[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcholism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 17
File: booze.jpg (14 KB, 325x250) Image search: [Google]
booze.jpg
14 KB, 325x250
Who here is an alcoholic?

How is your life?

Got any plans to quit?
>>
>>28347629
eleven days sober here.

It's piss easy if you're not at the stage where your DTs fuck you up too much, but fucking boring.

Alcohol kinda fucked my life, but I also think it wouldve been fucked in different ways if I never turned into such a bad drunk.

Probably wouldnt have gotten a domestic violence conviction though...
>>
>>28347629
Just stop spending money on alcohol, faggot.
>>
>>28347674
It sounds simple in theory but I'm such a weak willed piece of shit.

God knows how many times I've said, "next week" or "tomorrow".

I have debt now and literally it would all be cleared if I had gone without alcohol for just 6 months.
>>
>>28347690
I'm in a worse situation. I have more than enough money to buy anything I want. This means that my excessive drinking will never stop due to monetary reasons. It has to be another reason. Like, if I got a gf, I'm sure that would seriously cut it down. I drink a lot at home because I'm alone and bored.
>>
>>28347754
My debt is manageable. I keep paying off more than the minimum amount so it's going down but it should be fucking gone.
I live comfortably but have the exact same problem as you: alone and bored although depression is a big one too.
>>
>>28347629
>tfw drunk right now and getting sad about relationships
I'd love to say it gets better.
I'd also love to be able to tell you to quit, that it's a dark road.

But for many of us here, alcohol is far better than the alternative. It's nearly impossible for me to be truly happy without alcohol, and this is a trend that dates from long before I even became an alcoholic.

What are your favorite drinks? Personally I'm a huge beerfag, can hardly stand most mixed drinks and my gag reflex prevents me from taking shots like a respectable ubermensch. Tonight I'm just dirnking to get drunk, 50/50 between Sierra Nevada Torpedo and Hawk IPA, 7.2% and 8% ABV respectively (kind of a heavy-brew fan, it's a far more efficient way to get drunk than your shit fratboy-tier light beers.)
>>
>>28347629
I've the week off work so obviously I've been hammered throughout.

Woke up this morning at 8am to find out i'm not working again today, straight on the monster and vodka. turning to spirits over lager at home now, it's taking it's fucking toll on my belly.
>>
I've decided to quit/severely cut back. I used to drink nearly every day but it was doing awful for my mental state and health. I figured I am already a manlet and that makes life hard-mode as it is, I can't afford to have this on top.
>>
>>28347786
>What are your favorite drinks?

Beer is my favorite but I rarely drink it at home anymore because I can pound it so easily and not get properly drunk. The times I drink beer is generally when I'm watching the footy and tell myself I'm just going to have a quiet few. Before I know it they'e gone and I'm driving down to the store to buy a bottle.

Wild Turkey, Jamieson, Devil's Cut, Jack Daniel's or Absolut the shit I buy to get drunk. Really don't care. Usually just get whatever's on special.
>>
>>28347829
>it's taking it's fucking toll on my belly.

As in getting fat or getting indigestion?
>>
>>28347629
I'm not old enough to drink in burgerland yet, but I feel like as soon as I am, I'm going to end up falling into alcoholism immediately.
The one time I have gotten drunk was the best fucking moment of my life. I felt so good for the first time in so long.
It's just so much fucking work to have to talk to people and step around their fucking stupid claims against your manhood or talking about how politically incorrect you are for having right wing views or owning guns or DARING to say that a woman does indeed have less physical strength than a man (not just in the way that I sit there and say it like a stupid faggot or a misogynist, but like in cases when that one woman circumvented the fireman's physical test because she really, really wanted to be a fireman but was too weak to get past the normal test despite various females all over busting their asses to finish it right)
I don't want to be called a misogynist anymore. I don't want to be called a loser or a virgin anymore. I don't want to be made fun of for my height or dick size or voice, I don't want to think about how I'm going to die, I don't want to listen to people day in, day out tipping their fedoras and yelling "THERE IS NO GOD" like they think they're maverick minds.
Life is just normal when you're drugged.
Sorry for the blogpost, but I think some people may be able to relate and gain something from this anyways desu.
>>
I am an addict with wine, I haven't ever had any desire to quit but I've caught both of my sons sneaking it and I've felt pretty shitty about it.

I don't want them to be known as the kids with an alchy mother
>>
>>28347629

Four years sober mah dude.

