[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just cried myself to sleep after trying to kill myself. Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: 1456321722472.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1456321722472.png
12 KB, 645x773
I just cried myself to sleep after trying to kill myself. Someone tell me it will be alright, please.
>>
>just cried myself to sleep
>is awake
>>
>>28342625
it's probably not going to be alright.
>>
It is alright now. At least you are safe. Just get some sleep.
>>
>>28342625
*hugs*
It'll be okay, OP-sama.
>>
>>28342625
Try again tomorrow, maybe you'll get it and this can all end and you'll be able to rest.
>>
>>28342645
Did you know people can wake up?
>>
you didn't try hard enough
>>
>>28342703

>just

>just

anon please
>>
I'm here for you OP. I'm glad you didn't succeed in killing yourself. Just breathe. Get cozy and warm. Drink some warm water or tea. It will be okay, OP. You will be okay. I know it hurts now, but it will get better. Please trust me.
>>
If ur white ur alrite. If ur brown like me, get a fattie. It'll be alrite dawg
>>
That's shitty.

Even when it seems the worst, it's not enough to fuck yourself with death.

Indulge in shit you like. Remember that life isn't as serious as you(r) (possible mental illness) make it out to be.

If you don't feel like others care if you're around tomorrow, either it's not true or fuck them.

We fuckers are all still here.
>>
>>28342703
>>28342625
I don't think you know what "just" means

Anyway, you can always try try again, OP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s
>>
>>28342625
The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned... that deep down there's a light that never goes out!
>>
>>28342869

very recently; in the immediate past.
"I've just seen the local paper"
synonyms: a moment ago, a second ago, a short time ago, very recently, not long ago
"I just saw him"
>>
>>28342625
>after trying to kill myself
If you actually wanted to kill yourself, you would have succeeded. You just wanted attention, you stupid faggot. You're no better than 15-year-old girls who take a handful of Tylenol.
>>
>>28342934

body can be very resilient
>>
>>28342955
That's why you blow your brains out while you're drunk. I hate weak faggots like OP, if you can handle life than gtfo.
>>
>>28343000

Sadly not everyone lives in the glorious USA

Or are old enough to get drunk

maybe OP is 16 years old
>>
>>28343000
I'm not sure that you've put a gun pressed against your own head before. You don't just 'pull the trigger' like you would at the shooting range.
>>
>>28342625
Anon, You should seek assistance from a therapist.

I can assure you everything will be okay. Maybe watch some anime if thats your thing, or chill out to some vaporwave.

Or you could watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IlH62NoMJo
>>
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. You can end the suffering at any moment.
>>
>>28343026
>>28343043
lame excuses
>>
>>28343083

The way you wrote this is oddly soothing.
>>
>>28343069
That video has saved my life numerous times. OP needs to watch it.
>>
>>28342834
>Even when it seems the worst, it's not enough to fuck yourself with death.
Nah, there are some situations whose only solution is death.
>>
>>28343125
>muh strawman
Come on, man.
>>
File: 37.jpg (57 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
57 KB, 640x406
Now that you know what it means to be dead you can start living again.
>>
Hi OP. You're gonna be okay. It might hurt for a while but I promise you that on the distant horizon there is something better for you. I promise. It's gonna be alright
>>
>nobody asked yet
How did you attempt suicide OP? It's possible you should be seeking medical attention right now.

>>28342763
This was very kind.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDakhg45rk

it'll be alright desu senpai.
>>
Op there are sexy audio generals for both men and women on /soc/
You can make free requests
You can have whatever gender tell you in words that everything will be okay
>>
File: Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta.gif (1018 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta.gif
1018 KB, 480x270
>>28342625
You should watch some cute anime OP. It usually helps me at moments of utter despair
>>
>>28342625
>Someone tell me it will be alright, please.

