[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /uneducated/ here ? >tfw feel like shrinking into a corner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
Who /uneducated/ here ?

>tfw feel like shrinking into a corner when the topic of university or college degrees come up
>tfw half of women have a degree and look down on men that dont have one
>>
>>28346901
Me. I feel better off, desu. The people that come out of college these days are fucking crazy, I could have ended up like them.
>>
>>28346921
crazy all the way 2 the bank
>>
nah if anything im overeducated (phd student). ill leave so you dorks dont get too jelly.
>>
>>28346901
I have 2 years at a private university and a degree from a trade school. I learned more in a week at the trade school than two years at a 40k a year university. Trust me, you're better off.
>>
I'm going to community college this fall and I'm already considering just not showing up because of the fact I'm 27. When I went to my placement test it was so obvious I was "old guy" and I'm completely embarrassed.
>>
>>28346901
>dropped out of university first year
>landed job as intern in a medium sized logistics company
>6 years later, operations manager on 6 figures

education is overrated unless it's STEM
>>
>>28346967
Nobody wants to be at community college, chances are at 27 you'll be 15 years younger than average.
>>
File: com v uni.jpg (25 KB, 386x207) Image search: [Google]
com v uni.jpg
25 KB, 386x207
>>28346967
Why community college? It is a lot less valuable than a university and you usually end up with a worse job.

Might as well do it the proper way.
>>
>>28347033
Because when I inevitably fail horribly I'd rather be 10k in debt than 40
>>
>>28347033
>>28347053
Oh also forgot to mention, I spent high school playing video games and then by the end drinking all night so my transcript is straight Ds

I didn't even graduate on time, I had to take a class in summer school. I was actually just going to drop out because I figured I'd have to repeat senior year
>>
>>28347033
>no free college
>no free healthcare
>no basic income
everyday I thank the heavens that I wasn't born in burgerland
>>
>tfw self taught
>tfw people just don't understand that I don't really need college

I don't hate college, but I do hate how it's kind of culturally frowned upon to not go. The looks that people give me when I try explain that I don't really need college to achieve my goals is kind of alienating
>>
>>28346901
I didn't even complete 12th grade, although I am only 18 so there are options. I'll probably just go back and try to do it properly.
>>
I'm dropping high school this year. I can't make it because I keep falling asleep there and miss out on important stuff. And the fact that I hate the place doesn't help.

I'm going to waste my life as a burger flipper on a minimum wage. Who the fuck cares.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.