Never went to AA or any of that shit, just locked myself in a room til I detoxed from a handle-a-day. Never want to go through that again, so I keep motivated not to drink.
>>
I'm 29, I've lost nearly 10 years to alcohol.

It starts out like anyone else. I used to just drink on the weekends. Then I started having drinks at night -- maybe after finishing a college paper, or while watching TV.

By the time I graduated school, I was drinking every day. But some days were just one or two drinks a day. Weekends were blackout, though. I would have no recollection of my weekends.

Life came to a grinding halt when I assaulted a girl in a drunken stupor. She lived in the same building as me in the unit right below mine. She left her door unlocked, and for some god-forsaken reason I went into and got into her bed. She kicked me out, I went upstairs to my room, fell asleep for 2hrs, got woken up to police knocking at my door. They arrested me.

I now have a criminal record. A condition of my sentencing was not to drink, but when you're completely depressed, realizing your entire life just got flushed down the shitter, it's kinda hard not to.

I'm unemployed. I don't go out any more except to buy groceries and drinks. I drink about 20oz of vodka a day on average. Some days less, some days shit-ton more.

To answer your questions -- life fucking sucks, and while I used to have plans to quit, the cards are so stacked against me at this point that I think I'd rather just drink until I die.

Thanks for reading.
>>
>>28347872
oh, I forgot to mention that I also don't want to sit here and wait to see how karma is going to fuck me over for being a "bad" person.
>>
>>28347871
Yeah it's getting fat. Problem is, i'm athletic so the rest of my body is fine because i'm in a physical labour job, but it's really turning into a beer belly now.
>>
>>28347877

Too late on that one. Grew up from an Alchy mom into an Alchy myself.

Funniest thing was I didn't go full blown alcoholic til she died.
>>
>>28347629
alcoholic here. recently lost my girlfriend due to drinking skewing my brain towards anger and impatience, bitterness, and apathy.

i was planning to take a sobriety break today, after a series of anxious nightmares about death and jaundice last night, but then as i was getting off of work i heard news of one of my old friends passing away. i hadn't seen her in over a year, and i'm realizing now that i was probably in love with her at one point.

needless to say, i went to the bar and had a few beers.

I'm so ashamed of my will and the state of my life. I can't stop crying. someone hold me, please.
>>
>>28347754
Mate, I said the same thing and when I actually got a gf and regular sex, the drinking didn't cut down one bit. We'd go to a pub before fucking, if I didn't drive I'd be rat-arsed.
>>
>>28347916
Maybe I have just been blind but they are teens and I think this is the first time it has happened.

I don't get so tanked that I pass out, so I think I would still notice when a bottle is low and it wasn't me.

I'd like their friends to not hate me, but I don't want to enable this
>>
>>28347887
Damn dude, that is pretty fucking depressing. I always do stupid shit when I'm drunk and spend hours agonising over it and asking myself, "why did you do that?" I still have shit haunting me from six years ago but it's lost friendships and shit like that. I can't even imagine what I'd be thinking after that one.
>>
How does someone become an alcoholic anyways? I only ever drink at parties with close friends and a couple Four Lokos on occasion by myself. I started smoking weed long before I started drinking, so I was already used to the feeling of having an altered consciousness long before then. Maybe it's because of that that alcohol doesn't impress me very much, but I literally cannot see how someone can fall so far that they develop a physical dependency to it.
>>
>>28347926

Guess what, fuckwit? Alcohol didn't skew you toward shit. It just amplified what was already in there.

Ain't nobody a mean drunk, you're just a mean person period and booze lets it out.
>>
>>28347887
Man you literally broke into a girls house, even I have enough common sense to know that's not okay when i'm blackout drunk. I've had moments where i'm in bed with a girl and if she keeps refusing sex I either pass out or leave.
>>
>>28347902
I've got that pouch going currently from 6 months of close to a bottle a day, constant 1am junk food binges and no exercise. I've had it before though. If you manage to quit if melts off really quickly. Amazing how easy weight loss is once you cut booze out of your diet.
>>
>>28347942

Quit drinking then. Toss all the shit out of your home, do what you need to do to stop.

I found a hobby.

You know how fucking embarrassing it is to be the guy in school who can't bring friends over because of their embarrassing drunk mother?

Or even worse, the guy who everyone wants to hang with because their Parental unit can't stay conscious long enough to monitor what they do?