>expecting people to lie to you just for your gratification

Wow, you really are a shit person.
>>
>>28342703
NO
(CAN'T WAKE UP)
>>
>>28342625
It'll be alright anon
>>
>>28344312
Via shotgun. I physically can't force myself to cut, or it would've already been done.
>>
File: 1435412313164.jpg (1 MB, 1762x1152) Image search: [Google]
1435412313164.jpg
1 MB, 1762x1152
>>28342625
Damnit OP, when I said "We're all gonna make it someday" I meant it. Don't drop out yet.
>>
>>28342625

Just be a fucking man you faggot
>>
>>28342625
You "just cried myself to sleep" "JUST" man you are one dumb faggot, let me guess you are sleep walking and sleep posting then?
>>
>>28344589
>Via shotgun
What happened that led this to fail? Were you incapable of pulling the trigger?
>>
File: 567.jpg (53 KB, 680x1102) Image search: [Google]
567.jpg
53 KB, 680x1102
>>28344605

Telling people there is hope just prolongs their suffering. For some, there is no hope, and so no reason to continue

If you consider the balance of pleasure over pain to be the criterion of value, then you must agree. To continue an agonizing life is simply a masochistic attachment to hope, rather than a frank acceptance of your own fate.
>>
>>28344657
You don't know that though. You can't predict the future. If you want to be dead, you have an infinite span of time to be dead. But you only have so long to live.
>>
>>28344648
Initially forgot to take the safety off (yes I am that retarded.) After pulling back the trigger and it not firing I couldn't do it again.

If it makes anyone feel any better I just chugged some vodka and I'm feeling pretty good now.
>>
File: Young males and society.png (39 KB, 839x223) Image search: [Google]
Young males and society.png
39 KB, 839x223
>>28344780
Suicide via shotgun is metal as fuck, just make sure it's fully inserted in your mouth so you don't end up surviving and looking like an inbred mongoloid.

Honestly though, I'm really hoping some deeply depressed robot goes to one of those shitty poetry slams, and while he's being recorded, talks about how young males are treated like absolute trash in western society (pic related), then takes out a shotgun that was hidden in his guitar case and blows his head off in front of all the normies. Man, that'd be godly. He'd not only make national news and deeply disturb all the normies and SJWs, but he'd bring attention to how fucked young males are.
>>
>>28344780
I'm glad the safety was on anon. Enjoy the rest of your life.
>>
>>28342625
>Someone tell me it will be alright, please.
that would be a lie anon
>>
It will be alright OP, we all just have to take things one day at a time. Do you want to talk about it? Why you feel like things won't be alright?

I hope you feel better and things work out for you.
>>
>>28345027
>Enjoy the rest of your life.

If I were suicidal and you told me that, I would hit you in the face.
>>
>>28345235
I guess you could see that as being heartless if it's delivered with the right tone of voice. I didn't intend it that way.
>>
>>28345332
You don't get it. Compassionate, it would still betray repulsive, vapid arrogance of denying self-determination and the right to decide if one prefers life or death. 'He failed at his attempt, no doubt this means that he's a born-again person and he wants to live now! Clearly this means that he now aligns with me that life is wonderful! Joy!'

Fuck off.
>>
>>28345414
(If someone tried to kill themselves in my company and failed, I would ask him what they want to do next, and told them that I'm willing to help them whatever they decide, and make clear that while I might state my preference that they should live, I would never imply that it's an objectively proper choice.)
>>
Hey OP, i dont know who you are... and i probably wont ever meet you. But I am very glad your safety was on. Dont end it, i love you dont throw your life away
>>
>>28345500
>But I am very glad your safety was on. Dont end it, i love you dont throw your life away

Another fucker who think that his perceptions are only right.
>>
>>28345500
>I don't know you but I love you
You fucking disgust me, normalfag. You aren't helping anyone.
>>
File: 1461875597126.gif (6 KB, 360x331) Image search: [Google]
1461875597126.gif
6 KB, 360x331
>>28345414
>it would still betray repulsive, vapid arrogance of denying self-determination and the right to decide if one prefers life or death
"Enjoy the rest of your life" is a positive sentiment whether somebody will live for two hours or forty years.

Please do not spew this hypersensitivity all over the place. Stop getting offended on the behalf of others. Do you want me to show true penitence for telling somebody "Enjoy the rest of your life" while I'm drunk? Do you want me to carefully mine through every word I type to make sure it doesn't minimize the dignity of the suicidal? Fuck off, man. If you are this much of a hyper-ethical bitch about such inconsequential things you do not belong on 4chan.

