth = out of the womb into the burning building.
>>
>>28351322
Just tell her that seeing the monster she gave birth to isn't really helping your motivation
>>
Selfishness is a virtue, what can't be bought or sold by dollar is worthless. Any investment in life is inherently a loss.
>>
>>28351322
Yes, but not only is everyone one, there's literally nothing wrong about being one.
>>
she just wants grand children. that's really it. if you had a sibling and he/she had a kid, she wouldn't give a shit if you ever had a kid or not.

so yea, she just wants to be a grandma.
>>
File: Inkling.jpg (404 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Inkling.jpg
404 KB, 1000x1000
>>28351322
are you under the age of 25?
im 28 and i just started to get paternal feels
its fucked up how little you can run from your humanity
i'll happen to you too
>>
>>28351641

Well, I'm 28.
>>
Tell her only a sadistic evil egomaniac asshole would ever have kids, it's bringing a non consenting party into a life of suffering, basically worse than rape.

I bet you're cut too, aren't you op? It's not enough to give you life, she also had to strap you down to a table forcibly tear your prepuce off the glans it was fused to, all without anesthesia, just so you can lose 15+ square inches of erogenous tissue and 80%+ of nerve endings, and live with a smaller dick and much higher chance of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
>>
>>28351655
well, it Might happen to you too
>>
>>28351379
There isn't anon. There's no reason to do anything you don't want to.
>>
>>28351322
dammit i can't find my stirner memes
>>
>>28351641
Are you female? That may explain it.

I'm 25 and have absolutely no desire to have children.

If I had a good job(60k+), I'd be more inclined.

I don't know how a person could want the urge to have children while barely being able to support themselves. A wild animal wouldn't breed if there were no resources around to feed their young. It's not natural
>>
>>28351655

Just be an uncle. I'm 28 too. Never wanted kids, still don't. It's fun to watch cartoons or play wii with them but fuck being a parent. As an uncle you get all the fun but none of the bad like discipline or not being able to leave when they're annoying.
>>
File: stirner me.png (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stirner me.png
27 KB, 500x500
>>28351699

me becuz me hehe
>>
>>28351709
>paternal
>female
>>
>>28351322
Tell her you need to have sex in order to have children
>>
Philosophical argument:

The absence of pain is good
The absence of pleasure is neutral
Not existing means absence of both
Therefore, not existing is overall positive, and more morally correct

Your mother is an immoral mongoloid.

I still want a baby boy though
>>
>>28351721
>It's fun to watch cartoons or play wii with them
no its not

you have to play like a retard so they don't get upset and quit. youre basically babysitting
>>
File: don't trigger me.jpg (138 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
don't trigger me.jpg
138 KB, 1280x853
>>28351669

>yfw being alive is literally the result rape culture
>yfw surrendering to the cosmos is stockholm syndrome

SJW might be unto something
>>
>>28351721
>As an uncle you get all the fun but none of the bad like discipline or not being able to leave when they're annoying.

This shit right here nigga!
>>
File: 1436668802375.png (120 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
1436668802375.png
120 KB, 800x509
>>28351699
i got you my property
>>
File: 1462275891585.jpg (186 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462275891585.jpg
186 KB, 707x1000
>>28351322
No, but not wanting children is pretty edgy. Especially if you're capable of getting a woman and having kids.
>>
Having kids can be just as much an act of egoism. People often do it to perpetuate themselves and for no other reason.
>>
>>28351774
Your assumptions are debatable anon. Pretty edgy though so good job on that
>>
>>28351862

No it's not. Sperging out with as anti-natalist rant is edgy, but just stating you don't want kids is fine, normal even. This is why birth control is so popular.
>>
>>28351876

Gotta admit. The reason I'm afraid that I'll never have kids is not because I won't be able to be this altruistic parent, but because I'll leave nothing behind.

If that is your main worry, you're an egoist.
>>
File: 1461817032411.jpg (35 KB, 354x400) Image search: [Google]
1461817032411.jpg
35 KB, 354x400
Mom is redpilled af and tell me not to start a family because women in modern society are whores, and bringing a kid with all my health issues would be a problem.

I'm fine by my own honestly. All my friends are in some shitty relationships or unwanted childs
>>
>>28351893
Thats an actual argument, to which no real substantive counter has been made.

Go ahead and try though, anon.
>>
>>28351322
That doesn't make any sense if anything having children is for egoists

People don't have children out of some kind of divine duty, they do it for themselves and only themselves
>>
>>28351774
Why don't you kill yourself then that way you would cease existing
>>
File: Untitled22.png (51 KB, 348x331) Image search: [Google]
Untitled22.png
51 KB, 348x331
>>28351322
in a world where overpopulation is rife and destroy the enviroment, your doing the world a favour and i mean that sinceraly as posible, not in a "your genes are shit and you shouldnt repoduce" kinda of way, in a maybe more people are really neccesery kinda way, good for you stick to what your belive never falter
>>
>>28352010
in a maybe more people are not really neccesery kinda way, typo sorry dont want you getting the wrong message
>>
>>28352003