Either get sober or get away from people you don't want to fuck up.
>>
>>28347967
From his story it sounds more like he just accidentally went into the wrong bed, the bitch kicked him out, then he got labeled with an assault lawsuit. You also sound like you should experiment with drinking more, Anon. Alcohol makes you do stupid stuff instead of just feeling funny when you drink more.
>>
>>28347951
Coping mechanism. I only ever drank with friends until my life turned to shit. It was a social drug in my my point before that point: I couldn't imagine how or why someone would want to drink alone. Now, it just numbs me, makes me forget and makes life tolerable.

Honestly, life would be much better if I quit and worked on fixing my shitty life but drinking is so much quicker and easier.
>>
>>28347967
I personally tihnk it's bullshit I was charged with "break and enter". I didn't break anything, her fucking door was unlocked. I'm pretty sure I thought it was my unit. But I can't say for certain because it's total blackout.

What's most upsetting is I kinda knew this girl. People in our building would hang out with one another a lot, so I met her at a few social gatherings. What could've been a simple misunderstanding turned into a life-ruining ordeal because she called the fucking cops.
>>
Britfag here, I started very late. 20 years old, didn't even get drunk until I was 22. I'm 23 now. I feel myself slipping so I've stopped. It used to be just a weekend thing, it hasn't descended into an at home thing but I felt myself doing so because I constantly asked to drink with friends.
>>
>>28347985
I suppose that is what I need to do, just don't want to.

It's easy to say that I've never let on that I go through half a bottle every night but that's probably not true.

I've always been very friendly with their friends, to the point that I am paranoid that I am coming off *too friendly*.

That last part is a tough ultimatum
>>
>tfw poor and can't get a job
>tfw haven't had alcohol in over 4 weeks now
>>
Smoke the ganjz instead my dude :^))))
>>
>>28348012
Well i drink every weekend sometimes with some blow. I've done stupid shit but I would never risk breaking the law I have a steady career path and it would ruin everything I've worked for.
>>
>>28348036
My bad yea she's a bitch. You didn't deserve that, the law is always on the females side though so you gotta be careful.
>>
I am.
My life is shit unless I'm drunk now. Everything is just pressing, and intense. I start to feel sick.
I can't quit now. It started in earnest recently as used it to control anxiety. Well, I guess you could say I started long before that, but I couldn't take the benzos anymore. They just made me really tired, and detox was hell. So I started drinking a lot, and now it's every day. I ended up just trading one addiction for another. It's stupid, but that seems to be how it goes.
>>
>>28348056
I was about to tell you to just make sure you drink super heavily when you're around friends to be safe but then I realized where I am.
>>
File: obama-drinking-a-beer.jpg (42 KB, 544x463) Image search: [Google]
obama-drinking-a-beer.jpg
42 KB, 544x463
>>28347629
>>28347629

i drink a .375 every night, along with random shots and beers throughout the day.

i feel really horrible when i wake up and read the drunk texts i send people, but if i get through the night without saying anything to anyone, the next day is usually fine.

probably won't quit soon cause life is strange and i'd rather not think about it.
>>
I'm not on skid row but my parents patience is clearly at its limit so I have to hide the drinking. I've been trying to quit but I keep relapsing. I didn't drink last night and went to sleep but I had a withdrawal nightmare and woke up covered in sweat at 3 AM so I went and bought some tallboys. Got a good buzz on.
>>
>>28348052
nah mate, how about both.

Stoned alcoholism, it's 2016
>>
It is hard to sleep without being a little buzzed, I admit. Long gone are the days I would go out and get guys to pay for me getting my daily need
>>
I drink 40 oz bottles of Colt 45 malt liquor. It is $3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSw8gifKDg
>>
>>28348310
You could get 3 tallboys of natty ice where I live which means more alcohol in your body. You have to be smart about these things.
>>
I drink every other night and watch anime it's really comfy and relaxing instead of going to a bar. Drinking alone is alright
>>
>>28348331
>Drinking alone is alright

It's undoubtedly comfy but it's such a progress killer. I don't do anything. I just get drunk and post on here. Things are never going to get better if I keep doing that.
>>
>>28348339
I still get stuff done lol I just hope I never get behind the wheel cause my friend got a DUI that's scary. I'm going to a temp agency later wish me luck
>>
>>28348392
I got pulled over while drunk driving once, cop just told me to leave my car in a nearby parking lot and walk home since I was near my house.
>>
>>28348408
You got pretty lucky then cause that's a serious charge. I guess it'll depend where you're from though
>>
>work a factory job which pays very decently
>drink 5 cases of beer a week
>call in 'sick' a few times a month
>sometimes avoid seeing my mum because i'm scared of getting pulled over
>diet has turned to 'hangover food'
>liver hurts
>keep saying this is my last night of drinking so i should enjoy it
>wake up next morning hungover and needing another drink to help.
>>
File: le-social-anxiety-disorder.png (400 KB, 640x708) Image search: [Google]
le-social-anxiety-disorder.png
400 KB, 640x708
>>28348331
What anime do you like?.
>>
>>28348408
Holy shit, that's lucky.

