[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good field to major in for a robot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1462193423131.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462193423131.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
What's a good field to major in for a robot?
>>
literally nothing

people will say EECS I am sure, even that leads to stupid shit jobs that underpay for a ridiculous amount of overtime

there is no winning major, whatever you choose will sap time away from your life and lead you to make lots of money for your boss
>>
>>28345296
Don't do CS unless you are fucking really goddamn smart. I see hundreds of you fuckers drop out after like one semester into a CS major because you start you realize that you are basically taking nothing but engineering-based courses and not learning how to be an uber leet hax0r.
>>
Computer Science, Law, Medicine, Civil Engineering, anything construction related tbqh.
>>
>>28345296
Most robots have social anxiety disorder and therefore high levels of stress hormones. No major is right for you because all require you to be comfortable with other humans
>>
robotics and cumputer science
>>
>>28345627
>Law, Medicine, Civil Engineering
Literally Normie:Anniversary Edition careers
>>
>>28345296

I would say computer science or engineering since it is literally robot tier, but I still haven't tested the job market and have been graduated for a year now.
>>
>>28345627
these are all fucking horrible choices, what the fuck is wrong with you?

do you think a robot could handle medicine or law?
>>
Philosophy Major

Im a robot and im doing it
>>
>>28345296
Robotics

Automation

Mechatronics
>>
>>28345606
>engineering-based courses
that's making it sound fancy and difficult
cs is a meme that any dedicated neet can self learn
that's how difficult cs is
>>
>>28345819

Any dedicated NEET can read some engineering books and buy some electrical supplies online to make circuit boards and transistors. What's your point?

You can self learn just about anything they teach in university.
>>
>>28345606
this is true
Only the hardest of the hard make it in CS. You've gotta be either really be an sociopath or an addict of some sort to really succeed in EE/CS.

t. EECS major.
>>28345379
If you're doing EECS you've gotta be self employed or make games (the compsci equivalent of ultra-hi-risk-hi-reward gambling)
What I did is I saved money and started a company.
literally the godmode combo
>>
>>28345819

Some CS programs are part of a school's engineering department and REQUIRE computer engineering. Even the "School of Science" CS degrees require a lot of hardware courses.
>>
>>28345881
>>28345859
>muh major is so hard guyzz, like SO stressed out right now xDDDD
I was talking about CS itself, which is simply easy.
>>
>>28346012

No it isn't. Upper level and grad level is on par with anything else in STEM. Data mining, neural nets, natural language processing, algorithm theory., etc.

A solid understanding of mathematic structures and methods is crucial for doing anything like JPEG or Huffman compression, or 3D graphics engines.

No I don't think CS is impossible, but a lot of people dropped it like it was hot after the data structures class (which was low 200s). I thought that stuff was pretty straightforward. I knew about linked lists and trees for years before going to college. I had a 3.25 in CS and played video games most of the time. It's the projects that kill you.
>>
>>28346254
>Data mining, neural nets, natural language, Huffman, processing, algorithm theory

that stuff is part of the undergrad stuff at MIT

unless one is studying CS at a top school, then don't try to claim it's hard

Also STEM when not studied at a top school is just as mediocre

Bro, I looked at the curriculum for the CS course at a uni nearby, there wasn't a single pure math course

I feel like a total jerk saying all of this, but it is true. We are all
>>
>>28346254
>low 200s
what does this mean?
>>
>>28346430

first semester Sophomore.
>>
>>28346336

Algorithms has both an undergrad and grad course, but numerical methods was part of my undergrad mathematics electives. Data mining and AI are grad courses, but game AI is being offered as a junior level undergrad course now at my school.

Yeah, there's a reason MIT and Stanford grads can command $100K salaries and lead the research in the field. Big whoop. I've looked at some of the "elite" school material and it doesn't seem that tough. I would just have to buckle down a little more, but I think I could do it.
>>
>>28346513

CS will eat you up if you think it's all fun and games. You have to be anal as fuck to kick out bugs and get the simplest programs running.

It's just a different type of hard than say quantum physics or medicine.
>>
>>28345296
>Hillary presidency
robotics, gunsmithing, welfare office
>Trump presidency
Just get a job and enter the glorious middle class :^)
>>
>>28345296
>tfw bad at math

how fucked am i
i completely forgot all math i learned from like 8th grade to now
>>
I am study agricoltural scienze and plant biology.
Is quite good if you are a robot
>>
>>28345296
minefield

don't kid yourself and go back being human trash, go jerk off or something
>>
>>28345711
>Medicine
>normie

Ha!

They score pretty high on psychopathy index.
>>
math. light course load. you just do proofs and shit. bonus: you get to be NEET after you graduate. or go to grad school and then be NEET.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.