[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking about getting into a trade rather then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1462409631476.jpg (469 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
1462409631476.jpg
469 KB, 1440x1920
I've been thinking about getting into a trade rather then the military.

I'm not sure how to go about it though.

My mental fog is probably not good for a military setting where people are pressed to be alert, then again it might be a wake up call to my body and mind.

I'm 23 and essentially a manchild failure and I'm very scared about things, but not scared enough to put myself out there.

I'm just very bad at making decisions and I've been extremely bad at making my way out of this neet hell.

Even if the internet went out or something I'd probably just lay on the floor for about 3 days before trying to leave my room and begging my mom for food.

I've just been really lost for the longest time and it's going to reach a nightmarish crescendo one of these days.
>>
yeah trades seem to be the way to go, I think my uncle said go to a union headquarters to get an apprenticeship. you'd be ok in the military though most people do fine and most people are dumb but it doesn't really seem to get you ahead from everyone I've seen.

do it now you won't wake up feeling different one day and it is worse the more time you waste you just have to do stuff. talk to someone if you can use your voice and say the words like you wrote here.

you are already in the nightmare

what ever you want to do you are good enough and I love you
>>
File: 1462410868651.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1462410868651.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>28343139
Thank you Anon. I love you to.
>>
I'm in pretty much the exact same scenario except I'm 22.

I'm about to get kicked out of college so I'm thinking of becoming an electrician. I've been looking up how to do it and I have to apply to a union which includes an interview and that scares me a bit but I have to do something, I don't have the resources to be a NEET.
>>
>>28342899
Nice dubs.

You need to land a union apprenticeship which can be hard.

Consider that you can do both. Lots of forces electrician jobs etc.

You're probably sharper than you give yourself credit for so don't be discouraged, regardless of what you decide.

It's not important what you choose. You just have to make a decision and commit.
>>
>>28343492
Is there a way to get certified without joining a union?
>>
>>28343763
Trades aren't something you can walk into. There's a big culture of seniority and experience. If you try to just go to class, get your certs and start working everyone will shit on you for being a cowboy with no time served.

If you're serious you should be an apprentice or do it through some other means that gives experience.
>>
>>28342899
move to texas and apply to be a level 1 helper doing inspection or rt work. I know a few people who got in the door without anything just because they seemed trainable and willing. You better be able to work 14 hours a day outside though.
>>
>>28342899

Early 20s are a natural time for a young man to be going through purgatory. I'd say the military is indeed a shitshow and not worth it; you get out with no better job prospects, PTSD and a government that has completely ceased giving a shit about helping you through the conditions you acquired during service (amputation/emotional damage/what have you).

But no matter what you do, your suffering will likely continue for several years. The only upside is that, at the end of it, suffering will leave you wise, and that's when you can start your life.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.