Speaking of lucky I have drunk drive countless times. It would be in the hundreds. Not something I would ever admit to people and yet despite this I've never once been caught. Not once. Not even close. Every time I've been breathalyzed or pulled over I've been stone cold sober. Probably helps that most of my drinking driving is 1am+ and only to McDonald's but still.

I deserve to be caught. Shameful that I have not been caught despite such constant reckless stupidity.
>>
>>28348450
I've been hungover at every job I've had but there's been times where I was too hungover to come in so I called out. I don't know how I've never been fired
>>
>>28348450
same here. i'm hungover every day but some days i wake up and think i can manage, then i get 2 hours in and realise i'm going to vomit everywhere or the vise grip headache is going to kill me if i dont have another drink.
>>
>>28348468
Hahaha just entry level stuff like cowboy bebop, samurai champloo and kill la kill. I'll hang out with friends over staying home any day I just do it during the weekdays
>>
>>28348469
Coming home from McDonald's was what I was doing when that happened. I've drunk drove since then but I've mostly avoided being as drunk as I was that time.

Once I did drive into some guys lawn and rip the shit out of it trying to get my car out, I had a tow driver that can keep a secret take my car back home. I don't know how I didn't get caught.
>>
>>28348469
>>28348517
Where do you fuckers live where you get so lucky
>>
>>28348408
i drank a six pack on a rainy wednesday afternoon. then the sun came out after dinner so i decided to ride my motorcycle, having forgot about the six pack. got randomly pulled over. blew 0.01. cop let me off.
>>
>>28348506
I'm hungover at work probably half of the time. I have occasional sober periods but always relapse. Too easy to come up with excuses.

Right now, on day 3 of no drinking. But today is a holiday and stores are closed. That means I have an excuse to go to my usual bar and eat there. Resulting in a few beers.
>>
>>28348531
Upstate NY, unoriginal
>>
>>28348559
have you been waking up more tired than usual?

whenever i don't drink for a day people always say i look like shit and i feel tired as fuck.

normally i will wake up before my alarm but if i don't drink i am rudely awoken by the alarm and then hit snooze 3 times. i also have the worst dreams when sleeping sober. normally i dont have dreams.
>>
>>28348194
>get tanked one night
>shout at neighbors dog for being a cocksucker that barks all night
> call neighbors shitbags ffor playing carnival music while cleaning my rifle in my room

They moved their dog away from my window and don't play their shitty songs near me anymore.
>>
How do you guys get drunk at work holy shit how do I stop that from happening to me
>>
>>28348604
Not him but the times I've tried quitting I've been incredibly tired when I woke up. However it was far preferable to being hungover. Also the dreams are likely because of the withdrawal.
>>
>>28348531
Melbourne suburbs.
>>
>>28348628
The only times I've gotten drunk at work was when it was a retail job, warehouse jobs I just showed up hungover. The retail jobs I would go to the liquor store on my break and slam a pint of vodka and a few mints.
>>
>>28348629
yeah i definitely have appreciated waking up sober but it's hard working all day knowing you havn't got your old friend waiting for you.
>>
>>28348652
Were you abused
>>
>>28348628
I don't get drunk at work. I only get drunk after. I sometimes work hungover but hangovers are very short for me now, if at all. High functioning alcoholic.
>>
>>28348655
It's the nights that kill me, I wake up sober thinking "not being hungover is so great I have to keep this up" but then I get to the evening and it's "I can't fucking sleep and I need a drink and I'm about to burn this house down and kill everyone"
>>
Stupid question but: how do you know if you're an alcoholic?
>>
>>28348682
yeah 4pm until bed time feels an eternity.
>>
>>28348688
When you're honest with yourself that how much you drink is not okay.
>>
>>28348688
Your body shakes, you sweat, and your heart beats too fast when you've gone to long without a drink.
>>
>>28348688
If you have to ask.......

not looking good desu
>>
>>28348688
do you feel like a drink to relax?

when you're stressed are you thinking about a drink?

if you have 2 beers do you normally end up have 14 just because theyre in the fridge?

it creeps up on you. it depends a lot on your personality.
>>
>>28348688
When you know you shouldn't drink but buy booze anyway.
>>
>>28348688
If you'd rather drink than eat
>>
>>28348711
You "helping groups" - meme-parroting shits are worse than alcoholics
>>
>>28348665
Sexually no
Physically yes, and not just spankings, one of my more vivid memories is him picking me up by the throat and slamming me against a wall(in front of my friend no less).