Killing yourself requires action and is unpleasant. If he hadn't been born he could not exist without having to die.
>>
>>28351322
With 7 billions people going to 11 in 2100 I think it's the contrary desu
In fact my genetics are so fucked up I blame my parents egoistic for having children this fucked up
>>
>>28352010
Overpopulation is meme in Western nations. It's entirely the fault of shitskins and chinks.
>>
>>28351322
In some way it is since not wanting to share your life is an egoistical position. But it doesn't mean it's wrong at all tho, every person practices egoistical things in everyday life, it's having a whole car to yourself while people travel in a overcrowded bus? Yes. Is having a big house egoistical where you could build an apartment complex there? Of course.
Most people your mother admires are egoistical, we all are equal under the law and that's where equality ends
>>
>>28351377
I ant wizzardchan to leave
You where supposed to fuck of there instead you get there to share the most stupid believe with each other and conform each other bias and then come here and spew your garbage in every thread
>>
File: 1423537563509.jpg (111 KB, 549x720) Image search: [Google]
1423537563509.jpg
111 KB, 549x720
Rape your mom and demand she bear your children. That'll teach her a lesson.
>>
>>28351786
Couple months ago I went to the movies with my little cousin and there was an arcade with the old Jurassic park cabinet, I bought a card and got some money in it and we complex it until it was time to go, sure he sucked but having to both play the game and cover his ass was fun plus he who ght it was as really cool and I am really cool. For some reason kids love me
>>
>>28352230

>I don't know what egoist means:the post
>>
She's calling it selfish because;

1. Having birthed and raised you, she knows it was a sacrifice, and knows you'll have a happier life than she did if you don't have children.

2. If you don't have children, she will die knowing that her genes will not be passed on into the future, making her life sacrifice in raising you a waste. She will die knowing that she wasted her life and accomplished nothing.

So who is the bigger egotist here?

You, the one who values the enjoyment of your own life over the meaning of your mother's?

Or her, the one who believes passing on her genes is more important than her children's enjoyment of their lives?

Ultimately, you are both selfish in your own way.
>>
>>28352095
^This

Have a (you) anon
>>
>>28351953
>i say things are true so they totally are just trust me

No thanks anon
>>
>>28351893
>>28353458
I can practically see your malfunctioning brain, what's wrong? can't compute or refute his argument? Is it cause you know it's true but you don't want to admit it?
>>
>>28354181
You haven't even made an argument you dope you just stated some random bullshit. I don't even care whether you're right or wrong just don't act like what said are objective truths
>>
>>28354272
>>28353458

He made a claim and offered for someone to make a counterpoint, which you have yet to do. If his claims are so stupid surely they must be easy to refute?
>>
>>28352095
Smart, life takes effort in order to not exist
Tfw you can't be aborted now
>>
>>28354393
>the absence of pain is good
>the absence of pleasure is neutral

How can you believe both these things? Is pain that much worse than pleasure is good? I don't think so but clearly anon does
>>
>>28355099

How is this even a question? Pain is greater in magnitude, duration, and occurrence than pleasure.
>>
>>28351322
No. It's a slur that your mother is using against you because SHE is an egoist. SHE wants grandchildren and doesn't give a FUCK about your life. She is trying to guilt you into having children for her. Isn't that fucking sad?

Why would you want children? Every new parent says
* "I was not ready and never could have been ready"
* "being a new parent knocks your socks off"
* "I've never been so sleep deprived in my life"
* "I didn't understand the amount of freedom I would lose after having kids"

Why would you want any part of that world? It's not "egoist" (lol) to make the logical decision to not have that in your life.
Parenting is for some people (mostly losers), and not for other people (people who have goals and hobbies in life)
>>
>>28351322
>parents gloat about their kid's achievements as if they couldnt have done it without them
>they expect their kids to take care of them and not put them in a home
>the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world
>you're an egoist for not wanting kids
lol roastie logic
>>
>>28352749
>calling someone selfish because their choices deny your own ability to be selfish
All relationships are hypocrisy
>>
File: 1385073095198.jpg (446 KB, 900x507) Image search: [Google]
1385073095198.jpg
446 KB, 900x507
The only reason I'm inclinded to think about having kids is because smart people reproduce less than dumb people, and I don't want the world chock full of idiots.
>implying you're smart
I'm not dumb, I know that for sure. My cousin has had 3 kids at age 24, all from different fathers, one of whom is in jail. Another cousin has had two kids from different women, and another has had 2 kids from I think the same woman, but I'm not sure.

On an un related note, I am black. So...yeah.
>>
>>28355409
Kek maybe for your shit life. Maybe top being a garbage person and you won't have such a grim perspective
>>
>>28355774

I didn't choose to be born in the first place. Now you think we can choose how we are born? Fuck off, troll.
>>
>>28356352
>i have no control over my life
Cool meme anon. Who's trolling who here?
>>
File: 4c3.jpg (54 KB, 476x536) Image search: [Google]
4c3.jpg
54 KB, 476x536
>>28351322
Embrace the egoism anon, don't deny yourself
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.