I do not believe life is great for everybody or for me, but OP made a thread asking people to tell him things are alright. I assumed he was looking for token kindness and I gave it.
>>
>>28342625
It won't be alright, but it can always be worse. Someone always has it worse and you'd be throwing your life away when you can use it to help someone.

That mindset keeps me going and helps me stay inspired and determined. Find a cause and then you'll be "alright."
>>
>>28345558
>"Enjoy the rest of your life" is a positive sentiment whether somebody will live for two hours or forty years.

'I-I totally didn't mean that as an implication that I'm happy that OP has chosen the path of Life and Light!'

If you wanted OP to feel better, and not just distribute your pro-life agenda, you would tell him (the anonymity-appropriate equivalent of) that you'll support him no matter what he chooses to do.

'Someone tell me it will be alright, please.' How do you know if OP would not like to find his alright in death rather than in life?
>>
>>28342625
tint.acorn?
>>
>>28345571
>[OP] can use [his life] to help someone

[citation needed]
>>
>>28342625
It would just be one more futile gesture in a lifetime of futile gestures.

Fuck it, May as well escalate this shit now and do whatever you always wanted to do but were too scared. You have nothing left to lose.
>>
>>28345652
I'm not going to reply to you again after this. If you think a person who almost dies wants to hear >>28345459, though, you are very stupid. People want to be valued. It is so simple and obvious that it is condescending to tell you.
>>
>>28345860
>If you think a person who almost dies wants to hear >>28345459, though, you are very stupid.

I hope I'll never become as arrogant as to speak for another person, especially after they endured a shocking situation.
>>
Hi OP. I didn't read the thread, only your post. Tell me your Skype or start a group chat if you want to talk.

The same goes for any depressed Anon out there
>>
>>28345882
>>28345860
In fact, it's interesting how you committed a subtle manipulation there, presenting, for less careful readers, my post as suggesting people what they should do ('if you think that someone wants to hear...'), rather than acknowledging their self-determination and freedom.

I know your kind, tripfag. The helpful-therapeutizing-psychologizing type. It's quite common here. You pretend to only be concerned about others, but your true, manipulative colours come through every time someone deviates from your preset dogma, such as 'suicide = bad'.
>>
>>28345933
Why would you stipulate that suicide is good in general?
>>
>>28346087
It's neither good or bad in itself. It's good if you want to do it; it's bad if you don't.
>>
>>28346110
On what basis is it good if you want to do it in the present? Are you taking into account what one would feel in the future?
>>
>>28346132
There are no objective criteria of good and bad outside of desire to do it. For even the remotest future outcomes and consequences of suicide, if they are at the instant of making the decision pushing you towards it, they are good, if repelling -- bad, if doing neither -- neutral. If a person acknowledges that 'oh yeah probably that would suck in the future', it is stil objectively only a bad thing only insofar as it has real sway over the decision being made. If it's just an indifferent realization, it is neither a good or bad thing for that person, despite its verbal form.
>>
>>28346175
That seems pretty far removed from most opinions formed from any real psychological knowledge as most suicide victims reform after failed attempts. It's shortsighted to say that because they feel one way in the present that this wouldn't change in the future.
>>
>>28346234
>That seems pretty far removed from most opinions formed from any real psychological knowledge as most suicide victims reform after failed attempts.

This is in absolutely no contradiction with what I said. Sure, after the attempt their priorities change, but their error -- and yours here -- is their calling the attempt a 'mistake'. It was not a mistake, because there are no objective criteria for a mistake -- it's a subjective judgement term. It was perfectly rational, because humans are incapable of irrationality (we're necessarily utilitarian). They just erroneously transfer their newfound, present (subjective) disapproval of suicide onto their past (subjective) approval of it when they were killing myself, and let the resulting confusion call the attempt 'irrational'.

It's quite entertaining to realize the sloppiness of human thinking reflected in things like that.
>>
>>28346287
>>28346234
In short, people let the radicality of the post-attempt priority change even call suicide 'objectively wrong'. Humans are very prone to objectivizing their feelings.
>>
>>28346287
Why is the latter realization irrational while the former desire for suicide isn't?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.