That said I don't forgive him, he had a kid when he clearly wasn't mature enough for it and he just did what his dad did. My drinking isn't from that but more from the fact I hate working and I realize I'm going to have to work the rest of my life.
>>
>>28348751
Stop projecting your self-hate on someone who's just answering a question (correctly)
>>
>>28348751
What? It's 8:39 pm on a Thursday night, I've had half a bottle of Turkey with no end it sight and have work tomorrow.

I hate drinking I just can't stop.
>>
>>28348688
When you're lying to your girlfriend about why you need to go home because you need to get to the liquor store before it closes. They all close at 8:30 it's ridiculous.
>>
>>28348718
>when you've gone to long without a drink.
I never go long enough to feel that way

>>28348740
Yes to all. Never get out of my mind drunk but I crave alcohol every day and drink whenever I can if no one will find out. So like >>28348734 says, not looking good
>>
>>28348758
>Physically yes, and not just spankings, one of my more vivid memories is him picking me up by the throat and slamming me against a wall(in front of my friend no less).

Jesus Christ, is your name Josh from Queensland and it was your stepfather, Damien that did that to you? If so I was that friend watching.
>>
>>28348758
Christ in that case well never mind a lot of people drink cause of work anyways but shit take care of yourself and talk to someone about the abuse my guy. I drink cause it's fun but once I start feeling the buzz I don't stop till I'm drunk that means I have a problem huh
>>
Life is fucking boring without booze but I turn into an asshole when I drink.

I don't know. I wish I was dead.

Life fucking sucks.
>>
>>28348797
I live in NY
>>28348801
Meant to say I DO forgive him
>>
>robots thinking getting a woman will instantly make their life perfect and happy

Booze is the only ting that keeps me fofrm killing myself
>>
>>28348839
>I live in NY

Okay then. It's kind of depressing to think that such an instance could be common enough for a case of mistaken identity. Sorry you had to go through that shit.
>>
>>28347629
>Who here is an alcoholic?
nope, or not yet. used to only drink socially, now I take a beer or glass of wine every now and then even alone.
>How is your life?
still pretty shit, or at least my mental state is
>Got any plans to quit?
I plan to quit my life, eventually
>>
>>28348604
Tired either way. Whenever I've gone sober I have trouble sleeping for the next 3-4 days. Only after that do I get something like a normal sleeping pattern.
>>
>>28348688
when all the pop songs on the radio aren't about love but alcohol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjmp8CoZBIo
>>
>>28349095
Shit, man.
the most original on earth
>>
>tfw got drunk 5 times in the last seven days
>still think I'm perfectly in control and there is nothing to stress
>>
Why would anyone go to a bar to drink? Inflated prices and people around you, who would want that when getting drunk?

>>28350511
That's how it starts, mate. We all think we're in control.
>>
Have to stay sober 3 nights a week because of work.
Enjoy the job so doing quite ok during the day.
But nights are bleak.

Someday i'll cave in and lose it all.
>>
File: feels.jpg (43 KB, 494x282) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
43 KB, 494x282
>>28350597
Well I don't drink at home, I don't drink hard stuff other than a shot of jameson every now and then. And all those shitfaced situations were social with friends who invited me. I don't exactly crave alcohol.

Though usually during those events something will trigger me hard and I get sad and self destructive and want to get smashed, like yesterday.

>casual beer or two with a friend at the pub, good times
>another dude stops by with a female friend
>dude is a fucking ghoul
>chick is really nice looking, has those dual braids on the sides/temples that go all the way back and has those hipsterish oversized glasses, literally makes you want to cum all over her
>she is teasing him and while not his girlfriend, she is having a good time
>I'm stuck drinking with my friend
>that feel when no gf
>"Hey dude how about we stay here and get absolutely destroyed instead of going home already"
>ok.png

It's dumb things like that. Rarely do I feel the need to get smashed when I'm sober.
>>
Anyone else enjoying a glass of box wine at 9 o'clock on a Thursday morning?
>>
>Wake up on the couch
>Lights are still on, heater is blaring
>Turn them off and shuffle to bed
>Settle into bed as the room gently spins
>Check phone
>Have to get up in an hour

Ugh.

Who else knows this feel?
>>
>>28350707
dude, that sounds fucking comfy.
Hope you're comfy, anon
>>
>>28348036
Have you thought about killing the girl? Maybe tying her in a basement torturing her for days until she's begging for the sweet release of death?

Bitch deserves it desu and your life's ruined anyway.
>>
I'll quit drinking when cannabis is legalised here in aus.
Until then it's beer bourbon and goon every week.
>>
>>28350779
tfw no sick days left
>>
>>28350902
>Trading one suppressive habit for another

Good plan senpai
>>
>>28350920
I'm a much better person on cannabis than alcohol. I can smoke like once a week and be fine but otherwise I'll drink every night and be hungover every day.
>>
>>28350905
I'm the head of my department. There would be serious repercussions if I called in sick. I don't even know who I would call in sick to. My boss would fucking flip if he had to call my staff to bring one of them in. I suppose I could call one of my staff directly but they don't even have access. They'd have to come around to my house to pick up keys and that's getting handed a pair of keys from your obviously plastered boss at 8am after a "sick call" isn't going to do much for my image as a leader.
>>
File: 4182016143983.jpg (73 KB, 480x621) Image search: [Google]
4182016143983.jpg
73 KB, 480x621
Im an alcoholic.
Life is meh until im drunk then im pretty happy.
No plans on quitting. Shits cash.
Waddaya guys drink?
>>
>tfw eastern yuro slav
>tfw average monthly salary of around $250
>tfw destined to poison myself with piss tier beer
>tfw heineken and amstel is what is considered "treating myself" here
>tfw budweiser is literally considered an exotic expensive beer

you don't know the beggining of it lads
>>
i drink, i drink, i drink, i drank. Oh yeeeeeaahh baby.
>>
>>28351004
Yeah niqqa
>>
File: 1462404956yboVB.jpg (117 KB, 550x636) Image search: [Google]
1462404956yboVB.jpg
117 KB, 550x636
Definitely an alcoholic.
I honestly hope im drunk when i finally die. Whether by my own hand or not.
>>
>>28350987
That sounds like hell. Is this why Slavs are so intolerable?
>>
>>28347629
FAGGOT GO DIE FAGGOT
>>
File: 4302016061112.jpg (30 KB, 480x376) Image search: [Google]
4302016061112.jpg
30 KB, 480x376
Shit someone talk to me im lonely and drunk
>>
>>28351052
Does your name begin with L?
>>
>>28351060
0.5l tap beer is $1 to $1.50. You can imagine the quality.

And no, the fact that we are intolerable is just unfortunate.
>>
File: 1457127292739.jpg (7 KB, 301x309) Image search: [Google]
1457127292739.jpg
7 KB, 301x309
>>28351075
Plz rezpobd
>>
>>28351075
I'll talk to you. I have 2 hours before I need to be in bed.
>>
>>28351080
Nah it doesnt. Why?
are you thinking of lucas?
>>
>>28347629
>not alcoholic
>made own alcohol
>tfw it's shit and I can't force myself to drink it
>>
>>28351098
Hey i also have two hours before i have to be in bed! What do you have to do tomorrow? What time is it where yo u are?
>>
>>28351108
No. I thought you were a girl from that avatar pic. Mever mind.
>>
>>28351126
>What do you have to do tomorrow?
Work
>What time is it where yo u are?
11.49 pm
>>
>>28351129
Oh... Yikes. That kinda hurts.
>>
>>28351150
I also have work.... Shits a bummer huh. What kinda work do you do?
Really?? Almost midnight?? Where the fuck do you live? Its seven am where i am.
>>
>>28351163
If you're a guy it's time to cut that hair.
>>
File: 1461003463664.jpg (85 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1461003463664.jpg
85 KB, 600x800
Who /hangover/ here? I feel like fucking shit
>>
>>28351195
>What kinda work do you do?
Office management
>Where the fuck do you live? Its seven am where i am.
In Australia. On the Eastern coast.
>>
>>28351211
Keep a cup of water beside your glass. take a sip every now and again and top it up when you fill up your next drink.

You'll never get a hangover again.
>>
>>28347857
I mostly chase shots or pulls of Absolut vodka. Beer and wine are fine too. Drink everyday.
Whiskey used to be my favorite, but I quit drinking it altogether after I instigated this falling out with someone. I had a tendency to get really pissed off after like most of a fifth even though I'd be feeling completely fine on my way to that point.
Vodka is fine and I am drinking less than I used to, but still a lot and with regularity.
>>
>>28351203
Haha yeah ok fuck you dude my hair is 110% better than yours. Also howd you not see the sideburns peeking out of the avatar. I think you might be a closet homo buddy
>>
>>28351233
Got any advice for it to go away fast too? Already trying to drink alot of water
>>
>>28351216
What kinda office do you manage? Is it as laidback as the office makes it out to be? How do you like ausland?
>>
>>28351269
Don't get so defensive, fucboi.

If that avatar is a reasonably accurate representation of you then 9/10 people are going to mistake you for a chick.
>>
>>28351282
Not really, no. Greasy breakfast used to help but I haven't had a significant hangover for years. Hydration is the key imo although I have noting to back that up.
>>
File: IMG_20160505_085950459.jpg (770 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160505_085950459.jpg
770 KB, 1456x2592
Yeah. I'm sober lmoa.

I'm more of a junkie desu, but Na doesn't actually work
>>
>>28351289
>What kinda office do you manage?
It's for a corporate real estate firm.
>Is it as laidback as the office makes it out to be?
Used to be.
>How do you like ausland?
Sick to fucking death of it. The only thing keeping me here is family and AFL. Would like to live in Tokyo or Budapest but don't speak Japanese or Hungarian.
>>
>>28351299
Its pretty accurate but im pretty sure noone in real life thinks im a chick im too tall and dirty for that.
>>
>>28351353
>im too tall and dirty for that.

Gross
>>
>>28351349
Howlong have you worked there/how old are you? Are you still drinking tonignt or trying to sober up before bed? Austraya sounds amazing to me but to be fair tokyo abd budaapest bith sound better. Why dont you like your homeland?
>>
Is it okay to use alcohol to be more confident and assertive? I'm working on those things as a whole but having a couple drinks in me makes it feel more natural. It makes me kind of a smart ass though.
>>
>>28351386
Yeah pretty much. Remember where we are?
>>
File: 13563.jpg (9 KB, 250x341) Image search: [Google]
13563.jpg
9 KB, 250x341
>>28347629
Watch this documentary:

https://youtu.be/g7fh2y2aDMc
>>
>>28350967
Seems like you're doin ok right now son. Just hang in there and be careful.
>>
>>28351400
8 years/ 31.
>Are you still drinking tonignt or trying to sober up before bed?
Still drinking, will drink right up until bed.
>Why dont you like your homeland?
Not that I don't like it. Im just tired of it. Need to live somewhere different for a while.
>>
File: redfang.jpg (78 KB, 575x234) Image search: [Google]
redfang.jpg
78 KB, 575x234
>>28351437
Oh shit thats quite awhile, how have you put up with your co-workers for so long? How long have you been manager?
Nice me too,whatre you drinking?
I get that about your living situation. I absolutely love the place i live but i need a change of envirnonment soon forsure.
>>
File: 1456868075426.png (543 KB, 960x722) Image search: [Google]
1456868075426.png
543 KB, 960x722
>>28351423
Thanks man. Dont know why you responded like that but i appreciate that. Definitely hangin int there but ill never be careful. Cheers
>>
>tfw no gf to cuddle with in the morning who would make your days bearable
>>
>>28351489
>Oh shit thats quite awhile, how have you put up with your co-workers for so long?
No idea. They're not that bad. Since I became boss I've been detached.
>How long have you been manager?
3 years? Can't remember. Might be 4.
>whatre you drinking?
Turkey
>I get that about your living situation. I absolutely love the place i live but i need a change of envirnonment soon forsure.
Where do you live?
>>
>>28351402
Slippery slope I must say. I wouldn't recommend using it for that but I understand how easy it feels.
>>
>>28348468
>I lied I really wouldn't mind hanging out I just have a crippling social anxiety disorder and have trouble with groups of people
Avoidants are such cucks, they sully the good name of shut-ins. Schizoid is where it's at. I couldn't give less of a fuck about spending time with normies or engage in their trite chit-chat.
>>
>>28351419
I watched that the other day. It's honestly pretty sunshine and roses comparatively.
There's a doc called high on alcohol where it just follows one guy and he dies in rehab.
This Louis Theroux one felt comfy compared to that. Joe was top lad by the way.
>>
>>28351402
Using anything to make yourself more confident and assertive is a slippery slope. Very easily becomes a crutch. I'm extremely likeable and confident on ecstasy. I've had people become so enthralled with me that I could sense the disappointment in them when they met me the second time and I was standoffish and aloof. I think the trick would be to work on myself so that I can become that secure and confident with myself that I can be close to that guy all the time rather than relying on drugs to bring it out.

Easier said than done though.
>>
File: 1454715238262.jpg (1 MB, 1280x827) Image search: [Google]
1454715238262.jpg
1 MB, 1280x827
>>28351557
Do you have your own office? I would imagine that would help with putting up with them along with detatchment.i cant imagine staying at one job for so long.

Wild turkey?? Me too! Plus cheap beer.

I live in the very north part of californnia. Basically oregon. Its beautiful and gross. Which are my favorite things. Tradsies?
>>
>>28351661
>"what's wrong with you, you seem weird"
>tfw can't tell them that it's the first time they've seen me sober
>>
>>28351732
>"what's wrong with you, you seem weird"

It was always nervous laughter and something like, "you okay, man? What's up?"
>>
>>28351684
>Do you have your own office?
Yeah.
>i cant imagine staying at one job for so long.
Neither could I. I want to go back to university and become a writer. Too late though.
>Which are my favorite things. Tradsies?
I don't know what you mean.
>>
File: 1454863879222.png (456 KB, 723x649) Image search: [Google]
1454863879222.png
456 KB, 723x649
>>28351788
Not too sound super corny but its never too late. Youve gotta have some money saved up as a manager even if youre a drunk. Be a writer if thats what you wanna do.

What do you mean you dont ubderstand i mean lets trade you come here and be a deadbeat nightshift working donut maker in norcal and ill be a realestate manager in uastralia. You down?
Also you didnt answer, are youbdrinking wild turkey?
>>
>>28348830
You are me. We are two of soul
>>
>>28351898
>Not too sound super corny but its never too late. Youve gotta have some money saved up as a manager even if youre a drunk. Be a writer if thats what you wanna do.

I should have money but my spending habits mean I live pay check to pay check. Insanity. I should be living comfortably and saving. I have a lot of leave payments saved up though. Probably not enough to go back to university. Plus I don't want to live with roommates again. I've been living alone for so long.

>What do you mean you dont ubderstand i mean lets trade you come here and be a deadbeat nightshift working donut maker in norcal and ill be a realestate manager in uastralia. You down?
Nah senpai

>Also you didnt answer, are youbdrinking wild turkey?
Nah, ground turkey juice. You just put raw turkey breast and metho into a blender. Has quite a kick.
>>
>>28351732
damn, this shit unironically got deep
or maybe I'm just simple
>>
File: 1438912196217.jpg (72 KB, 1023x899) Image search: [Google]
1438912196217.jpg
72 KB, 1023x899
>>28352000
Whoa man youre a hard motherfucker. Ground turkey juice? Respect dude fuck.

Yeah im pretty confident ill never have extra money in my life. Fuck school anyways. What do you wanna write about? What do you spend your money on besides booze?

Im living with roomates for the first time on my life after living with my mom and brother for 25 years. Theyre my best friends but i absolutely hate living with them. Id give anything tolive by myslef.
>>
>>28352255
I have a lot of stories and screenplays I write in my spare time when I'm not drunk. I don't write anywhere near enough though. I spend most of my working day starting into space and thinking about stories.
I spend my money on furniture, possessions and other assorted bullshit. Travel too but nowhere near as much as I should. Travel is a genuinely worthwhile thing to spend money on but I waste my money on bullshit.
>>
>>28348830

same here bro

im recovering but every time i slip up i say or text something horrible to someone, it's like it releases this bottled-up resentment
>>
>>28351684

dude i loved that picture back in high school, had it as my desktop, haven't seen it in ages definitely comfy
>>
Im not planning to quit anytime soon, i am drinking daily since i was 18. I did drop out of college but for employment reasons. I am functional, I have a gf of four years, a house, social life and a good job, and since I got The news that im being promoted for The third time in 5 years a couple hours ago I am now enjoying a second glass with content that everything is on track..So no..
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.